Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

a man full of courage faith and connection

the strength of this man is unbelievable

its been a pleasure to support you

thanks for everything .......... I enjoyed watching your career and your growth

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Who have we got in the team now that can continue to drive the standards?

Dave and Houli will be missed more so from a culture point of view. Struggling to think of the junior guys who can take this up in the current team. Perhaps Jack Graham. Not sure Stacky , Bolton have the characters to drive this.
I don’t think it’s something to worry about. No one outside the club would have picked David as a driver of culture 10 years ago. The club would see this as a trait when recruiting.

I feel a deep sense of loss.
I’ll miss him so much. The player and the man.
Transcends football.
A human with a higher purpose.
Respect forever .

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
What a man, what a player.

A shining example of proving the doubters wrong.

But for a bloke with a *smile* haircut in the number 4 guernsey he may have a Norm Smith or two.

You’ve been an inspiration Bachar, and will be sorely missed.

Reactions: 7 users
Seems he was pushed. Another great speech - what a champ - and after watching him and Dave can't see too many issues with our culture and this so called arrogance. Pretty sure with Graham, Baker and the like the culture can be followed through in the next generation and following years.

Jeez, even more than Dave I feel robbed that we don't get to give this champion a proper send-off in person.

An amazing contribution on and off-field. A true Tiger great.

Reactions: 6 users
A better man than he was a player - and he was a superstar on the field. A wonderful farewell speech.

Reactions: 11 users
I hope they can organise for a farewell loop around the MCG for Bachar and Dave next time we can have a full crowd at the MCG, maybe round 1 next year.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
Gee he was nervous. I love this bloke. So very humble and I get the feeling he was heartbroken during his speech.

Reactions: 2 users
Great footballer, great person.

Should have won at least one Norm Smith Medal, certainly deserved it, but what a career regardless. Not just his football he should be lauded for though, he did plenty for the community and gave a lot back. Rare these days in the social media age when a lot only want to roll their sleeves up to help others when the camera's rolling. Selfless as they come.

• Love
An amazing player and role model. I hope Dave and himself get a lap of honour in front of a packed MCG at some stage.

Reactions: 4 users
Bachar's goal in The 2017 Grand Final i could watch over and over again still gives me chills What a Journey Bachar a Star

Reactions: 5 users
Was a harsh critic of Bachar for his lack of contested ball game at times early in his career. But turned into a champion player and champion person. Saved his best for big games and when it counted most. Thanks for your efforts Bachar enjoy retirement and all its spoils after a long and successful career as a Tiger

Reactions: 1 users
Sad to see him go
Cornerstone of the club and it's inclusive policy
Solid human being and footballer who stands up when it matters
His grand finals were as good as anyones
I'll miss him

Who have we got in the team now that can continue to drive the standards?

Dave and Houli will be missed more so from a culture point of view. Struggling to think of the junior guys who can take this up in the current team. Perhaps Jack Graham. Not sure Stacky , Bolton have the characters to drive this.
Daniel Rioli. Liam Baker. Shorty. CJ if he stays. Why not Balta? Dow. Plenty of character.

Guys like Vlastuin, Prestia, Lynch, Nank, Broad become our seniors now.

Ripping bloke who was as important to the club off the field as on, and he was extremely important on it.

Always brings respect and humility with liberal doses of humour thrown in for good measure.

The RFC is poorer for his leaving and I hope that he remains involved in some meaningful way.

Reactions: 5 users
When you have blokes like Bachar, Cotch, Ivan and Dave at the club, top notch, value driven people, it's really no surprise we built a successful all-round club. Hope their legacy remains long after they have left.

Thanks for your amazing contribution Bachar. Being remembered as someone who performed best on the biggest stage is something you can be proud of.

Reactions: 4 users
The thing about Bachar is that because of his platform he has done more for relations with our Islamic Australians that just about anyone else.
He still has a massive role to play in that process and I am sure he will do so.
Thanks Bachar.
As someone else said his goal in the 2017 grand final was one I could watch over and over and again. Chills

Reactions: 6 users