Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
Bizarre he hasn't spoken to any of the players except Grigg since the Premiership.

You'd think someone who was with the club for 12 years would be closer than that.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigerlove said:
Don't see it as odd at all. He was with the Tigers for along time and part of him will always be a Tiger. Yes he made his bed but that doesn't mean you forget about it and it's not painful for you. He is human. Time heals.

Reckon calling our flag "something I should have been a part of" while he's still playing is odd.

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
What got me abot Lids was he reckons we were a 1000 to one we would play in the granny let alone win the premiership part of the reason he moved on Glory seeker but still feel for him

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Reckon calling our flag "something I should have been a part of" while he's still playing is odd.

agree. the comment about 'nobody thought in a million years etc etc' is disappointing. No guarantees in footy.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Rance also made it pretty clear that Lids wanted out of Richmond.

I had some sympathy for Lids but this recent interview has lost some of that goodwill.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon Lids deserves some slack - he played well over 200 games for us without winning even 1 final.

Even Hardwick said during the finals series that if you had asked them at the end of last year whether they would make the prelim (or was it the GF) that they wouldn't have believed it.

To be honest no one saw our last 5 games coming - even at that late stage most didn't even expect us to finish top 4 - thought we would quietly slip down the ladder and lose another final to finish a season with a pass.

It is normal to burn out after so many years giving everything for no reward. He moved on because he was no longer loving his profession - I don't have a problem with that. Of course he is disappointed, envious, confused and perhaps even regretting his decision.

He will always be a tiger champion just not a premiership tiger champion.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Baloo said:
Rance also made it pretty clear that Lids wanted out of Richmond.

I had some sympathy for Lids but this recent interview has lost some of that goodwill.
He did but that isn’t the point. He made it clear that he doesn’t have this feeling that there is bad blood towards him that appears to be the impression of some.

People make decisions and sometimes they are wrong and they regret them. That’s life but it doesn’t mean we should feel sorry for those who make that decision.

I have seen some tweets to Lids that are downright mean. One suggesting that that he and griffin should get together and watch the last 2 grannies. That’s just not necessary and is pretty pathetic imo.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
In some ways the only crime he committed was to be the oldest player.
1½ years older than Riewoldt, 2½ older than Rance, 3 years older than Cotchin.
One wonders what they would have done at that age.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Lids was contracted until 2017, if he had seen contract out he'd most likely be a premiership player. This would probably be making it even more harrowing for him.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Whilst I will admit recent events have diminished my view of Lids, after sitting back and thinking about it I dont begrudge him leaving. People bring up the scenario of Richo sticking with us his entire career - if he had left to pursue a premiership elsewhere in my opinion he would have been well within his rights to do so.

Unfortunately for Lids he chose incorrectly and he will have to live with that. But I hold no ill feelings towards him - I understand the lure to want to experience the ultimate feeling as a football player and the time pressure that comes with a player's career.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Clearly the tigers are etched into his DNA. It wouldn't be hurting so much if it didn't.

I absolutely feel sorry for him.