Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

We didnt draft Buddy because we thought his head wasnt right and wouldnt fit into our club.
Well done to Miller & Co :duh obviously he didnt fit the bill of an underweight, undersized and unskilled player.

Positive words by Alistair Clarkson on Tambling tonight on "On The Couch"...he has no doubt he will be a gun.

Brett should be able to take on the opposition I mean the guy is 189cms & 81kgs ok probably needs to put on 5 kgs but just needs to attack the lines take'em on Brett!!! We need tough hard bodied mids to rough up the other sides ala Pavlich!!!

Ridley said:
Liverpool said:
I stated on another thread, that RFC is like the 'bermuda triangle' for young kids, drafted the club with skills and talent.......where their positive play and sublime disposal, disappears after 1-2 years of being at Punt Road.

Lids is being sucked into this vortex......Bling, JON, Raines, etc will follow.

I posted something very similar after the Carlton loss. It's called the vortex of mediocrity and it sucks any ability out of players as soon as they walk through the door at the dump that is Punt Road. Deledio and Tambling were better players at U/18 level than they are now.

The development of players at RFC is just *smile*ed :veryupset :veryupset :veryupset

Just amazing isn't it?
Deledio has all the natural talent in the world but isn't working anywhere near hard enough.

He's been virtually guaranteed a position in the team since the day he was drafted and probably recognises he could play in cruise control and never get dropped in his career at Tigerland. However he won't be a great player taking that road.

The sceptic in me can't help but think if he was drafted by another club, even at 20 he'd be a superstar already.
For many apparent reasons, at Richmond that's not happening.... yet.

Frustrating. :don't know

Right at this time though I don't think Deledio is worthy to be the next Captain of the RFC.

Inspector said:
Brett should be able to take on the opposition I mean the guy is 189cms & 81kgs ok probably needs to put on 5 kgs but just needs to attack the lines take'em on Brett!!! We need tough hard bodied mids to rough up the other sides ala Pavlich!!!

Brett right now I imagine would be alot closer to the 90kg mark and is just about ready in terms of his body to tear the competition apart.

The lack of development /commitment of Brett Deledio in 2007 is one of the most dissapointing things this year for mine.

Not happy Brett - You look absolutely Lazy.

Advice - spend less time with Krakouer and Pettifer out of football.

Brett has done ABSOLUTE NOTHING AS OF YET to deserve being Richmond's next Captain.
You got to earn that right...but mind you we gave Bruce Monteath the captaincy and we won our last flag :rofl

It's interesting how everybody has been screaming the house down(including yours truly) for Deledio to play in the midfield.

Well Terry played him there against the Cats and Ling restricted him to one handball for a half of football. One handball. It would fall into your arms that often without trying. :-\

It's all very well to suggest he's going to be a gun midfielder and perhaps we need to keep persevering for a while yet but perhaps..just perhaps TW knew what he was doing when he played him off the HBF.

He really needs to lift his intensity off the ball as well if he's ever going to be the elite midfielder that we hope. To date we haven't seen any sign of that happening.

akhoury said:
Inspector said:

Brett right now I imagine would be alot closer to the 90kg mark and is just about ready in terms of his body to tear the competition apart.
Yeah hes 89 kilos, 189 cms, in a way hes a big boy. He is going to be such a great player for us in the future, but at the moment yeah hes struggling at the moment, i reckon a few more games he will be fine.
Its his 50th this week aswell i think. :clap

Most of us including myself have been comparing Bling to Franklin and it is odviouse Franklin is miles ahead.

What has Deledio done this year and even last year to get away scott free, He has done nothing, I don't even think he was being tagged on the weekend???
No doubt he is thinking about a fat offer from the bummers or carlton scum.
Terry and Miller must answer for there recruiting stuff ups.

Were are these players at do you think??

Meyer - un interested
Casserly - wouldn't have a clue
Patterson - not up to it, basketballer
Polo - struggling
Jon - talented but?
Deledio - over rated
Tambling - over rated

These are our so called fab 4, gun recruits set to change the world for us all.
I'm very dissapointed that Tambo is the only one copping it as none of them are as good as Franklin and Hawthorns kids are 10 times better than ours as are most clubs.

Thoughts??

jamo said:
Most of us including myself have been comparing Bling to Franklin and it is odviouse Franklin is miles ahead.

What has Deledio done this year and even last year to get away scott free, He has done nothing, I don't even think he was being tagged on the weekend???
No doubt he is thinking about a fat offer from the bummers or carlton scum.
Terry and Miller must answer for there recruiting stuff ups.

Were are these players at do you think??

