Beer and Wine Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beer and Wine Thread

E

easy_tiger

CC TIGER said:
Each to his own but think I’d rather drink battery acid with a twist of lime over any craft beer.

Im with you CC. most of that *smile* tastes like Chanel No.9

I drank VB when I lived in Victoria, XXXX when I lived in Qld, Emu when I was in the West, and now I drink Toohey New in summer and Old in the winter.

Oh, and I drink Richmond Draught when im in Tigerland.

E

easy_tiger

Tigers of Old said:
To be fair I'd drink just about any cold beer after a hard arvo's work in the sun.

I'd have a glass of warm tap water before Id drink a Coopers Red.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
To be fair I'd drink just about any cold beer after a hard arvo's work in the sun.

Its a low bar for sure, I'd baulk at West End, then I'd drink it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
easy said:
Im with you CC. most of that sh!t tastes like Chanel No.9

I drank VB when I lived in Victoria, XXXX when I lived in Qld, Emu when I was in the West, and now I drink Toohey New in summer and Old in the winter.

Oh, and I drink Richmond Draught when im in Tigerland.
The bride loves a good deal on her slab of beer , so not long back she wa on the XXXX as it was about $30, actually the hipster loving Melbourne bitter mate has the od can of XXXX at the local.

As the bride says “VB means very bad “ I mainly stick to Carlton draught out of the tap except when it’s deep into the pre season then it’s Carlton dry

E

easy_tiger

CC TIGER said:
The bride loves a good deal on her slab of beer , so not long back she wa on the XXXX as it was about $30, actually the hipster loving Melbourne bitter mate has the od can of XXXX at the local.

As the bride says “VB means very bad “ I mainly stick to Carlton draught out of the tap except when it’s deep into the pre season then it’s Carlton dry

XXXX make a great stout called Carbine Stout, which is harder to get than an 'Is It Ivan Maric Standard?' patch

another beer rule I have, which I know is controversial, is dont drink anything sucked out of the arse end of the Murray River

I reckon Coopers taste like dead sheep and cotton herbicides.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
easy said:
XXXX make a great stout called Carbine Stout, which is harder to get than an 'Is It Ivan Maric Standard?' patch

another beer rule I have, which I know is controversial, is dont drink anything sucked out of the arse end of the Murray River

I reckon Coopers taste like dead sheep and cotton herbicides.
:hihi , I did see the new ‘ is it up to Ivan Maric standard ? Line

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
I reckon I will be the ultimate outlier/ pariah on this thread:

Don't drink it all the time, but I like XXXX :peep and crownies.

In my defence it is made for stinking hot weather. I challenge anyone to drink an icy cold can of XXXX on a 34 degree day after mowing the lawn and brush-cutting and not enjoy it.

Snakey XXXX Gold is actually pretty good on tap especially up in QLD, it certainly suits the conditions up their and goes down really easy.

I drink it when Im in Kwee Lan, it seems to work there, and definately goes better in hot weather.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigersnake said:
In my defence it is made for stinking hot weather. I challenge anyone to drink an icy cold can of XXXX on a 34 degree day after mowing the lawn and brush-cutting and not enjoy it.

The Castlemaine's my dad's fave.

Tigers of Old said:
VB is a lot sweeter.

Must be my tongue.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
easy said:

They stopped making it about 7 or 8 Years ago. Kept getting harder. And harder to find, got down to 3 or 4 pubs in whole of Brisbane, then stopped. Best stout ever

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Alright - Any wine drinkers out there? Love a red!

Dudford and Burnside...Looking at you for advice here!!

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, another wine convert here.

I have grown fond of a good Pinot. There are heaps of good one's around between the $15-20 range. Plenty of great Yarra Valley/Tassie/Mornington Peninsula drops.

I often get them in 6's or 12's from BWS and with the Rewards cards discount on top of already generous discounts you can get 6 very good bottles for around $100.

Some labels I like:

Yering Station
Devils Corner
Sticks
Stonier

A couple of more expensive labels are Paringa Estate & Point Leo Estate that offer a great selection of wines.

There is a Tassie winery I get stuff from also that I love called Bay of Fires.

You almost can't go wrong with a Tassie Pinot or Champagne.

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Dudford and Burnside...Looking at you for advice here!!​

Does red come in a cans now?

I have grown fond of a good Pinot. There are heaps of good one's around between the $15-20 range. Plenty of great Yarra Valley/Tassie/Mornington Peninsula drops.

I often get them in 6's or 12's from BWS and with the Rewards cards discount on top of already generous discounts you can get 6 very good bottles for around $100.

Some labels I like:

Yering Station
Devils Corner
Sticks
Stonier

A couple of more expensive labels are Paringa Estate & Point Leo Estate that offer a great selection of wines.

Yes Yering Station Pinot 2021 is great. Must say lot cheaper at the bottle shop than the Yering Station restaurant...lucky I wasnt paying.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Does red come in a cans now?
Haarrgh, yep it did once a long time ago.
Dug my can of 1998 Iron Bridge cab shiraz out of the cupboard just because you asked the question. Scrounged the can off a boss many years ago as a souvenir, never cracked it as I cant drink more than a mouthful of wine without it tasting like vinegar. 330 ml can with an alcohol whack of 13% by volume, no idea of taste but I'd guess that a handful of cans would have ya fair wobbling.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Yeah I’ll give you some advice Nobets:

Stop trying to be a bourgeoise knob by drinking red wine and stick to being the doofus beer drinking knob that you are. Red wine ? Pffft. It’s craaaaaap ! Beer is where it’s at.

Wake up to yourself Nobets.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Some labels I like:

Yering Station
Devils Corner
Sticks
Stonier

Nice one Maxi Jazz. All good wineries.

Find Pinot's a bit light these days - But yeah Tas do some rippers.

More Shiraz/Cab Sauv now.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah I’ll give you some advice Nobets:

Stop trying to be a bourgeoise knob by drinking red wine and stick to being the doofus beer drinking knob that you are. Red wine ? Pffft. It’s craaaaaap ! Beer is where it’s at.

Wake up to yourself Nobets.

This thread isn't for Southern Tasmanian boguns with a pallet that can only taste your Cascade cat's *smile*.

Please leave commentary on this thread to the gentlemen of the site.

Appreciated in advance.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This thread isn't for Southern Tasmanian boguns with a pallet that can only taste your Cascade cat's *smile*.

Please leave commentary on this thread to the gentlemen of the site.

Appreciated in advance.
You can’t even spell bogan correctly so no point you trying to pretend you’re part of the wine luminary Nobets ! Can’t wait to see you in your 1990’s Richmond Lotto tracksuit top, sitting in the corner of a packed London, chips and gravy all over your face, sipping politely on a glass of shiraz.

Geez. Keep it real Nobets. Fair dinkum.

Last edited:
  • Haha