Beer and Wine Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beer and Wine Thread

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Seppelts Fler de Lys champagne/sparkling
Made in the French style, bottle fermented.
Mix of the traditional varieties, Chardonnay, Pinot noir, Pinot mernier.

Quite golden in colour and a fair bit of flavor.

Even better drink when it's around $10 a bottle

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks Michael. I need to buy some sparkling and don't know anything about it. Will look out for it.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Good to see Dan is stocking beer from Bridgeport brewery (Portland). Their imperial india pale ale is amazing, probably the biggest hop kick you will get out of a bottle in Australia.

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne
mld said:
Good to see Dan is stocking beer from Bridgeport brewery (Portland). Their imperial india pale ale is amazing, probably the biggest hop kick you will get out of a bottle in Australia.

How much though mld? The cost of these good beers is crippling.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
if you love coffee and you love beer, theres a good chance youlle love cascade stout. Its like a beer iced coffee. Bitter and dark and complex. $11 a 4-pack. Im enjoying a medicinal 2/day.

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne
tigergollywog said:
if you love coffee and you love beer, theres a good chance youlle love cascade stout. Its like a beer iced coffee. Bitter and dark and complex. $11 a 4-pack. Im enjoying a medicinal 2/day.

Yes! Very much so - mainly in the winter months. :)

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
mld said:

Thanks mld. Didn't even know Bridgeport had a brewery (just a great beach and lots of wind turbines!). Will grab a six pack tomorrow if I get the chance.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's been a hot, hard, stressful, physically exhausting day. A hard earned thirst needs a good, cold cider. Ahhh!

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Usually Gin & Tonics for this time of year.

But, the odd bottle of Moscato or Pear Cider in the afternoons go down nicely.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Not a fan of Crown nor ales, but decided to try Crown Golden Ale tonight.....not bad, but not crisp enough for me. A bit flat.