Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Yes, keeping strict AFL control over the investigatory/report/consequences process when the indigenous group that have made the claims and complaints, directly expressed their desire for an independent body to be overseeing it, not the AFL. (Suggesting what?)
Surely it’s become too high profile for an AFL cover up now. Any hint of impropriety and the Government will launch their own investigation, not to mention the damage a suggestion of a cover up would do to the AFL’s already tarnished reputation

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
The fact Simon has applied for the Arsendon role might, possibly, be a small indicator that Brendon isn’t going anywhere.
Or he's just testing out his interview skills and presentation style in readiness for a tilt at the RFC CEO position (a plum job in anyone's books) should Gale get the nod at AFL house.
As others have said, he seems to be a pretty good operator.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Lufd
Interesting , how did you rate the bloke that went to Carlton
the club rated him extremely highly. Put him through some business courses and had him highly involved in the leisure centre business. Would happily have him back. Another I would look at is Matt Finnis who was CEO of Saints. Did a hell of a lot with not much

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I have Simon Matthews in the Craig Cameron/Dan Richardson camp.

I'd love to see him go to Essendon.

I always love your little insights TBR. As one of our 'esteemed' politicians would say, "please explain".

My experience with Dan (albeit a few years ago) was decent bloke, but promoted above his station. Could have probably ended worse than it did. Cameron from the outside looking in seems to just luck his way into jobs.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I always love your little insights TBR. As one of our 'esteemed' politicians would say, "please explain".

My experience with Dan (albeit a few years ago) was decent bloke, but promoted above his station. Could have probably ended worse than it did. Cameron from the outside looking in seems to just luck his way into jobs.

Richardson was responsible for the Chris Yarran trade, which is probably the worst deal ever made in AFL history, if not professional sport. Not sure he has ever been a success at any role he has had to be honest.

How Craig Cameron had a job and continues to have a job baffles me. A track record of horrible decisions and no ability to create a successful club.

Footy managers are the most important factor in a club having success, not a coincidence our fortunes changed when they were gone.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Richardson was responsible for the Chris Yarran trade, which is probably the worst deal ever made in AFL history, if not professional sport. Not sure he has ever been a success at any role he has had to be honest.

How Craig Cameron had a job and continues to have a job baffles me. A track record of horrible decisions and no ability to create a successful club.

Footy managers are the most important factor in a club having success, not a coincidence our fortunes changed when they were gone.

I had forgotten the Yarran trade. That was bordering on negligent.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I had forgotten the Yarran trade. That was bordering on negligent.

You're being very kind there, Kev, absolutely, unequivocally negligent.

Even if we give the benefit of the doubt and say Richardson was the only person in the industry who hadn't heard the rumours of Yarran's personal issues, what was in plain sight was the facts that he was a selfish person who sulked when he didn't like his role in the team, had no capacity to deal with any defensive pressure and would give up when it was applied, and was a poor trainer with non-elite standards and fitness levels.

That was all obvious to even a passing observer of his football, how a GM of football wanting to trade for him either didn't see it or ignored it was inexplicable.

Even if Yarran had been healthy and ready to play it would have been an incredibly bad deal.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Even if we give the benefit of the doubt and say Richardson was the only person in the industry who hadn't heard the rumours of Yarran's personal issues, what was in plain sight was the facts that he was a selfish person who sulked when he didn't like his role in the team, had no capacity to deal with any defensive pressure and would give up when it was applied, and was a poor trainer with non-elite standards and fitness levels.

That was all obvious to even a passing observer of his football, how a GM of football wanting to trade for him either didn't see it or ignored it was inexplicable.

Even if Yarran had been healthy and ready to play it would have been an incredibly bad deal.
Agree on Richardson and Cameron but doesn't Blair have to take some responsibility for Yarran?

Not sure about Matthews. Met him and spoke on the phone to him a couple of times 10-12 years ago. Seemed arrogant.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

A good mate's father drives cabs and picked Yarran up from his last Carlton Mad Monday. Yarran claimed he was 'being chased' all while being safely buckled in to the back seat. I find it staggering that Richardson as a former player agent wouldn't have known the stories.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Lufd

the club rated him extremely highly. Put him through some business courses and had him highly involved in the leisure centre business. Would happily have him back. Another I would look at is Matt Finnis who was CEO of Saints. Did a hell of a lot with not much
Did he ? Aren’t they like 20mn in debt

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Am still of the view Benny doesn’t get the afl gig , reckon he will stay until we are well into the PRO re development then perhaps may look at stepping down a gear , maybe a PT job fluffing the towels at huntingdale GC will *smile* as he transitions toward retirement

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Lufd

From a commercial view did an outstanding job at blues , membership, sponsorship all up ,,carried the can for failed Teague venture and lost factional support when butted heads with sos which tbh proved correct as he certainly got more wrong than right