Ben Rutten | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Rutten

One man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure.

We have form in doing this. First Leppitsch after getting the sack at Brisbane, then Teague at Carlton and now Rutten.

I like it.
So we now call him Rubbish Truck?

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
One man’s rubbish is another man’s treasure.

We have form in doing this. First Leppitsch after getting the sack at Brisbane, then Teague at Carlton and now Rutten.

I like it.

These guys were cherry picked cos they were involved in premierships.

They don’t lose their coaching abilities overnight.

They weren’t supported properly or given enough time.

Reactions: 5 users
So we now call him Rubbish Truck?
Stop talking garbage

Must admit I thought he might be reluctant to come back - perhaps because it might be perceived too much of a come down - dunno
But it would be a credit to our club and the whole working environment if he felt comfortable in returning
Win - Win if it happens - with Essendon the big time losers again!

Reactions: 3 users
Rance loved Truck

Good enough for me.

Back seven needs some stiffening like I’ve had over the last month or so

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Stop talking garbage

Must admit I thought he might be reluctant to come back - perhaps because it might be perceived too much of a come down - dunno
But it would be a credit to our club and the whole working environment if he felt comfortable in returning
If he sees himself as a career coach then it’s either stay in the AFL system as an assistant or go coach in the SAFL, WAFL, etc.

The second option would kill any hopes of getting another crack as a senior AFL coach imo

Stop talking garbage

It'd be a seamless comfortable return the players showed last week. how well received he was at the RFC after the game, and Dimma was on the phone before the game earlier in the week. Rutten no doubt been sounded out in regard to seeing if he would be interested in gaetting his old job back at RFC with Kingsley going it will be seamless and will save the Tigers looking for others.

Lambo can start his development role too.

He will return and be embraced as if he never left.

Rutten and Teague both Leppa'd and will both be reborn at the RFC, as Leppa was.

Rance loved Truck

Good enough for me.

Back seven needs some stiffening like I’ve had over the last month or so

Yeah he had that back line like poetry in motion even when Rance left good to get him back especially with Balta , Gibcus etc.

Truck would be a good replacement for Kingsley, be good if he brought D'Ambrosio back to where he belongs too.

Reactions: 1 users
Whilst he probably feels like a bit of a failure, much like Leppa and Teague would have, the fact is he would have learnt so much, probably more than he realised. Given the opportunity to start working with a group again under less pressure he would discover that knowledge base is huge.
Get it done Tiges

Reactions: 6 users
Considering the state and age of the bummers list, I thought they had a couple of cracking games, particularly against swan and saints. Also beat Lions and a 4 point loss to pies.
I dont rate much of their list (yet) but curiously a couple that I think are ok are backmen. Ridley and Redman. Coincidence with Rutten as coach? In the swans and saints games I thought their pluck and defensive set up gave them the chance to win. I don’t buy that he didn’t have the players on side. They‘re just not up to it yet without lots more hard work.

Bummers were nuts to get rid of him. I reckon he was on the right track looking at that patch. They fell away once the scuttlebutt predictably set in. Rabble.

Reactions: 5 users