Brandon Ellis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brandon Ellis

Re: Welcome Brandon Ellis

Geez, his kick-outs looked mighty good! He hit players in the centre square with a few of them.

Good pick-up Tige's and look forward to seeing you in action Brandon.

Very impressed with his kick in on that video clip - they travelled 60m+ and did it quickly.

He looks a bit slow on those clips but being able to do a 15+ beep test and his handy 20m repeat efforts will offset that.

The play at around 1.32 of the vid on the Richmond site is impressive.

Breaks through an opponent and kicks.

T
Tigers of Old said:
Reckon an edited highlights clip would even make our kickouts look amazing.
Unfortunately I've got to disagree with you there...

Tigers of Old said:
Reckon an edited highlights clip would even make our kickouts look amazing.

Very true, Ellis has a very penetrating kick but doesn't use it nearly enough to be considered elite IMO. One could look at in terms of a player who picks the first and safest option or someone who probably could become more damaging with his kicking. No doubt the skill is there, it's just a case of harnessing the ability.

Ran second in the Tan Run this morning. Houli first, Ellis just behind.

Fantastic result for a kid in his first pre-season, think he will play a lot of footy this season.

Get excited people.

Great to know that. White and Jackson normally come in one two. So I assume they didn't run.

White came in third. Houli, Ellis, White only people mentioned.

MB78 said:
Great to know that. White and Jackson normally come in one two. So I assume they didn't run.

They did.

Top 10 from today's run:

1. Bachar Houli
2. Brandon Ellis
3. Matthew White
4. Shane Edwards
5. Brett Deledio
6. Matthew Arnot
7. Chris Newman
8. Reece Conca
9. Jake Batchelor
10. Dustin Martin

Thats a good list. Godd mix of experienced players with a few up-and-commers. Good to see Martin, Conca and Batch in the list as well as Arnot and Ellis.

SCOOP said:
Ran second in the Tan Run this morning. Houli first, Ellis just behind.

Fantastic result for a kid in his first pre-season, think he will play a lot of footy this season.

Get excited people.
:) Good times

Although I am very excited about Ellis what surprises me most is that biscuit (Arnott) can get his rather large arse round the tan that quickly.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Although I am very excited about Ellis what surprises me most is that biscuit (Arnott) can get his rather large arse round the tan that quickly.
Lotta power in them Thunda Thighs.

TigerMasochist said:
Lotta power in them Thunda Thighs.

World Vision want to hire him as the static electricity created by his thighs rubbing together could power a small village in Africa

Col.W.Kurtz said:

One thing they tell the young kids is that if they want to get better they should identify the best trainers at the club, and try their best to keep up. Judd still talks about trying to keep up with Cousins as being huge in his development. My guess is that Ellis and Arnot have tried to sit on Houli or White or Edwards and let themselves be paced to the finish. Good sign if true, suggests a professional approach.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
World Vision want to hire him as the static electricity created by his thighs rubbing together could power a small village in Africa
Lol.

He's really pushing for a gig against Carlton in round one. I reckon he just about deserves it on that sensational effort.
Positions are up for grabs, and young Ellis wants one, good luck young fella.