Brendon Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brendon Gale

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I am rapt with this appointment. I think he will bring alot to the table as the CEO and i am glad that he will have a say in who they appoint coach for next year.

His wealth of experience since he finished his career will be a tremendous advantage to us.

Well done Tigers. Now lets get the next appointment right. !

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Gut feel says he is getting the job at AFL house.

With Peggy leaving and now possibly Gale, there is some very big shoes to fill.

I wonder who the club have in their sights to replace Gale if he left?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

fitchy86

Tiger Cub
Sep 21, 2009
Gut feel says he is getting the job at AFL house.

With Peggy leaving and now possibly Gale, there is some very big shoes to fill.

I wonder who the club have in their sights to replace Gale if he left?
Dimmas speech seemed to intimate as much. He's at least deep into the process. One things for sure, both Peggy and Brendon would accept nothing less then excellence from their replacements.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dimmas speech seemed to intimate as much. He's at least deep into the process. One things for sure, both Peggy and Brendon would accept nothing less then excellence from their replacements.
Makes sense why Brad Scott is going to the Bummers If Benny is getting the job. He knows Benny will sack him

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If Benny gets the AFL job it'll be to clean up the mess of corruption, cover-ups, sexual harassment and discrimination and transform a truly horrible, entitled, boys' club culture. It would be an admission that under Demeglomaniac, Fitzprick, Goyter and Dill the AFL executive has become arrogant, controlling and self-serving, putting itself and its members' bonuses ahead of what's good for the game, the clubs, the players and the fans. What has Gilligan ever done for the fams? Reduce the price of a pie from $14 to $12?

It'd be a shame for Richmond if we lost Benny, but it'd be great for the game if he took it over, and at least we could expect a ceasefire in the AFL's war on us.

But, wow. Peggy alone was going to be hard to replace. Both? Crucial we get those choices right.

Reactions: 10 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Makes sense why Brad Scott is going to the Bummers If Benny is getting the job. He knows Benny will sack him
And via email; not even in person or using zoom.

He just doesn’t have the time for such people.

Last edited:

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Selfishly, I want Benny to stay. *smile* the AFL. Even Gale wouldn't be able to disband the boys club, that sort of change is required at AFL Commission level to have any effect.

Better for the club to have good people and not sure whether there are many better with Bennys credentials.

Reactions: 3 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
I’m not so sure.
if so the club in the background must be sounding out people.
can’t be left standing at the alter.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I have a feeling that with this Hawthorn racism saga ramping up, the Commission will want McLachlan to stay on to stage manage that. That may impact the decision-making of external candidates.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I have a feeling that with this Hawthorn racism saga ramping up, the Commission will want McLachlan to stay on to stage manage that. That may impact the decision-making of external candidates.

Gilligan has already said he's staying until the hawthorn saga is dealt with.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Gilligan has already said he's staying until the hawthorn saga is dealt with.

There you go, my judgment is at least sound in that regard. That suggests to me the hire is internal. That will be very awkward transition for someone external.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good leaders make sure there is a strong base of people who can step into their roles when they move on or up. Peggy and Brandon strike me as good leaders so they'll know whether there is someone internal ready to step up or whether they need to recruit externally if it's too early to promote internally.

Remember Peggy wasn't the original candidate for President. There was a split between Speed and the Finance guy at the time (forget his name). Peggy was the candidate that both sides could agree too.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Good leaders make sure there is a strong base of people who can step into their roles when they move on or up. Peggy and Brandon strike me as good leaders so they'll know whether there is someone internal ready to step up or whether they need to recruit externally if it's too early to promote internally.

Remember Peggy wasn't the original candidate for President. There was a split between Speed and the Finance guy at the time (forget his name). Peggy was the candidate that both sides could agree too.

O'Shannassy was the finance guy. John O'Rourke will be a good replacement for Peggy, good operator.

Reactions: 2 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
With the hawthorn saga and us seen as leaders in almost anything indigenous related,I think Benny is now a shoe in for Gils job.