Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny Gale

plough_a_spud

Tiger Rookie
Apr 22, 2004
just watched the foxtel program with benny gale, if we dont get benny back at the club in a senior role in the next few years we will miss out on a very smart operator

Reactions: 1 user

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Benny is currently working for the AFL.

cant see Benny coming to work for the Tigers for a few years at least. It would be great to have Benny at the club.

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
Gale seemed to me to be intimating he was a potential part of Schwab's ticket. Is this true?

BrettC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 27, 2004
I just saw earlier today that foxtel program as well. After seeing it, I think it would be great to have Benny at the club in any kind of role. Just listening to him, you realise how smart he is, hes a very switched on thats for sure.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Brett,I agree I would love to see Benny more active at RFC but it is unlikely particularly if Casey continues.Hopefully with the new coach aboard he might want to become more involved next year.

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
Just loved this bloke, and his brother. Two guys who just served our club really well. No secret he's a smart boy, probably showing his intelligence by steering clear of the mess that has eventuated under Casey. I know who I'd rather have at the club.

Reactions: 1 user

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
frahlee said:
Just loved this bloke, and his brother.  Two guys who just served our club really well.  No secret he's a smart boy, probably showing his intelligence by steering clear of the mess that has eventuated under Casey.  I know who I'd rather have at the club.

I loved Benny,but Michael 'Butch' Gale had more turnovers than Chaffey and Fiora combined!!

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Struggle, also seem to remember Butch kicking it the wrong way on a few occassions too. ;D I thought Butch was fantastic, super courageous and hard. A big part of our success in 1995 as well as twice as tough and more talented than Fiona or Chappy. I could live with the turnovers - bring him back!

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
I have to agree that he was a bloke who served our club really well. Those matches in which he really stood tall in the backline stick in my mind, he should have played on for another year in my eyes. He is a smart bloke who will eventually make a return to the Tigers, no doubt about it. :D

Hammerfire

The Devils Advocate of PRE!!
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe he should be considered for a spot on the board???

Just because he was a coward as a football player, doesn't mean he still can't be a valuable asset to the RFC.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Coward! :mad:

Brendon Gale gave more to this club than most and may have the opportunity to do so again.

Someone please get Hammerfire a video of Benny standing a kick behind the play and taking a mark by keeping his eyes on the footy the whole time come what may.

Coward indeed!

Ready

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Come on Hammer...he was no coward. Benny retired a year too soon (thanks Frawley) and took a huge piece of Richmond on field heart with him.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hammerfire said:
Just because he was a coward as a football player, doesn't mean he still can't be a valuable asset to the RFC.

C'Mon fess up.  Which team do you really barrack for cos you can't have watched Richmond too closely.

You could do a highlights video of Benny's brave, heroic deeds.

He was far from a coward. :mad:

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
what is it with guys like you hammerfire, is it that you never got enough love when you were young?

i just cant for the life of me work out why your so negative all the time. Past players who have served and gave their all during their time at the club deserve better than to be called cowards  :mad:

IMO the Gales were great on and off the field, BIGGUPS!!!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Benny was one of the gutsiest blokes to play for Richmond in those dark days of the early 90's. It wasn't until Jeans arrived that he learned how to use his strength. I'd like to see Benny at the club in some capacity and I think we will in the future. At the moment he wants to prove himself as a lawyer and I think he will be more useful at the club once he has done that.