Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
mad_tiggy911 said:
I don't want him near our club.

I hope he never comes back as a coach as I don't want him anywhere near our kids.

Interesting thoughts. Why is that?

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Tigers around me were booing him...I yelled out "I still love ya Lids". I felt sorry for him at the end of the match. He served us well over his time.

burgin27strang28

Tiger Cub
Mar 17, 2008
I accidentally booed him not realising it was him at the time. I was determined not to boo him. Was a great servant of our club and an amazing player in his prime.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I have no problem with a bit of good natured booing. You have to use the advantage of the crowd when you have it. That's sport. I would hope there wasn't any spiteful booing, but there probably was.

On Fricknels points. He never played back into the side through the VFL I don't think so it would have been a very hard call if he were still Tiger.

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
He has been a champion of the club could never boo him he keeped me going to the footy for a few years there. Poor bastard imagine how he must be feeling his brain would have been vitamised .

glorydaysareback

Nice to have our glory days back at the Tigers!
Apr 18, 2004
Melbourne, Victoria
The guy is a RFC life member FFS. He gave our club great service for 10 years. I was petsonally lucky enough to get to know him a bit in 2011 and 2012. He is a quality person. Glad our captain recognised that fact at the end of the game even if some on here can't do likewise.

Gi Tigers it has been a bloody long wait!

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Lids is a Richmond Champion...a great contributor to where we are now. I am sorry that he left ...He has my great regards and appreciation.

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria
Felt sorry for Lids too
While the match was in the balance he was just a GWS player, but after it was over I thought of all the magical moments he had provided us with over the years and felt bad for him that he has missed out celebrating with his old team mates to finally make it into a prelim

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Still has never played a decent finals match.

I didn't have a problem with the booing, but thought Cotch's gesture at the end was all class. Unbelievable that he asked for a trade to find success only to be knocked out in a PF by the tigers. You couldn't script it better.

Will always be a welcome RFC former player.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tigerflag2008 said:
Unbelievable that he asked for a trade to find success only to be knocked out in a PF by the tigers. You couldn't script it better.

In his 250th too. Was a bizarre circumstance, especially having not.played in either of the two games during the year

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Brettstigers said:
HE's a champion - hard to play a PF underdone.

This is it. The whole club's season was disrupted by injuries and it was always going to be difficult for them to get it together at the business end. Pound for pound, still reckon they're the most talented team in the comp.

Deledio probably has something left... if he can get through a pre-season.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
What's with all tissues for Brett.
Do you reckon Capt Blood would have given it a second thought,
I booed my guts out he made his bed let him lie in it.
It's war.

Eat Em Alive