Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Re: Been to a good gig lately?

Otis said:
tha8ball said:
im still waiting for TISM to reappear....anyone know where the hell these guys have gone?? As they say 40yrs then death so im guessing............. probably dead!

I've been waiting too man, lol

I'm pretty sure I went to their last gig which was over 2 years ago... although they did perform at earthcore too which i obviously didn't go to.

Yeah their DJ Trevor concert was their last gig i can remember.......maybe they have finished......well they sure as hell wouldnt tell anyone if that was the case!!!! wankas!!

We don't get many gigs in our area (south east qld) but the woodford folk festival is always jam packed full of great artists. Some who have performed there - Cat Empire, Missy Higgins, Coldplay, and Pete Murray and that's just in the past two years (they're all i can remember). The folky roxorz11

I went to the Led Zep tribute show at the Basement last night. NYT you would have LOVED it!! Some of Sydney's best session muso's and a line up of about 8 different singers (including 2 awesome rock chicks) who came out individually and did a couple of numbers each. Pete Northcote on guitar is just a gun. He absolutely bought the house down, as did Pete Drummond on kit who did a mindblowing 10 min solo at the end of Whole Lotta Love, just awesome. Black Dog, Dazed & Confused, Immigrant Song, Kashmir and Stairway were outstanding. The band were so tight and being such an intimate venue it mad it all the more special. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief, it was just mindblowing!!

Went and saw Beasts of Bourbon last night. Brilliant show. the Best, why this band never broke worldwide has always bewildered me. If you like rock, see this band on this tour, I don't think Spencer Jones will last much longer.

also take some extra dough because the T-shirts are very cool. Got a bit drunk and forgot to buy one, pissed off now, go and see 'em people.

went to the palace on friday night TOTO very *smile* awesome.... :clap

tigers80 said:
went to the palace on friday night TOTO very *smile* awesome.... :clap

Nice one.

I saw them when they started the tour over here. They are brilliant aren't they, all great players, and thankfully they aren't as self indulgent live as they once were.

This wasn’t so much a live gig as it was a VHS recording of a live concert that Toto put on in the mid 80’s… but gee it was good.

I would recommend anyone getting it out.

“I bless the rains down in Africaaaaa….. Gonna take some time to do the things we never haaaad…ooooh wooooh.”

Redford said:
This wasn’t so much a live gig as it was a VHS recording of a live concert that Toto put on in the mid 80’s… but gee it was good.

I would recommend anyone getting it out.

“I bless the rains down in Africaaaaa….. Gonna take some time to do the things we never haaaad…ooooh wooooh.”
Love the background vocals just after the bridge :clap

Redford said:
"Rosaaana...Roooooosana..."

Toto. Breath it. Live it.
Scarry thing is I can see you singin this on top of the Superbox,Pre game at the Burgers next home game :hihi

Redford said:

"Didnt know that a girl like you could make me feel so sad, Rosaannaaaa..."

That's my all time fave TOTO song! What a legendary drummer was Jeff Porcaro. RIP.

CC TIGER said:
Redford said:

Scarry thing is I can see you singin this on top of the Superbox,Pre game at the Burgers next home game :hihi

:hihi :hihi I'd pay to see that. ;D

New York Tiger said:
Welcome back Crystal - Did you run away with Claw? You both vanished and returned at roughly the same time... ;D

;D Run away with? No. Run over? Sure! Just hand me the keys. ;) :hihi

Unfortunately,4 months in living here.....fantastic place Lang Lang...fantastic house we got out in the rural area.
Anywhere within 200 kms radius is DEVOID of entertainment.Did see a woman singing with backing tracks on Mother,s day.I havent picked up my guitar for 3 months......have looked and looked for potential gigs....zilch....none........Now Ive got a job-search agency dickin me aound......like.....I go to an appointment.......56 kms I travel and they tell me when I get there there,s no appointment...and had a job search trainer tell me that Im not tryin hard enuff...and that I could be in a job if I wanted it............
So,that wayward cessna I was refferring to in a post on Dyer-tribe has been diverted to do a pre-dawn bombing raid on the sorry-assed town....Ill spare the race-track for the horse-lovers though....... :-X

tigersnake said:
Went and saw Beasts of Bourbon last night.  Brilliant show.  the Best,  why this band never broke worldwide has always bewildered me.  If you like rock, see this band on this tour, I don't think Spencer Jones will last much longer.

also take some extra dough because the T-shirts are very cool.  Got a bit drunk and forgot to buy one, pissed off now, go and see 'em people.

going Friday night at the Prince.

New York Tiger said:
Just noticed walking through Times Square last night -  there is  a double bill - Toto AND The Doobie Brothers. Wow. What a lineup

The Doobies are back together? They've had more farewells than I've had hot dinners!! Do you know which "version" it is?

Its ridiculous that there's 8 of them in that *smile* band, yet none of them are brothers and none of them have the surname "Doobie."

Who cares. Starship are a much better band anyway.