Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Hardwick is now an excellent head coach.

but this is his biggest challenge since the summer of 2016/17

yes, it’s only round 4, but the way we’re playing is a concern.
Even more reason to alter the structure & playing list. However still needs them to have fun & play to instincts. Few fresh faces may help.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I've always felt Hardwick hasn't been a great 'game day' coach, with positional moves etc.
Im not to sure what he can do to reinvent himself.
Maybe he can play alot more kids and stop playing players that aren't 100% right. Martin injured Stack not fit.
We need to go back to playing players in thier natural position too, Ross at half back & Graham on a wing simply isn't cutting it. I'd put Naish on a wing & Caddy fwd too

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We need to go back to playing players in thier natural position too, Ross at half back & Graham on a wing simply isn't cutting it. I'd put Naish on a wing & Caddy fwd too
Seems like we are trying to outsmart ourselves. I am all for players learning but let’s get them mastering their strengths first.

Reactions: 3 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Seems like we are trying to outsmart ourselves. I am all for players learning but let’s get them mastering their strengths first.
Yep
McIntosh and Broad pitch hitting in ruck is laughable at best

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Forget Caracella.
Get Balme back in the box. Who ever decided he wasn’t required needs to be sacked.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Interested to know what those other areas are TOO?

Also would like to know who our forward line coach is as I am not seeing much system or structure that has previously been a key to our success.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It might be given the less time to practice as a whole group the game plan needs to be simplified a bit. It is obviously not working the keeping a goalkeeper back as a spare seems to have disappeared. Maybe a smaller more agile coaching staff is the way to go this year. I think we were one of the very few to keep all the coaches on.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I believe McQualter and Kingsley aren't denizens of the coaching habitat ..