Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I agree with David. Brando can look after himself and the move to Gold Coast is the opportunity to do just that. He’s done well by the RFC.

Reactions: 2 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
I think he will likely struggle to stay in the seniors with the talent to come back and the talent coming through.

For his own career, and for the opportunity to set himself and his family up for life, I reckon he should likely go. They almost said as much as the players were presented today at Punt Rd.

One thing I think will help him decide was the way Grigg and Delidio were sitting together at one point yesterday. Richmond have grown up from the 1970s. Back then you would have become persona non grata if you left - it was an attitude that fitted the times, but also a culture which changed too late at Richmond. Now it has changed and, if Brando leaves and plays elsewhere, he will always be welcomed with open arms at Tigerland.

Stay or go, bloody frustrating or playing a blinder, thanks to Brando for his contribution to 2 flags and making a lot of us very happy Richmond supporters.

DS
I don’t recall Brian The Whale Roberts ever being ostracised by the Tigers.

That would never happen when you run a pub!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I don’t recall Brian The Whale Roberts ever being ostracised by the Tigers.

That would never happen when you run a pub!

Hmm, my memory is not great, but wasn't he traded by the club for a certain John Pitura?

That was a waste of time, hopefully we learned never to make such a mistake again.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Thanks Brando for all your efforts:clap2:clap2
Playing and helping us win :cupgold:cupgoldNothing more we could ask for
Good luck at the GC You will always be remembered as 2 time premiership player

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Always been a bit to big a gap between his good n his bad games for my liking, but the coaches n match committee saw fit to play Brando / Bobble for close to 200 games, multiple finals n two premierships, So what the *smile* would I know?
Will always be a life member at Tigerland and multiple flag player so best of luck to him if he takes the fat n juicy life anchoring contract at Mould Coast. Not all players can be super stars n champions, most simply get to be role players doing their best to support their team mates.
Will always be thankful for his contributions to our team and our premierships over his time at the club.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought the way he was introduced at the footy day today pretty much guaranteed that he was going. It was something along the lines of "he might not be with us next year". If he wasn't going that would be a strange way to introduce him.

Will be very good for the Gold Coast. Leadership and training standards will be worth heaps to the Suns. More than the extra draft pick they will be given.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Hmm, my memory is not great, but wasn't he traded by the club for a certain John Pitura?

That was a waste of time, hopefully we learned never to make such a mistake again.

DS
Graham Teasdale, Francis Jackson and the Whale for John Pitura!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
No regrets young Brando.

Dont look back even though it will be bloody hard. Ive seen you play with Trents kids on many occasions. You have stayed at his house, the kids love you as you do them.

Prestia said as much even said he would help with the best places to eat.

2 x Premiership player.

Been at the club since drafted and now its time to take care of yourself, your family and your future.

No one could begrudge you at all.

No one will boo you nor should they. Its not the Richmond way But when you line up against us you will be an opposition player , a GC player.

His story and background who knows, could have been the catalyst for the new Richmond and Dimma. Dimma loved him , his story and it will be hard for all parties but its an offer too good for Brandon Ellis to refuse. At least he will have two former team mates so it may not be as lonely.

Good luck. All the best.

PS Im sorry for being at times a critic. I just saw in you a player who had so much ability earlier on. A goal kicking winger that was close to AA selection at one point who could frustrate the hell out of me.

Reactions: 4 users

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
Thanks Brandy. A good move for all. Opportunities must be limited next year at RFC. Honorable discharge. Go well, just not against us.

Reactions: 3 users