Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Adding Teague and keeping Kingsley is a superb result. Agree a backline coaching addition would be a real positive.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I'll be talking to Rance to see if you wants to try coaching.
He did a little bit of assistant coaching at VFL level for us when injuried.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dustin Martin extolling Kingsley's virtues for his midfield work with the Tige's to aid him in getting Blue's top job.

Why then did we send Kingsley to be in charge of defense in 2021 :rolleyes: ?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Dustin Martin extolling Kingsley's virtues for his midfield work with the Tige's to aid him in getting Blue's top job.

Why then did we send Kingsley to be in charge of defense in 2021 :rolleyes: ?
Because for assistants to become head coaches they need experience across all lines. We don't just develop our players, but our coaching staff too.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'll be talking to Rance to see if you wants to try coaching.
He did a little bit of assistant coaching at VFL level for us when injuried.
Great initiative. And if we have a run of injuries to KPDs, we might just persuade him to pull the jumper back on to shore up the defence. Hell, once his competitive juices start firing again, you'd struggle to hold him back.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
SEN reporting that Richmond Assistant Andrew McQualter has been tabled an offer from Carlton for an assistant role.
Apparently he went through their process for the main job as well and they were impressed.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I have heard we are definitely after one more assistant.

Caro alluded on Footy Classified that we among the other bigger clubs cut too deep last year and are looking at bolstering our footy department spend.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
SEN reporting that Richmond Assistant Andrew McQualter has been tabled an offer from Carlton for an assistant role.
Apparently he went through their process for the main job as well and they were impressed.
Who was he up against?
The potted plant in the corner?

I'm just surprised someone actual agreed to an interview with carltoon.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Id be surprised he (anyone) would accept a position as an assistant when they haven't yet named a head coach.

Reactions: 5 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Would be surprised a club would chase an assistant without a head coach

Reactions: 1 user