Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Same here, the AFL have got too many things that they want to keep in hidden. They don't want an interloper from outside their 4 walls finding the skeletons in the closet.
Particularly one you have been at loggerheads with for a few years

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Particularly one you have been at loggerheads with for a few years
Don't reckon the boys club would want Brendon getting his hands on their business case model (if there is one) for a team in Tasmania. There can be no doubt that Tasmania have been treated unfairly in comparison to the the Suns and GWS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Same here, the AFL have got too many things that they want to keep in hidden. They don't want an interloper from outside their 4 walls finding the skeletons in the closet.
I’d hate to see Benny leave us.
But if he did “ it’s time to drain the swamp”

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
I’d hate to see Benny leave us.
But if he did “ it’s time to drain the swamp”
The paper shredders and server data wipes would be running overtime prior to his arrival if he got the gig

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
So Simon Matthew's, (brother of GWS CEO David Matthews), what position does he hold at Richmond FC at present?, is it still chief Marketing Officer?
You know much else about him Ghost, is business acumen/commercial pull part of his repertoire?

More importantly : are you just speculating that Benny has the AFL gig as I don't want him going anywhere.
Simon’s role list as Chief Marketing Officer but from what I’ve been told he is 2IC to Benny. Have only heard great things about Simon. Very good operator, intelligent, personable. Been in AFL system for a while.
Yes, just speculating after what Dimma said at the JDM. 13yrs as CEO is almost 2 lifetimes at that level. I believe the MCC job was his until the pulled out.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
Simon’s role list as Chief Marketing Officer but from what I’ve been told he is 2IC to Benny. Have only heard great things about Simon. Very good operator, intelligent, personable. Been in AFL system for a while.
Yes, just speculating after what Dimma said at the JDM. 13yrs as CEO is almost 2 lifetimes at that level. I believe the MCC job was his until the pulled out.

Loves the club and working at that level. Great pedigree would be the perfect replacement for Benny. Plus good organisations develop talent and this bloke is primed

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I think it was tongue and cheek, there's no way Dimma would be silly enough to out AFL news before they would.......unless it's his get back for the fARC.
Talk about Chinese whispers ,,,from recall , dimma said I don’t know here you’ll be next year , if on other side of the table , we want 23 games at the mcg . Was a bit of levity from dimma

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

@Ghost of 29 Just pinched this from another thread, Simon has been interviewed for the vacant Essendon CEO position

1664582062902.png

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
So Simon Matthew's, (brother of GWS CEO David Matthews), what position does he hold at Richmond FC at present?, is it still chief Marketing Officer?
You know much else about him Ghost, is business acumen/commercial pull part of his repertoire?

More importantly : are you just speculating that Benny has the AFL gig as I don't want him going anywhere.

BG has to be narrowing with more stink around the AFL, and it’s manner of shmoozing through problems, as each day passes.

So many issues to do with race, implementation of rules and organisation, and now the justification for its own very existence - that AFL Commission members must be asking themselves whether it should again follow the executive recommendation that it appoint another Gill clone, and still another boys club member.

Suspect concern that Gills recommendation might not now be tenable, was also a factor in Brad Scott’s decision to apply for his new job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've met SM a couple of times. Seems a pretty shrewd operator in my limited dealings.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The fact Simon has applied for the Arsendon role might, possibly, be a small indicator that Brendon isn’t going anywhere.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The fact Simon has applied for the Arsendon role might, possibly, be a small indicator that Brendon isn’t going anywhere.

That, or he knows if Gale does leave, Livingstone will get the job.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Worst case we lose the president, CEO, and chief marketing officer in one summer.

God damn, that would be a generational change.

• Sad

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Where is Cain Liddle these days? He worked closely with Benny when he was with us. What happened to him at Carlton was pretty much the old guard knifing him for taking out SOS.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
O'Shannassy was the finance guy. John O'Rourke will be a good replacement for Peggy, good operator.
O'Shannassy, O'Neal, O'Rourke - as long as we keep the Irish tradition going in our administrators, we'll be fine. :D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
O'Shannassy, O'Neal, O'Rourke - as long as we keep the Irish tradition going in our administrators, we'll be fine. :D
As long as we don't get someone called O'*smile*

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Gilligan has already said he's staying until the hawthorn saga is dealt with.
Yes, keeping strict AFL control over the investigatory/report/consequences process when the indigenous group that have made the claims and complaints, directly expressed their desire for an independent body to be overseeing it, not the AFL. (Suggesting what?)