Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
GoodOne said:
Deledio has outpossessed and outmarked Griffen this year.  If Griffen has spent alot of time on the ball then makes Deledio's stats even mre impressive.  17.6 posessions and 6.6 marks per game for a 2nd year player, 19 years of age isn't a bad effort by my books.  Deledio acording to the stats is also heavier by 4 kilos than Griffen (this may have changed), but that should dispel th theory that Griffen is alot stronger.  Lids definitely plays taller in my opinion.  At times Lids has made a few unforced errors but overall he appears to know whee to go, and under heavy tagging at time is still able to find plenty of the ball.

Can't see how anyone could be too disappointed with the lads efforts so far this year.

I agree.

But Griffin is also made to look better by the Bulldogs gameplan and style, which is working. He is able to play his game.

Poor Deledio has to play in our style, which is very negative ( depressing for us fans),IMO this is not bringing out the best in this young player.

Put Lids in that Bulldogs team ( Hypothetically of course) and he would be looking a lot better than he currently is at our club.

Thank god hes with us. Hes doing well for the oppurtunity he has got at this stage.

BISKET*12*

Tiger Rookie
Dec 12, 2005
tigertough12 said:
I'd say Deledio has been a bit of a flop this year and Turtle Neck (Tambling who keeps ducking his head in marking contests) has done absolutely nothing to write home about so far.
Shown more than Lids considering its his first proper year!!

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
BISKET*12* said:
tigertough12 said:
I'd say Deledio has been a bit of a flop this year and Turtle Neck (Tambling who keeps ducking his head in marking contests) has done absolutely nothing to write home about so far.
Shown more than Lids considering its his first proper year!!

How can you say that Bisket? On what basis do you make this opinion? Lids has had 5 x 20 plus possession games to Tambling's 1. Tambling has had 5 x sub 10 possession games compared to Lids 1. Lids has been far more consistent, and admittedly has had alot more game time. So far it appears Tambling is gong to be the flashy type whereas Lids is more of a workhorse. I am excited by the way both have played this yearly personally. I love Tamblings attack at the ball and his speed. Lids has performed under duress and its clear hes a quality player.

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne
I'm very happy with Lids efforts so far. He is far more exposed to the midfield than Griffen who still mainly plays off a back flank and picks up uncontested possessions.

I think Lids could be a CHF for us in 2 years time and should have been put at FF on Saturday night to shake off his hard tag.

Can anyone believe how hard a tag this 19 yer old got against the Swans?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Think he has been ok, certainly has class - a rare commodity at Tigerland. Possessions stack up ok. My only criticism is that his kicking for goal, from both set shots and on the run is poor when considering his skill level. IN fact, he doesn't take enough shots for goal on the run IMO. He is in the top 2 or 3 for field kicking at the RFC.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
jb03 said:
Think he has been ok, certainly has class - a rare commodity at Tigerland.  Possessions stack up ok.  My only criticism is that his kicking for goal, from both set shots and on the run is poor when considering his skill level.  IN fact, he doesn't take enough shots for goal on the run IMO.  He is in the top 2 or 3 for field kicking at the RFC.

Easily the BEST field kick in the side...easily.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tha8ball said:
jb03 said:
Think he has been ok, certainly has class - a rare commodity at Tigerland. Possessions stack up ok. My only criticism is that his kicking for goal, from both set shots and on the run is poor when considering his skill level. IN fact, he doesn't take enough shots for goal on the run IMO. He is in the top 2 or 3 for field kicking at the RFC.

Easily the BEST field kick in the side...easily.

Ok, agree with that black ball.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
One of the few break the lines types we have, very committed to the contest, doesn't take a backwards step and has that Luke Hodge streak of meanness in him. Once his body fills out he will have a physical presence.
I agree with 8ball, just needs to improve around goals. Should be told within 55, you have a shot.
Great field kick just probally tries to squeez in hte impossible kick every now and agian. Same as Nathan Buckley used to.

Reckon he just needs to dominate a game from start to finish just to let him know that he can. Don't reckon it;s far way, he's a keeper. Probably the only untouchable on our list.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Redford said:
He's going ok isn't he ?

Still a pup...just in his second year...making a few execution errors by foot, but his decision making, hard running/pace, creativity, involvement etc is pretty darn good isn't it ?

Hear hear Dudford. An informative and concise post. A rarity for you these days I must add :ner

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
mmmmmmmm 2nd year youngster already being tagged............................ he is not as prominant cos he is getting treatment from opposition , no one cared bout him last year.

CLASS ACT - simple and will go up a cog next year look out....

Common sense people  please

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
2nd year player that is only 19 years of age...cant put an old head on young shoulders....no concern what so ever especially with the coaching team in place now...perhaps if the old regime was still in place and having an influence on him (ala spud) i would be very concerned...

tw knows what this caper is all about...

roll on 2007/08 or when he is say 21/22 then we will see the real lids for the player he will become...

i'll use a bomber thompson phrase...just leave him all alone...all of you..lol

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Im more than happy with his season so far. People have put a lot of expectations on a 19 year old playing in his second year of AFL football.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ridley said:
Redford said:
He's going ok isn't he ?

Still a pup...just in his second year...making a few execution errors by foot, but his decision making, hard running/pace, creativity, involvement etc is pretty darn good isn't it ?

Hear hear Dudford. An informative and concise post. A rarity for you these days I must add :ner

I had the cops 'round yesterday wanting to ask me questions about you Chimpley.

You haven't been assualting opposition teams' mascots again have you ?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
jb03 said:

very true

needs to finish a lot better, all the greats finish well.

TigerArmySoldier01

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 3, 2004
Melbourne
Lids hasnt had the impact on a game that he has had last year. Last year he wasnt tagged as much... but that excuse cant last forever! You dont see anybody stopping Judd from having an impact. I think a tactic TW will have to consider is getting Lids to play head to head against a quality opponent. So far IMO the player progessing most succesfully is POLO! Is really making an impact in the our team! Like his goals on the run! Also Meyer looks like he is being groomed as Nathan Brown Jnr!