Benny Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny Gale

Hammerfire said:
This is a pure example of how one sh!tstirring comment, with no basis to it, can cause a riot on PRE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You's got sucked in fellas!!!

Good back pedal there Hammer. Sprung. ;D

Hammerfire, not looking for credit but I did have your back in there, a small cyber-pat on the arse wouldn't go astray.
I am super-surprised AR (Aunty Rosey) didn't mention this in her post. Must be thinking about Phil Egan again, have you heard the rumours about those two? Jump over to the General section, ClayBevan has started a thread about it. It is sooooooooo intersting, you could make a few posts in there if you like. I would but I'm not that type of person.
(please note: As it is a gossip thread posts don't have to be 100% correct so feel free to add some spice to your posts - I would but I am not that type of person)

struggletown3121 said:
I loved Benny,but Michael 'Butch' Gale had more turnovers than Chaffey and Fiora combined!!

i wish we had 2-3 butch gale's at richmond today. he played hard and that's what we lack. who could forget the day when he backed into a pack and took a fantastic courageous mark and broke his collarbone... i think it was against essendon

uhuh uhuh said:
Has Benny gone to the world cup?

suggested in the media he has booked a holiday to Brazil...

He's at the WC for a couple of weeks at the invite of JEEP who are flying the heads of all the teams they are major sponsors of for a get together.

Can't understand what the biog deal is. But then it's parrot so that explains the ateempt to put a negative spin on it

Baloo said:
He's at the WC for a couple of weeks at the invite of JEEP who are flying the heads of all the teams they are major sponsors of for a get together.

Can't understand what the biog deal is. But then it's parrot so that explains the ateempt to put a negative spin on it
I can see that, but given the situation that the club is in and how supporters feel maybe he could have given it a miss. I dunno, it doesn't exactly fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling towards the CEO when he's enjoying a corporate junket to Brazil while the team gets pumped by Fremantle at a wet, cold, less than half full MCG. It's not a great message to send out. Given that companies like Jeep want to be associated with winners I think they'd understand if Benny knocked it back.

CarnTheTiges said:
I can see that, but given the situation that the club is in and how supporters feel maybe he could have given it a miss. I dunno, it doesn't exactly fill me with a warm fuzzy feeling towards the CEO when he's enjoying a corporate junket to Brazil while the team gets pumped by Fremantle at a wet, cold, less than half full MCG. It's not a great message to send out. Given that companies like Jeep want to be associated with winners I think they'd understand if Benny knocked it back.

Depends on how you want to look at it. He doesn't do much on game day. In Brazil he'll be with CEOs of other major sporting clubs and in an environment where everyone would be willing to talk. He'll probaly get more insights, tips and ideas that would be beneficial to the club long term than he would sitting at the G twiddling his thunbs.

I reckon he's made the right decision for the club to go and spend time with these other CEOs

Baloo said:
Depends on how you want to look at it. He doesn't do much on game day. In Brazil he'll be with CEOs of other major sporting clubs and in an environment where everyone would be willing to talk. He'll probaly get more insights, tips and ideas that would be beneficial to the club long term than he would sitting at the G twiddling his thunbs.

I reckon he's made the right decision for the club to go and spend time with these other CEOs
Who are these other CEO's and what relevant experience do they have? At least Benny will be watching a professional sports team or two rather than the rabble he's currently presiding over. Maybe he should hand his CV around.

Agree.. How would it make any difference if Benny is here or overseas.

What these functions are good for is getting together with other CEO's garner ideas and contacts:
Richmond Football Club, St. George Illawarra and the QRL. as well as Vic Polo and the Harry Kewell academy.

If the invite includes overseas teams JUVENTUS, plus USA Basketball

Pretty good we have this sponsor and worth Benny Gale being over there if nothing else ensure the contract keeps on going.

And it was a typical cheap shot from the parrot

uhuh uhuh said:
Agree.. How would it make any difference if Benny is here or overseas.

What these functions are good for is getting together with other CEO's garner ideas and contacts:
Richmond Football Club, St. George Illawarra and the QRL. as well as Vic Polo and the Harry Kewell academy.

If the invite includes overseas teams JUVENTUS, plus USA Basketball

Pretty good we have this sponsor and worth Benny Gale being over there if nothing else ensure the contract keeps on going.

And it was a typical cheap shot from the parrot
Maybe it was Parrot being Parrot, but Benny couldn't possibly have gotten together with these people after the season?

uhuh uhuh said:
Has Benny gone to the world cup?

suggested in the media he has booked a holiday to Brazil...
no one at the club from the girl at reception to the president should be taking any time off during the football season especially since we are near the bottom of the ladder with big games against finals contenders coming up and the coach battling to save his job

CarnTheTiges said:
Maybe it was Parrot being Parrot, but Benny couldn't possibly have gotten together with these people after the season?

Opportunities arise when they arise.

There will be other opportunities after the season has finished, but not this one.

CEOs have to do what is best for the club in the long term. And that means this sort of stuff. There is a bunch of other people who don't (or shouldn't) need micro managing who can handle the day to day.

Parrot is squawking.

No matter which way you spin it, it is not a good look with the position we are in. Probably makes no difference, but perception is sometimes important to fans, media and other sponsors.

JimJessTorp said:
Opportunities arise when they arise.

There will be other opportunities after the season has finished, but not this one.

CEOs have to do what is best for the club in the long term. And that means this sort of stuff. There is a bunch of other people who don't (or shouldn't) need micro managing who can handle the day to day.

Parrot is squawking.
Exactly, Barrel. Non-story.

If he didn't go no doubt people would cry foul accusing him of brushing off our major sponsor. He is doing his job and probably sees it as a good opportunity to reaffirm to Chrysler that we will turn it around.
At the end of the day Benny looks after the business side of the club. Let the footy operations manager worry about the abyss we find ourselves in.

It only makes my decision about what to do regarding membership at the end of the season easier. Getting more and more cheesed off with this club by the day.

Baloo said:

Agree, its nothing. He is doing the right thing by the sponsor. Makes the relationship stronger.

Non issue, the club is in the best shape it ever has been off the field.

If the place can't cope with the CEO going away for two weeks, that is a most alarming sign.

The club has know about this for four months.

Same as Benny going for the CEO of the AFL role, everyone in the club knew about it. It was openly discussed.

Open, clear communication from the CEO. That's brilliant.

buenavista said:
No matter which way you spin it, it is not a good look with the position we are in. Probably makes no difference, but perception is sometimes important to fans, media and other sponsors.

Disagree. Quite obvious that when you strip away the emotion it's plain to see Benny is not doing anytrhing wrong at all.