Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
a lot of people seemed to have gone to GNR on the gold coast. Me included.

Anyway, I am going to Synthony on Friday at the Myer Music bowl. Its basically symphony orchestra playing classic trance tracks. I went last year and it was sensational. Can’t wait for Friday. Tix still available.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nice one.

Leysy went to Icehouse at Sidney Myer Sat night. Exceptional night - great band (top 5 all time in Leysy favs) and perfect weather.

The cut through of Iva's voice is as good as ever and the sound/visuals A1.

Eskimo Joe, Frente and MotorAce warmed up, but Icehouse clearly stole the show.

If Man of Colours live doesn't put a tingle up your spine you ain't human.
Icehouse are okay. But the stain on their reputation is Electric Blue.

Worst. Song. Ever.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Icehouse are okay. But the stain on their reputation is Electric Blue.

Worst. Song. Ever.

"I just freeze
Every time you see through me
And it's all over you
Electric blue
On my knees (on my knees)
Help me, baby (help me)
Tell me, what can I do?

Electric blue"

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Nice one.

Leysy went to Icehouse at Sidney Myer Sat night. Exceptional night - great band (top 5 all time in Leysy favs) and perfect weather.

The cut through of Iva's voice is as good as ever and the sound/visuals A1.

Eskimo Joe, Frente and MotorAce warmed up, but Icehouse clearly stole the show.

If Man of Colours live doesn't put a tingle up your spine you ain't human.
Agree. Flowers/Icehouse my fave band since adolescent age.

Iva's still got it with that grey hair. Man of Colours song is a bit emotional coz he wrote it about his dad.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm a bit of an Icehouse fan too but their debut album is substantially better than the Man of Colours era IMO.
Agree. Most songs were rock, but same with INXS who started off with a bit of the new wave sound.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Icehouse were better when they were called Flowers.
Saw Flowers at Countdown when I was a lad at the old ABC studios in Balaclava. While I was there, had a chat with the late Drew Morphett who seemed like a good bloke.

Reactions: 3 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Saw Flowers at Countdown when I was a lad at the old ABC studios in Balaclava. While I was there, had a chat with the late Drew Morphett who seemed like a good bloke.
Remember seeing Flowers, Numbers and INXS at the Ballroom in 1979 or 1980. A big trip down from Sydney for them all.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So when they released their debut then. Walls and Icehouse are probably two of their best live songs and they always play them early in the set.
For the Icehouse song, I didn't know you'd be a fan of that new wave tune jimbob.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
So when they released their debut then. Walls and Icehouse are probably two of their best live songs and they always play them early in the set.

Yeah they have played Icehouse first last couple of times Leysy has seen them.