Australia Day 26 January | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australia Day 26 January

The bigger question now is what is Australia? Do we care anymore? What are our core values and do we as a nation stand for anything?
Our demographic has changed so much that the issue is not when we celebrate but what we are celebrating.
I'd like to think that as a nation we celebrate inclusiveness, tolerance & giving others a fair go.
I do wonder if that is being eroded though.
I understand the need to regenerate but 500k immigrants last year certainly got my attention.
There has to be some balance to immigration numbers or we will start to lose our sense of self.
If we lose that culture of inclusiveness it's a slippery slope as we are at risk of becoming disconnected as a nation.
Disconnection then leads to selfishness, so finding that balance is crucial.
Unfortunately I think Australians are more selfish than ever & I'm not sure it's going to get much better.

Reactions: 2 users
Ironically, the types who love to rail against 'wokeness' and 'PC gone mad' tend to get their knickers in a twist when you point out how stupid they sound.
The types who use "woke" & "PC gone mad" also tend to use phrases like "consumed by guilt", "virtue signalling" "national identity" & "self loathing" without being explain what any of it actually means.

I’m sorry if I hit a nerve.
Your differently spelled namesake routinely posts objectively racist posts, then does the old 'how dare you call me racist'. The bigger racist you are, the louder you scream when called out. If I've learnt one thing in life, that is it.

Reactions: 6 users
I'd like to think that as a nation we celebrate inclusiveness, tolerance & giving others a fair go.
I do wonder if that is being eroded though.
I understand the need to regenerate but 500k immigrants last year certainly got my attention.
There has to be some balance to immigration numbers or we will start to lose our sense of self.
If we lose that culture of inclusiveness it's a slippery slope as we are at risk of becoming disconnected as a nation.
Disconnection then leads to selfishness, so finding that balance is crucial.
Unfortunately I think Australians are more selfish than ever & I'm not sure it's going to get much better.
The immigration debate is a tough one Tooheys.

I think the 600k for the last 12 months is gross and another 200k left, so net migration is about 400k. It is a big number but when you take into account the COVID pause it averages at a fairly normal rate.

However, we aren’t keeping up with infrastructure and that’s a major issue, a really big issue in fact. But on the other hand we have a labour shortage and we need labour, especially skilled labour. Very difficult policy issue and as you rightly say, the balance is tough.

We have had large net immigration for the best part of 75+ years in this country, we are a country of immigrants. However it isn’t Anglo Saxon and European Christians coming here anymore and that’s what a lot of people don’t like.

To me the reality is that we can’t have this sort of immigration for that period and expect to remain a “king and country” judeo-Christian society. The answer imo is we accept that we are not, that we are Australia. Different, unique, multicultural and 60,000 years old, not 240. Let’s grow up and accept who we are.

Reactions: 7 users
Will be very interesting to see what a 'grown up' Australia looks like.

Will we be more like Asia than our dwindling connections with the UK? My biggest question then is will we be more or less tolerant & inclusive in that case..? No guarantees on that front from my experience.

I'd sure like to step into a time machine & see what the future of our country looks like.

Last edited:
The main trouble with Australia is breathtaking, wilful, ignorance, as exhibited in this thread and others. Ironically, the types who love to rail against 'wokeness' and 'PC gone mad' tend to get their knickers in a twist when you point out how stupid they sound. Hey man, just saying it how it is - isn't that how it goes? I just call it as I see it! You're dumb. Sorry if that's not PC enough for you.

They're a bunch of snowflakes, they rail against "wokeness" whatever that is, they parade their ignorance and bigotry, but you challenge them and they act all offended.

Hey, if people want to parade ignorance and bigotry, they should own it, be proud of what they believe and willing to engage in robust debate. I really am sick of how damned precious the RWNJs are.

