Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
You may be in another state and with a another team but just just like Milesy will always be part of the Richmond Brotherhood. Good luck with your new journey Brando :D

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
first round draft pick
3 x 22 Under 22 team
best & fairest runner-up
All-Australian squad
two premierships
176 games @ 26yo

Fair to say he has fulfilled his potential at Richmond, even as a classic "role player" in the premiership wins. Hope he succeeds at Gold Coast without giving away too much Tiger intel.

Reactions: 12 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
That’s a solid list of achievements for Brando.

Wish him all the best at the Suns.

I could say we owe them a little for the gifts of meatballs and Tommy J but he will always be a tiger

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
first round draft pick
3 x 22 Under 22 team
best & fairest runner-up
All-Australian squad
two premierships
176 games @ 26yo

Fair to say he has fulfilled his potential at Richmond, even as a classic "role player" in the premiership wins. Hope he succeeds at Gold Coast without giving away too much Tiger intel.

That record is awesome and much better than I realised.

Our depth at the tigers is staggering when you think he has struggled to make best 22 at recent times.

Well done Brando - you have done us proud.

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Whatever your future holds Brandon you will forever be a 2 x premiership player for us.

I guess there had to be some fallout for bringing in a player like Lynch on big coin & i guess.

Enjoy the sun up on the coast & know that your time & efforts at the club will never be forgotten.

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
who would have thought B.Ellis would be on $600k a year when last year he wasn't even in our best 22 against the Pies Prelim

Been a big year. Happy for him to get P.A.I.D

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
first round draft pick
3 x 22 Under 22 team
best & fairest runner-up
All-Australian squad
two premierships
176 games @ 26yo

Very resilient for a running machine too; not that easy to find actually. But totally understand why he will have to grab the generous package that GC are offering even if very reluctantly. Really felt for him yesterday - he was making no attempt to hide his love for the brothers and the club. He was just aching with sorrow to have to leave this.
Best wishes Brando. I was really bothered by your performance in the Lions final but redeemed yourself against the Moggies and were ok in the GF. You will always be a Richmond man, twice premiership player, great, honest servant of the club. Best of luck and thanks for your significant contribution to our success in your career time at RFC.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
That record is awesome and much better than I realised.

Our depth at the tigers is staggering when you think he has struggled to make best 22 at recent times.

Well done Brando - you have done us proud.

Best and fairest 2nd was amazing. And only just lost it 283 votes to 292 for Cotchin. And a young Dusty came 3rd on 266.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I know I’m going to be a sour puss and say I’d prefer his medal wasn’t leaving and that stacks or Menadue got his place in Saturday’s team.

But good luck brandy and we’ll played.

I’ll cheer for you at the suns games

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
All the best Brando. In a compromised draft we did pretty good with your pick.

Actually, we gave up one spot in that draft to secure Morris and got Brando. Who was the pick before Brando and did they accomplish as much?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I know I’m going to be a sour puss and say I’d prefer his medal wasn’t leaving and that stacks or Menadue got his place in Saturday’s team.

But good luck brandy and we’ll played.

I’ll cheer for you at the suns games

In hindsight yes, he was bad Brando in the GF and frankly we could have played Humphrey B Bear and still won comfortably. The reality is he's now pushing towards or bottom 4 or 5 of the 22 (finished 16th in B&F based on votes per game and wasn't selected Round 1) and would likely have been surpassed in the next year or so anyway. The deal he has been offered sets him up for life and he'd be mad not to chase it. Thanks Brando, frustrating to watch but ended with 2 premierships so well done.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
If true, and comes to pass, all the best Brando. Heart and soul player, gave his all, got the rewards.

Reactions: 3 users

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
first round draft pick
3 x 22 Under 22 team
best & fairest runner-up
All-Australian squad
two premierships
176 games @ 26yo

For an outside running machine stats compare favourably to a more hyped Tom Scully, recognising TS has had at least one significant injury.

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
I hope Richmond supporters can show some class when we play the Cold Toast Bums and give him a Richmond roar.

Reactions: 5 users