Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
On grand final day Lennon ran to get his head on TV - 4 Years and i cant remember 1 moment where i thought he would make it

Not 1 moment

He ran up and down the ground, turk-d. You were right. He's not much good.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
He gave the club nothing , sh!t bloke and just milked the club for $$$ when sos got in his ear
Then you must think Dusty milked the club when North got into his ear?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
NFL is probably suited far more to the kick it high and floaty Lennon than AFL. He seems to think his kicking is elite, it might end up being in NFL but high and floaty is definitely not elite in AFL. Good luck in the NFL.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
mrposhman said:
NFL is probably suited far more to the kick it high and floaty Lennon than AFL. He seems to think his kicking is elite, it might end up being in NFL but high and floaty is definitely not elite in AFL. Good luck in the NFL.

Lennon had a fair few deficiencies as an AFL player but his disposal by foot wasn't one of them.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
mrposhman said:

NFL kickers are rated on air time. The longer it hangs, the better.
I know Darren Bennett very well and watched him through his early development. I'm 100% convinced Griffiths will make it, on technique alone.
I haven't seen one single sign from Ben to suggest he has the ability, kicking wise. Didn't even have the penetration from 50m out in the VFL Grand Final. The other two mentioned would have put the ball post high, even if accuracy was the issue.
BTW Michael Roach would have killed it over there

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Blind Turn said:
I know Darren Bennett very well and watched him through his early development. I'm 100% convinced Griffiths will make it, on technique alone.
I haven't seen one single sign from Ben to suggest he has the ability, kicking wise. Didn't even have the penetration from 50m out in the VFL Grand Final.
He kicked it from inside the square and it went 2 metres over the line. Kick probably went 55-60 metres.
https://youtu.be/d9Cki9ehfV0

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
tigertim said:
He kicked it from inside the square and it went 2 metres over the line. Kick probably went 55-60 metres.
https://youtu.be/d9Cki9ehfV0

The man on the mark was standing on the 50m line. Lennon kicked it from about 55m and it lost penetration from the top of the goal square and faded right and just snuck in.
Bennett and Griffiths would have put it in the grand stand at post height. That is why they have made it/will make it as an NFL punter.
Lennon won't

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Blind Turn said:
I haven't seen one single sign from Ben to suggest he has the ability, kicking wise. Didn't even have the penetration from 50m out in the VFL Grand Final. The other two mentioned would have put the ball post high, even if accuracy was the issue.
BTW Michael Roach would have killed it over there
Yep, yep and yep. What about Jimmy Jess?

Griffo will get a call up from an NFL team in 2019 I reckon. Good luck to Lemon, but I can't picture him as a punter, especially for NFL.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
TigerForce said:
Yep, yep and yep. What about Jimmy Jess?

Griffo will get a call up from an NFL team in 2019 I reckon. Good luck to Lemon, but I can't picture him as a punter, especially for NFL.
What both Griffiths and Lennon are doing is spending this year training. They don't start their scholarships until 2019. Griffo may very well get a call up from an NFL outfit, but it won't be until after he's completed at least a year at USC. The college system over there is massive.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Tigertool said:
Lennon had a fair few deficiencies as an AFL player but his disposal by foot wasn't one of them.

I beg to differ. His kicks tended to be pretty high and floaty, nothing like those long darty kicks we get from Sir Dustin.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Max Duffy from Freo just received a scholarship to join the Kentucky Wildcats in NCAA Football. Siposs got his scholarship too. How's Lemon going? Is he trying hard or still dreamin' ?
Siposs signed as a free agent to Detroit Lions. No love for Benny L though....

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Siposs signed as a free agent to Detroit Lions. No love for Benny L though....

Early days for Ben over there
He’s younger (than Siposs) and would still have probably 3 years left at his College assuming that his scholarship lasts till the completion of his course