DS

• Haha
Your differently spelled namesake routinely posts objectively racist posts, then does the old 'how dare you call me racist'. The bigger racist you are, the louder you scream when called out. If I've learnt one thing in life, that is it.
LoL all the paragons of virtue have put their thumbs up. All Yes voting losers. Just look at the intellectual garbage they pen. This statistic that statistic .Page after page of worthless diatribe in solving the poor Gazan Palestinian Hamas shat hole they are in. Not one good word for the West & never will whilst their willie points to the ground.

They're a bunch of snowflakes, they rail against "wokeness" whatever that is, they parade their ignorance and bigotry, but you challenge them and they act all offended.

Hey, if people want to parade ignorance and bigotry, they should own it, be proud of what they believe and willing to engage in robust debate. I really am sick of how damned precious the RWNJs are.

DS
Migrate to the Middle East. The quicker the better & take Baloo Sin Snake with you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
'We are the stuffed men leaning together with headpieces filled with straw (man-arguments).'
Apologies to TS Eliot.

A few here like to pile on with name calling. I hope it makes you all feel good about yourselves. Name calling is not robust argument.

Best wishes to you all. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'd sure like to step into a time machine & see what the future of our country looks like.
No you won't.
According to all gibbering over the last 30 years or so there's not going to be a future one way or the other, so maybe it's more valid to just get through today n worry about tomorrow if you're lucky enough to open your eyes the next morning.

No you won't.
According to all gibbering over the last 30 years or so there's not going to be a future one way or the other, so maybe it's more valid to just get through today n worry about tomorrow if you're lucky enough to open your eyes the next morning.
What you have to worry about is The Spew sic Few getting in the way of progress.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mmunity-groups-fears-endangered-wildlife.html

Ps Alcoa shuts down Kwinana bauxite refinery due to $136 million loss. Loss due to The Spew having Court action against them from mining high grade bauxite. Lucky this lot (The Spew) were not around before electricity was invented because if you lit a candle you would be up before the Beak for polluting the atmosphere.

'We are the stuffed men leaning together with headpieces filled with straw (man-arguments).'
Apologies to TS Eliot.

A few here like to pile on with name calling. I hope it makes you all feel good about yourselves. Name calling is not robust argument.

Best wishes to you all. 🙂
The main name calling i see on this thread is from Tigga calling others losers, and some calling Tigga a racist- (I dont think anyone can deny this, can they?)

I do see some posts full of cliches without meaning- cliches are not an argument at all.

Woolworths joins the The Spew. Time for real Australians to stand up & boycott Woollies on Australia day. Will you boycott Woollies on Australia day ?.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Woolworths joins the The Spew. Time for real Australians to stand up & boycott Woollies on Australia day. Will you boycott Woollies on Australia day ?.

I don't think real Australians give a *smile* about Australia Day merchandise. Inbred racist *smile* might, but not real Australians.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think real Australians give a *smile* about Australia Day merchandise. Inbred racist *smile* might, but not real Australians.
Shows how much some really care about Australia Day when they get upset that they cant buy their Aussie flag thongs, towels and bikinis each year from the local supermarket.

• Haha
Shows how much some really care about Australia Day when they get upset that they cant buy their Aussie flag thongs, towels and bikinis each year from the local supermarket.
I think the chinese would be more upset. Aussie merchandise being banned would put a slight dent in the Chinese manufacturing economy

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Dutton should get a big Aussie flag tattooed on his potato head noggin.
Then he could be a walking piece of Australia Day merchandise

• Wow
  • Haha
I think the chinese would be more upset. Aussie merchandise being banned would put a slight dent in the Chinese manufacturing economy
Yeah, its just *smile* ridiculous that the major opposition party in this country is trying to make an issue of a supermarket choosing not to sell cheap arse thongs and stubby holders made overseas.

Jacinta Price is trying to get her face on TV again by getting involved.

Seriously if this is an issue that people are focussing on, Australia must truly be the greatest country in the world- credit must go to Albanese and his government for making it so.