Beer and Wine Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beer and Wine Thread

Beer is not cheap in Australia. Not a huge amount of money is made off it.

Current favs

Cheeky rascal strawberry and apple cider. Not cheap but 8% so pretty strong.
James squires 150 lashes. Awesome beer.
White rabbit white ale, great local beer.
Canadian club and cola, so smooth, can drink them all night

All time favs
Jack daniels and coke
Pepper jack cab sauv
Matua Valley sauv blanc
Brown brothers dolcetto and syrah
Fat yak pale ale

Got a four pack of Murray's Angry Man Pale Ale on the weekend. Nice little beer in the american pale ale style. Nicely hopped with a good balance.

Got some Fat Yak in on recommendation a while ago and though it was decidedly average. At the price there's plenty of far superior beers IMO.

Disco08 said:
Got some Fat Yak in on recommendation a while ago and though it was decidedly average. At the price there's plenty of far superior beers IMO.

Good post Patsy. Fat Yak would have to be the most over hyped beer of all time - it is bloody avrage and is popping up on tap all over the place.

Had a few Corona Extras for the first time on the weekend believe it or not complete with a wedge of lime in the bottle.

Loved it. Very refreshing on a hot day and now up there on my summer beer list.

Off the boutique beers.
Back on the Carlton Draught.

Can drink more and easier than the boutique stuff.

Not one hangover on the CUB product.

Complete opposite for me smasha. Guaranteed headache from any more than a couple of Carltons. Plenty of similarly priced beers taste better and don't have that effect IMO.

Yeah same with me Patsy. I really like Carlton Draught but it's one of the few beers that gives me headaches. I'm convinced it's a chemical thing.

evo said:
Yeah same with me Patsy. I really like Carlton Draught but it's one of the few beers that gives me headaches. I'm convinced it's a chemical thing.

Or it might be the amount of chemicals you ingest evo. ;D

Nearly all CUB beers do that for leysy as well.

Of the standard brews Boags Draught FTW.

Mind, leysy's been necking that stuff since playgroup.

Leysy Days said:
Nearly all CUB beers do that for leysy as well.

Mind, leysy's been necking that stuff since playgroup.

Yeah any of the mass produced commercial beers do the same thing to me.

Surprised there isn't much love for Boags Strong Arm on here. Now that's a chunky beer. 8-

So many pale ales out there now.

Williams aint too bad in moderation.

We should give some kudos to a Richmond brewery ,Mountain Goat.

Steam Ale is a nice drop.

The best beers I had were the Grand Ridge gift pack my gf gave me as a xmas presy a while back.

I know each one is probably not top of the pops but all consistently good.

I liked their Natural Blonde and Hatlifter Stout.
Was out that way ,last week.

Wilson's Prom-perfect spot to drink beer.
;D
Lovely place in Vic.

Leysy Days said:

Evo, reckons the Draught is one of the better generic beers going, but at the risk of setting a whole foreign nation against me, the Premium is an absolute dud. Way overrated.

evo said:
Evo, reckons the Draught is one of the better generic beers going, but at the risk of setting a whole foreign nation against me, the Premium is an absolute dud. Way overrated.

Where are most Tiger Taswegians located?
Boags Town or Cascade City?

smasha said:
Where are most Tiger Taswegians located?
Boags Town or Cascade City?

Not sure, dude. Foreign countries are not my strong suit. Leysy will probably know.

evo said:
Evo, reckons the Draught is one of the better generic beers going,

Agree

evo said:
the Premium is an absolute dud. Way overrated.

Disagree. ;D

Though to be fair even if they were the same price leysy would plump for the Draught on most occasions.