Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

As much as I love Dusty, I thought it was Houli's medal today. He was big in the short time the game was on the line.

This guy has transcended football for me.

The moment when he put an arm around Greene will long live in my memory of the game. He is just a great human being, he makes me a better man for being lucky enough to watch him work.

The world would be a better place with more Bachar Houlis in it.
As much as I love Bashar's game today he looked as if he was having the time of his life and going in hard you are disrespecting Dusty's efforts today.

The report was that Dusty was a unanimous choice by all those who voted in the press.

Don’t worry about the Norm Smith.
Make him Mayor of Richmond.
Wonderful player. Even better human

Reactions: 2 users
Brilliant finals series capping off his best ever year and deserved AA selection. Amazing effort and surely we give him at least a 2 year contract now.

Great bloke. Stopped, turned back, picked up and returned my eldest's Tigers cap that fell over onto the ground during the Cup walk.

Now he's asking for a new jumper with 14 on the back.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
He was ferocious. Remember when he was soft, eons ago? The hotter the game, the harder he goes. A triumph of the will.

Reactions: 3 users
His interview on Ch 7 Game Day today was so wonderful and humble.

We are so blessed as supporters having a wonderful group of people.

Was up 9 am putting kids theough training/game with his BH Academy.

Who does things like that?

Rance with his academy.
Houli with his.
Indigenous centre.

Reactions: 6 users
As much as I love Dusty, I thought it was Houli's medal today. He was big in the short time the game was on the line.

This guy has transcended football for me.

The moment when he put an arm around Greene will long live in my memory of the game. He is just a great human being, he makes me a better man for being lucky enough to watch him work.

The world would be a better place with more Bachar Houlis in it.
Has he explained what happened with Greene and/or what was said?

He was ferocious. Remember when he was soft, eons ago? The hotter the game, the harder he goes. A triumph of the will.
Yeh, he almost appeared to relish the physicality this year. Amazing transformation.

Reactions: 1 user
I can remember when I got worried when Bash had ball in hand, because I was never quite sure if he’d stuff it up. That doesn’t happen any more.

Bachar Houli is an absolute gem of Richmond Football Club.
The world is better place for Bachar's presence.
Just a wonderful example of humanity and what compassion and being humble can do and bring to people.
Whoever eventually is honoured with receiving the #14 jumper ought to be very aware of what it means to wear this great man's number on his back.
Great man love for Bachar.

Reactions: 8 users
Not sure but the vibe I got was he told him to relax and not take it all so seriously.

Easy to say when you're miles ahead ;)

But the Richmond players do genuinely look like they are having a great time, it's an attitude of: I love footy and they pay me s***loads to do what I love, doesn't get much better than this!

I always remember going to a Bob Dylan concert years ago, crap performance, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on stage in front of us. By contrast I've seen the Rolling Stones a couple of times and one of the reasons they are a great live act is they absolutely love playing blues and rock 'n roll, wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they weren't playing music.

Attitude makes such a difference. I think we saw it even more in the Prelim, they knew they needed to peg back that half time lead but they trusted the process, went out to play footy and figured if they could get it right the score would take care of itself. I don't see that attitude in many teams and it does contribute greatly to our success.

As for Houli: a credit to the club, a credit to the game and a credit to the human race. So happy he plays for us.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Amazing finals player. One of my favourite plays was when Houli spoiled an attempted mark by a taller player, got up off the ground a ripped a beautiful tackle which caused the ball to drop free to us and we scored a goal. That was Houli'a goal right there.

Reactions: 1 users
Amazing finals player. One of my favourite plays was when Houli spoiled an attempted mark by a taller player, got up off the ground a ripped a beautiful tackle which caused the ball to drop free to us and we scored a goal. That was Houli'a goal right there.

Yes Tomlinson I think. Also a great spoil on the wing opposed to Himmelberg and Mummy.

Always been a Bash fan, but *smile* me. Just keeps getting better n better the older he gets.