Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny Gale

Hammerfire said:
Maybe he should be considered for a spot on the board???

Just because he was a coward as a football player, doesn't mean he still can't be a valuable asset to the RFC.

Can you please attempt to articulate this *smile* Splatterflyer??

Coward?? WTF!!!!

Benny Gales best asset was his ability to stand at CHB a kick behind play and be guaranteed to not flintch when he cut off supply to the opposition forward bearing down on him.
He took some huge hits backing into packs,and did so right up until the end of his career.
He actually won us games through his courageous efforts at times.Watch a video of Richmond Vs Collingwood in 1997 when he saved the game taking mark after mark in the D50 under floating balls under pressure,hung on by a few points due to Bennys undisputed fortitude!

Ready - don't you dare speak to Hammerfire like that - don't you ruddy dare.
I have a good mind to report you to AR (Aunty Rosey)! A tiger cub taking such a tone with Hammerfire, you should be ruddy ashamed of yourself!!! Ruddy ashamed!!!!!!!!!

Ready - don't you dare speak to Hammerfire like that - don't you ruddy dare.
I have a good mind to report you to AR (Aunty Rosey)! A tiger cub taking such a tone with Hammerfire, you should be ruddy ashamed of yourself!!! Ruddy ashamed!!!!!!!!!

Tiger Cubs still get the red mist descending... Don't bag Benny! :mad:

Anyway, I flew the flag and everyone backed my up so I'm happy again.

Cheers everyone :D

Ready

Benny's treatment is another reminder of the mistakes by Danny and Clinton. :mad: :mad:

Benny was forced to retire because Gaspar and Holland had been paid a kings ransom to stay with the Tigers.

tigerman said:
Benny was forced to retire because Gaspar and Holland had been paid a kings ransom to stay with the Tigers.

Won't be the first or last time that sort of thing happens - no matter the administration. That's the realist talking! However I too reckon he had another good year in him - but only he knows that.

As for Hammerfires absurd comment, suggest he gets his knicks on next year for the Mototigers v the Legends and repeat that absurd comment to Benny's face, then watch out for the rest of the game! Like others here, I know by watching countless games where Benny put his body on the line, especially between CHB and FB. He rucked when we had no other, he held down CHF when we had no other. He wasn't the most gifted footballer going (you ask him - he says it himself), but he had courage and smarts.

hammerfire you  are realy lowering you credibility with statements like that . anyone who watched richmond games when benny was playing could never have formed that opinion.
could your opinion of him been formed when he expressed his support for the alternative ticket .?????????????

Butch Gale was not a good footballer - courage notwithstanding, he was an absolute dud.
Any thoughts?

Michael "Butch" Gale should have focussed more on not kicking the ball out on the full, and less on choosing which shade of pink his hair-tie should be.

I'm not sure of his exact 'out of bounds on the full' stats for his career- perhaps one of you guys could find out for me? Ready- might be a good way for you to earn back some points around here? By coming up with the stats! Ready? Ready??

Pink!! Honestly!!

Ready will be ruddy lucky to be in here if s/he continues his/her 'bull at a gate' rantings. Heavens above I have never seen such disrespect. I have a ruddy good mind in banning him/her for a week/s.
I can't believe AR (Aunty Rosey) has let this go on, it takes me back to the days of DMX and Briderick of course Ready wouldn't know because s/he is just a tiny little cub.
What has happened to AR the last few days.
Maybe a few of you would like to gossip about her, if so just use the Gossip about Phil Egan Thread over in General Section.
I would but I am not that type of person.
I am absolutely dying to hear all about it though. I am damn near falling out of my skin.

a small group of posters decide to attack benny and find that he has a large group of posters who rate him highly.discovering this out they then switch the attack to his brother and then pick out an obscure stat to base it on .
i know we are all getting withdrawal symtoms from the lack of richmond news but we can do better than this . !!!!!!!!

Can you please attempt to articulate this *smile* Splatterflyer??

Coward?? WTF!!!!

Benny Gales best asset was his ability to stand at CHB a kick behind play and be guaranteed to not flintch when he cut off supply to the opposition forward bearing down on him.
He took some huge hits backing into packs,and did so right up until the end of his career.
He actually won us games through his courageous efforts at times.Watch a video of Richmond Vs Collingwood in 1997 when he saved the game taking mark after mark in the D50 under floating balls under pressure,hung on by a few points due to Bennys undisputed fortitude!

That game is one of my favorite games. a think from memory it was something like five marks in five minutes acroos CHB with Rocca bearing down on him. The only other game greater would been the match at princess park when we kept the blues from the finals.

Benny was one of those players that you always respected because he kept on trying. IMO he should have been made captain after freezer. There was one point when he was acting captain and he did a fantastic job when both Free and Knights were injured. He also played with the standard play by oposition players of trying to knock his contacts out (happened a couple of times), blind as a bat without them.

Still miss the call of Bennnnny when he went for a mark, still dark on him(or Frawley) for retiring in the off season

Come back Benny

Khan

yandb said:
a small group of posters decide to attack benny and find that he has a large group of posters who rate him highly.discovering this out they then switch the attack to his brother and then pick out an obscure stat to base it on .
i know we are all getting withdrawal symtoms from the lack of richmond news but we can do better than this . !!!!!!!!

yandb, I apologise, I would have thought it fairly obvious that I was being sarcastic. Obviously I didn't really expect people to go off and find out how many times Butch kicked the ball out on the full (sure would be interesting to know though...I guess) and No No No, the colour of a man's pink hair-tie doesn't affect the way he plays his football. I was just messing with you YandB.

By the way, I never said anything bad about Benny Gale, and if you read the threads, Tom Bosley (whom I've forged quite a strong PRE friendship with) didn't actually denegrate him either, he was referring to the way PRE members were speaking to each other, in my reading of it.

Discuss.

This is a pure example of how one shitstirring comment, with no basis to it, can cause a riot on PRE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You's got sucked in fellas!!!

Hammerfire said:
pure example of how one sh!tstirring comment, with no basis to it.
You's got sucked in fellas!!!

The stirring is fine - it's easy enough for most to identify idiotic comments. The only sucker was doing the sucking!!!

shawry said:
I cant handle people bagging Benny Gale.  He was great.

Great at what! getting a slight nudge in the back, in the back pocket throw in, and sprawling to the ground while the opposing ruckman grabbed it and kicked a goal yeah GREAT!
In the back benny we used to call him,how soft.