Meyer - un interested
Casserly - wouldn't have a clue
Patterson - not up to it, basketballer
Polo - struggling
Jon - talented but?
Deledio - over rated
Tambling - over rated

These are our so called fab 4, gun recruits set to change the world for us all.
I'm very dissapointed that Tambo is the only one copping it as none of them are as good as Franklin and Hawthorns kids are 10 times better than ours as are most clubs.

Thoughts??
:help :help :help :help :help You need it. :help :help :help :help

Bit early to be too harsh, jamo. Give the kids the rest of the year.

It's the senior blokes that are in the gun for mine. Start with Johnno and Newy. Awful, ATM.

What matters is that all those kids have potential and have shown it. Much better than what we have recruited in previous years.

So l am happy, are you happy B1?

B2

B1 and B2 said:
What matters is that all those kids have potential and have shown it. Much better than what we have recruited in previous years.

So l am happy, are you happy B1?

B2

Yep happy Banana here also - whilst would love a couple of wins B2 is on the money that the current kids
are on the right path. Its the 5-6 year players like Pettifer, Hall, Schulz (and others) that need looking at.

B1

Our kids are better than most teams and equal with Hawthorn's.

They just have better 22-27yo players to help carry their kids.

If Tambling had Hodge, Crawford, Lewis, Brown, Mitchell etc instead of just Tuck and Johnson then Bling would be starring in their team too.

Who cares about Buddy. Cleve Hughes is averaging 3 goals a game this year too, plus Schulz average 2.5 per game these days, Jack Riewoldt looks to be a star (14 goals in 4 weeks isn't bad!) so we really don't NEED Buddy as our KP forwards are coming along fantastic anyway.

We have heaps of talented midfielders coming through and it will take time for them to have the muscle to compete all game. Bling will be elite, Deledio may not be a midfielder but he's elite wherever he goes. Meyer is the only player capable of being the next Nathan Brown and if you've seen him at COburg recently you would say he will be a gun. JON goes alright for a 5 gamer and at Coburg has shown very promising signs and his talents could take him anywhere (...that's what they said about Buddy mind you!)

Connors should be a classy midfielder, Peterson could be anything from Goodes to nobody, Collins is classier than any pick 70+ player we've ever drafted. Pattison actually impressed me for Coburg the other week, he should be a Benny Gale type who takes a while to come along, and Dean Polo (before Buddy's 9 goals) had put in the BEST performance out of ANY young player from 2004 draft onwards. And it was on debut.

McGuane is shaping up very nicely and Casserly will be one of your favourite players when he debuts. Don't bag Cass, he'll be the Terry Wallace prototype by the end of the year.

So don't jump the guns.

benny_furs said:
Our kids are better than most teams and equal with Hawthorn's.

They just have better 22-27yo players to help carry their kids.

If Tambling had Hodge, Crawford, Lewis, Brown, Mitchell etc instead of just Tuck and Johnson then Bling would be starring in their team too.

Who cares about Buddy. Cleve Hughes is averaging 3 goals a game this year too, plus Schulz average 2.5 per game these days, Jack Riewoldt looks to be a star (14 goals in 4 weeks isn't bad!) so we really don't NEED Buddy as our KP forwards are coming along fantastic anyway.

We have heaps of talented midfielders coming through and it will take time for them to have the muscle to compete all game. Bling will be elite, Deledio may not be a midfielder but he's elite wherever he goes. Meyer is the only player capable of being the next Nathan Brown and if you've seen him at COburg recently you would say he will be a gun. JON goes alright for a 5 gamer and at Coburg has shown very promising signs and his talents could take him anywhere (...that's what they said about Buddy mind you!)

Connors should be a classy midfielder, Peterson could be anything from Goodes to nobody, Collins is classier than any pick 70+ player we've ever drafted. Pattison actually impressed me for Coburg the other week, he should be a Benny Gale type who takes a while to come along, and Dean Polo (before Buddy's 9 goals) had put in the BEST performance out of ANY young player from 2004 draft onwards. And it was on debut.

McGuane is shaping up very nicely and Casserly will be one of your favourite players when he debuts. Don't bag Cass, he'll be the Terry Wallace prototype by the end of the year.

So don't jump the guns.

Magnificently put Benny, its what the Banana's were trying to say in a very inarticulate way!

B1

B1 and B2 said:
Magnificently put Benny, its what the Banana's were trying to say in a very inarticulate way!

B1

That's what l was trying to say also B1 but that would of taken me over 2 hours to post.
B2

I think it's time to stop the what if's and stop the comparisons with other clubs.
Our young crop have all got potential and it's time to develop them for the future of our great club.