Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Yes, it’s time for Benny to step up. No one else comes close to matching his credentials and leadership style.

AFL has been weighed down by previous cronyism, political affiliations, elitism and protectionism. There is no room for the Elliotts, Newman’s, McGuires and Kennetts anymore.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If he gets the job, he might shaft other teams instead and cement himself as Richmond royalty.
He could start by hiring Tim Livingstone as General Manager of Football to wind back the SHocking rules.

I hope the money is good. Reckon Benny is pretty brave taking on that thankless gig.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Going to be a huge loss along with Peggy.

Sad day I feel.

Big shoes to fill.
He can do more for us at AFL house than he could do at Punt Rd. Shocking oversaw our demise through rule changes, poor compo picks, *smile* umpiring and a media hate campaign. Benny will fix all that

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have no idea if he will get it or not but if he does it is a major movement away from the boys club who have ruled the AFL for quite a while now.
I always have felt Dillon was a Monty to get the job. It would take a major change in direction by the AFL to bring someone in from club land

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I have no idea if he will get it or not but if he does it is a major movement away from the boys club who have ruled the AFL for quite a while now.
I always have felt Dillon was a Monty to get the job. It would take a major change in direction by the AFL to bring someone in from club land

This is why I'm still dubious it happens. Would be a very big change from the current executive and how the AFL has hired for those roles for the last 20 odd years.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A
This is why I'm still dubious it happens. Would be a very big change from the current executive and how the AFL has hired for those roles for the last 20 odd years.
Agree st Kevin.

Still think Dillon will get it but Hardwick’s speech last night alluded to otherwise but could have been ‘tongue in cheek stuff’!

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
If Benny gets the AFL job it'll be to clean up the mess of corruption, cover-ups, sexual harassment and discrimination and transform a truly horrible, entitled, boys' club culture. It would be an admission that under Demeglomaniac, Fitzprick, Goyter and Dill the AFL executive has become arrogant, controlling and self-serving, putting itself and its members' bonuses ahead of what's good for the game, the clubs, the players and the fans. What has Gilligan ever done for the fams? Reduce the price of a pie from $14 to $12?

It'd be a shame for Richmond if we lost Benny, but it'd be great for the game if he took it over, and at least we could expect a ceasefire in the AFL's war on us.

But, wow. Peggy alone was going to be hard to replace. Both? Crucial we get those choices right.
Well Written. Completely agree that internally the AFL is a awful organisation with all that you describe. If Benny is given the license to clean house he will do a great job of it.
O’Rouke will be Prez. CEO will go to Simon Matthews

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Well Written. Completely agree that internally the AFL is a awful organisation with all that you describe. If Benny is given the license to clean house he will do a great job of it.
O’Rouke will be Prez. CEO will go to Simon Matthews

So Simon Matthew's, (brother of GWS CEO David Matthews), what position does he hold at Richmond FC at present?, is it still chief Marketing Officer?
You know much else about him Ghost, is business acumen/commercial pull part of his repertoire?

More importantly : are you just speculating that Benny has the AFL gig as I don't want him going anywhere.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
A

Agree st Kevin.

Still think Dillon will get it but Hardwick’s speech last night alluded to otherwise but could have been ‘tongue in cheek stuff’!
I think it was tongue and cheek, there's no way Dimma would be silly enough to out AFL news before they would.......unless it's his get back for the fARC.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I’d be very surprised if Benny got the gig boys club and commish have other ideas
Same here, the AFL have got too many things that they want to keep in hidden. They don't want an interloper from outside their 4 walls finding the skeletons in the closet.

Reactions: 6 users