Back to 20 min 1/4s, floating fixture :( | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Back to 20 min 1/4s, floating fixture :(

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Clearly a double bluff going on here.

Instead of keeping the shorter quarters they snuck in last year for no other reason than to screw Richmond, the AFL are obviously going to sneak through a change that is going to screw Richmond even more while we are all distracted by this.

Very cunning Gil, but we see right through it.
i am glad you are finally awake to the AFL's plan.

Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Pleased to see 20m quarters again but the fixture is a worry.

Why the "floating fixture"? Makes planning for those travelling to or from games interstate more difficult.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can sort of understand the floating fixture given uncertainties about COVID. But, we have to be hassling the AFL to make sure this is not a permanent thing.

Great to see normal length quarters back. I still think they should have returned for the finals, but not a biggie and may have been issues given the shorter quarters for the rest of the season.

Good to see TBR is finally noticing the conspiracy against us, was just reading the RFC History and Ian Wilson confirmed it - this goes back to the 70s at least!!

DS

Reactions: 1 user

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Clearly a double bluff going on here.

Instead of keeping the shorter quarters they snuck in last year for no other reason than to screw Richmond, the AFL are obviously going to sneak through a change that is going to screw Richmond even more while we are all distracted by this.

Very cunning Gil, but we see right through it.

They tried to screw us by shortening the quarters, but it didn't work, we were to good! What have you got next for us Dilligan?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pleased to see 20m quarters again but the fixture is a worry.

Why the "floating fixture"? Makes planning for those travelling to or from games interstate more difficult.
Makes screwing over others and assisting others easier too.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
"Game is too long" but we are going to have 50 seconds between goals anyway. Pack of liars at AFL House.

At least they haven't messed with playing time. Will buy a full membership and be in the stands, virus permitting.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cats to be the slider next year?

I can't see the Cats dropping that much, they are still a good side and Higgins and Cameron are good additions. The cliff may have to wait til the following year.

Be good if they did though.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I can't see the Cats dropping that much, they are still a good side and Higgins and Cameron are good additions. The cliff may have to wait til the following year.

Their home ground is what is keeping them relevant.

Longer quarters next year is in our favour, and not in theirs.

They are not winning Grand Finals if they are coming up against us, Cameron or no Cameron.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

It's a possibility though as they're going to remain a very old team. Nine 30yo's today plus Blicavs/Rohan/Duncan joining them early in the season.

Menegola/Guthrie/Dalhaus/Stewart/Cameron are regulars at 28/29 when the season starts. Almost their starting 18 at 28yo+.

Longer quarters/reduced rotations, who knows.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Their home ground is what is keeping them relevant.

Longer quarters next year is in our favour, and not in theirs.

They are not winning Grand Finals if they are coming up against us, Cameron or no Cameron.

Yeah that home ground advantage is a bit overstated, they have a good record at the G and elsewhere. They are a good side and I don't mind saying that even though I don't really like them at all.

Longer quarters, yes.

Grand finals? Yes. But I still see them as top eight next year and probably top four again.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Reduced game time was never going to wash long term with the broadcasters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
what is

1. The AFL's justification for a floating fixture? and

2. the real reason for a floating fixture?

I dont get it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah that home ground advantage is a bit overstated, they have a good record at the G and elsewhere. They are a good side and I don't mind saying that even though I don't really like them at all.

Longer quarters, yes.

Grand finals? Yes. But I still see them as top eight next year and probably top four again.
Oh they'll be top 8 for sure next season I agree Ant.

If they dont make top 4 they almost become less relevant in finals.

Top 4 will be tougher contract next year.

Tigers, Cats, Bears, Dogs Kochies and Eagles all in the mix.

I have the Sherbies, Saints, Deez, Blues and Maggots on the next level back as the teams looking at pinching spots from 6th to 8th.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
what is

1. The AFL's justification for a floating fixture? and

2. the real reason for a floating fixture?

I dont get it.
Floating fixtures allow for a completely controlled and contrived season.

And mainly for them to maximise viewership on Friday and Saturday Nights by manipulating game times and coverage so they dont have as many dud games as they usually do (by putrting the $%^$^$ Drugs seemingly on every Saturday Night) which allows them to see who are killing it and who are going like busteds.

As an aside it also allows them to screw over the RFC should they desire to.

Just another advertisement of who really runs footy and it aint the fans, its the corporates who stump up the cash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
I dont like the floating fixture from a personal perspective but do not understand the paranoia.
20 mins quarters is the win - Kane Lambert will be celebrating tonight.
Run tigers run....we do it better than anyone.