Beer and Wine Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beer and Wine Thread

Tiger Ghost said:
Bought myself a couple of Gippsland Gold stubbies to try tonight.

My first try of a Grand Ridge Brewery Ale
http://www.grand-ridge.com.au/

I commented on them before.

All great beers.

Enjoy! ;D

Just got some new stock and amongst it was Dirty Granny cider. Just tried one and bloody nice - not too sweet.

smasha said:
Where are most Tiger Taswegians located?
Boags Town or Cascade City?

Boags Town Brother.

Only good thing to come out of the south is the road north.

Both good IMO. With you on Boags Draught Leysy but nothing wrong with Cascade Premium either.

Tigerdog said:
Still no Boags Strong Arm fans?

Haven't tried it.

Coopers red and green go alright.

LOL every country town in Victoria and Australia probably, even the small ones like Fish Creek have a pub.

I love Australia! ;D

I've heard in Ireland,they have 10 in one street. :hihi

Love walking Melbourne town exploring new beer bars.

They're hidden all over the place.

The famous one is Crofts where you walk through the stench of garbage and graffiti walled lanes to get to the door.

Love it!

Apparently Australia's best cocktail bar is in Richmond town.

Der Raum.
Love to try a cocktail.

A bit expensive.
I think it was rated 11th in the world.

Anyone been there?

Tigerdog said:
Still no Boags Strong Arm fans?

Yeah leysy doesnt mind Dog. Certainly not for the faint hearted. A good Friday knock-off beer ILO.

Hasnt really hit any level of popularity though, even back home which is strange for a Boags drop.

Panthera tigris FC said:
My misspent youth in pubs has given me a nostalgic soft spot for Carlton Draught though.

Ah, the smell of cheap lager and cigarette smoke...

Tiger Ghost said:
Bought myself a couple of Gippsland Gold stubbies to try tonight.

My first try of a Grand Ridge Brewery Ale
http://www.grand-ridge.com.au/
Took your lead TG last weekend. Had my first two out of the stubby last sat night and thought they were average. On Sunday grabbed the stemmed beer glass that I drink little creatures pa out of and what a difference it made. Finished the 4 off and was looking for more! Had a few last night and am trying the golden ale atm.

One of my all time favourite beers which I got into in NZ is Macs. They make a few, Red, Gold ale, Hop Rocker Pilsner, which I'm drinking as I type. All great, can get em here now if you look. Bit too good though, I try and stay in shape but when I've got Macs I generally exceed my allocation.

I like all Tasmanian beers, even the worst ones are good. Try Macs if you get a chance, Its tremendous.

The Great Northern in Carlton North has hand-pumped Holgate ESB, lovely. The rest of the beer list is impressive as well.

Any cider recommendations? I've tried the ones with other fruits and quite like them but they're a bit sweet for me. I used to get Scrumpy in flagons when I lived in Tassie. My favourite cider ever. I'd love to find one like that again. A friend told me they made delicious cider from cheap Aldi apple juice. I might get a brewing kit and give that a go.

rosy23 said:
Any cider recommendations? I've tried the ones with other fruits and quite like them but they're a bit sweet for me. I used to get Scrumpy in flagons when I lived in Tassie. My favourite cider ever. I'd love to find one like that again. A friend told me they made delicious cider from cheap Aldi apple juice. I might get a brewing kit and give that a go.

Dirty granny- amazing apple cider made by Matilda bay
Pipsqeak- not my fav, but a nice one, made by little creachers
Cheeky rascal- comes in an apple, stawberry and apple and raspberry and apple and they are all very nice without being as sweet as your rekordelig and koppaberg flavored ciders. ( they are also stronger)
Monithies crushed apple- really nice cider that tastes abit more like a cloudy apple juice.

I drink alot of cider :)

rosy23 said:

Over this weekend dropped into the Bullant Brewery in Bruthen. Did some tasting.

http://www.bullantbrewery.com/bites.php#

The Kelly Bros Pear Cider was amazing. Actually all the beers were pretty good.

duki said:
Dirty granny- amazing apple cider made by Matilda bay
Pipsqeak- not my fav, but a nice one, made by little creachers
Cheeky rascal- comes in an apple, stawberry and apple and raspberry and apple and they are all very nice without being as sweet as your rekordelig and koppaberg flavored ciders. ( they are also stronger)
Monithies crushed apple- really nice cider that tastes abit more like a cloudy apple juice.

Dirty Granny is my favourite at the moment. Monteiths is a good one too. Haven't tried the Pipsqueak or Cheeky Rascal - yet...

I also recommend Bulmers, and Magners Irish Cider, and Mercury is alright.

I hear Mountain Goat are bringing out a cider soon - can't wait

duki said:

Thanks Duki. Cider is my favourite drink. The above one sounds like the Scrumpy I used to get in Tassie. Is it commonly available?

larabee said:
I hear Mountain Goat are bringing out a cider soon - can't wait

There are a few nice sounding ones coming out soon including a James Squires and a five seeds sour apple.

rosy23 said:
Thanks Duki. Cider is my favourite drink. The above one sounds like the Scrumpy I used to get in Tassie. Is it commonly available?

Should be rosy, can still buy scrumpy from Dan Murphys and first choice