Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

If the Celtics lose this, 14 points down, then they are done. They’re not winning 2 in a row with one on the road.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Knicks are on the skids. Good.
I'm a little bit fond of the Knicks - old school bully boy ball. It won't win anything of course - but it gets me all nostalgic for the Ewing, Oakley and Starks era watching them. But really I'm hoping that Butler gets his chance at a Conference Final at least.

Woo hoo - Celts crapped the bed. Philly as good as Eastern Conference Champs.
Good win by your Sixers. Can’t see them not going through.

As I’ve said, the Celtics have been highly questionable. And beyond these playoffs. I’ve been questioning their hardness and their game style for some months. They give up large, late leads all the time, can’t close out. And as Kendrick Perkins correctly pointed out the other day, they keep going to a risky 3 point style of game in pressure situations instead of the hard core defensive one they used to success last year. 31.6% 3 point conversion from 45 attempts but that was inflated by the last few minutes. Until then it was a measly 25%. Brown was ignored again today.

They’re not done yet I guess. But it sure looks it.

Good win by your Sixers. Can’t see them not going through.

As I’ve said, the Celtics have been highly questionable. And beyond these playoffs. I’ve been questioning their hardness and their game style for some months. They give up large, late leads all the time, can’t close out. And as Kendrick Perkins correctly pointed out the other day, they keep going to a risky 3 point style of game in pressure situations instead of the hard core defensive one they used to success last year. 31.6% but that was inflated by the last few minutes. Until then it was a measly 25%.

They’re not done yet I guess. But it sure looks it.
They're heavily reliant on Tatum and Brown, which is fine- most teams are on their stars, but then they need Horford to hit 3s against Embiid to open the paint- that didnt happen today.

They're heavily reliant on Tatum and Brown, which is fine- most teams are on their stars, but then they need Horford to hit 3s against Embiid to open the paint- that didnt happen today.
Or, Horford to do a shut down number. He actually shot 5-7 for 3 pointers so not really his fault today I don’t reckon. If they were gonna overdo the 3 pointers again, maybe Mazzula should have gone to him more.

Brown and Tatum failed miserably on FG conversion.

Or, Horford to do a shut down number. He actually shot 5-7 for 3 pointers so not really his fault today I don’t reckon. If they were gonna overdo the 3 pointers again, maybe Mazzula should have gone to him more.

Brown and Tatum failed miserably on FG conversion.
Horford was 0-7 from the field, all 3pts attempts. Zero points for the game..
Tatum finished well but started horrendously while Brown started well but faded.

Horford cant shut down Embiid. No one can. He needs to be doubled, or tripled, then hope Maxey and co dont hit the 3s.

I don't get why the Celts moved on from their defence focused game plan. The offence can take care of itself with so much talent on board. Was it the change in coach?

Horford was 0-7 from the field, all 3pts attempts. Zero points for the game..
Tatum finished well but started horrendously while Brown started well but faded.

Horford cant shut down Embiid. No one can. He needs to be doubled, or tripled, then hope Maxey and co dont hit the 3s.
Yeah. Sorry. You’re right. When I hit the stats for the game on the *smile* ESPN app for Horford it produced game 3. Not game 5.

Tatum and Brown still *smile* for FG, regardless. Tatum 3-11 for 3 pointers.

I don't get why the Celts moved on from their defence focused game plan. The offence can take care of itself with so much talent on board. Was it the change in coach?
Who *** knows. I’ve been bitching to Pidley about it for months. I know it’s a bit of a 3 point league now but I dunno if the Celtics have the personnel to shoot them down sufficiently in the big games. From my numpty armchair expert position, unless you’ve got a Steph Curry in your team then surely a 3 point game plan is much more risky than than a hard core defence - one that’s got you to 6 games in the Finals - isn’t it ?

Embiid with 5 blocks to go with his dominant offense, showing again why he is the best player in the game right now.
It was a huge performance. Jokic with a Masterclass of his own at home. Here’s hoping they meet up.

Reactions: 2 users
Typical tough defensive high pressure play-off elimination game.

Tatum is somehting like 1-25 in the last 3 games from the field.........

Somebody get Tatum off the court. *** turnovers now as well.

Celtics have done incredibly well so far given how bad Tatum has been.