Brett Deledio (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Deledio (merged)

Rainsybaby,

I think what you are watching, is caused by the Club.

The way I have seen Lids play this season, is nowhere near as "exciting" as he was in his first year.....because I think he is learning "the Richmond Way".

I stated on another thread, that RFC is like the 'bermuda triangle' for young kids, drafted the club with skills and talent.......where their positive play and sublime disposal, disappears after 1-2 years of being at Punt Road.

Lids is being sucked into this vortex......Bling, JON, Raines, etc will follow.

I thought Brett Deledio was pathetic tonight. I was watching him in the centre and didn't see much. I don't know what his problem is but he needs to step up. Mind you he's hardly alone in this regard.

Last time I looked we had 127 guests and 92 users on line.

Guess they've all come to watch us self-destruct again.

I hate to say it but a lot of 1st and second year players are ( i say looking) better than him -

He looked very disinterested tonight. ( i only saw second half )

Liverpool said:
Rainsybaby,

I think what you are watching, is caused by the Club.

The way I have seen Lids play this season, is nowhere near as "exciting" as he was in his first year.....because I think he is learning "the Richmond Way".

I stated on another thread, that RFC is like the 'bermuda triangle' for young kids, drafted the club with skills and talent.......where their positive play and sublime disposal, disappears after 1-2 years of being at Punt Road.

Geez Liverpool...I know what you're saying...it's been years since we've had a hard ball winner in the midfield...a Weightman, a Rioli, a Lambert, a Knights, a Free...you can only blame our recruitment team and past coaches.

That's why this is an urgent plea to these 2 guys...help Foley out.
And please keep Cam White in the team...he is a good player and showed class at times.
Tuck and Pettifer were again ok in patches...they need to step up a notch too.

Growl said:
Last time I looked we had 127 guests and 92 users on line.

Guess they've all come to watch us self-destruct again.
That'd be the journos.

RainsyBaby said:
Hey Brett...we all know you can play footy...that has never been questioned.

I am concerned that you are not running a straight line...have a look at your team mate in N.Foley...that is called running a straight line...having no fear of the opposition...thinking you can conquer your opponent with a strong mind set. You looked scared there today. You look flash when you have the ball...but you are playing in the "guts"...far too often you go missing when it gets HARD in the middle.

In my eyes you have all the skills but one...and that is the most important...THE DESIRE TO WIN THE HARD BALL.

Richard Tambling if you read this...you are pretty close to fitting the above category.

You're both young...plenty of time to change your ways...but you must act NOW...it is killing our midfield.

I'm not pinning todays massacre only on the 2 of you...but you both are our most skilled runners in the team and we need you both to step up and find that extra COURAGE

RainsyBaby

RB, every time i saw lids he was either sitting on the bench or on the wing, yes he played in the middle but limited time in there he was all over the place FOR GOD SAKE TW JUST LEAVE HIM THERE WEEK IN WEEK OUT, the midfield mainly consisted of foley, Johno and tuck....Ill tell ya now Johno is a joke, he is to slow, to slow to react in the heat of the battle, he should not be in there....Lids has been in our best players pretty much every game this year this was his worst game but mate i think he was not managed properly 2nite and that’s not an excuse.

Bling playing mainly up fwd how many times did we really have it there.

I'm afraid I shudder when I see Buddy Franklin play compared to our Very own Brett Bannick. Says it all really.

AstuteTiger said:
RainsyBaby said:
Hey Brett...we all know you can play footy...that has never been questioned.

I am concerned that you are not running a straight line...have a look at your team mate in N.Foley...that is called running a straight line...having no fear of the opposition...thinking you can conquer your opponent with a strong mind set. You looked scared there today. You look flash when you have the ball...but you are playing in the "guts"...far too often you go missing when it gets HARD in the middle.

In my eyes you have all the skills but one...and that is the most important...THE DESIRE TO WIN THE HARD BALL.

Richard Tambling if you read this...you are pretty close to fitting the above category.

You're both young...plenty of time to change your ways...but you must act NOW...it is killing our midfield.

I'm not pinning todays massacre only on the 2 of you...but you both are our most skilled runners in the team and we need you both to step up and find that extra COURAGE

RainsyBaby

RB, every time i saw lids he was either sitting on the bench or on the wing, yes he played in the middle but limited time in there he was all over the place FOR GOD SAKE TW JUST LEAVE HIM THERE WEEK IN WEEK OUT, the midfield mainly consisted of foley, Johno and tuck....Ill tell ya now Johno is a joke, he is to slow, to slow to react in the heat of the battle, he should not be in there....Lids has been in our best players pretty much every game this year this was his worst game but mate i think he was not managed properly 2nite and that’s not an excuse.

Bling playing mainly up fwd how many times did we really have it there.

AT if you get the chance to see the replay you will know why Deledio was dragged on a couple of occasions...he was the main culprit of Geelong getting the ball out of the middle so often and so easily...he didn't go to battle today...he "wimped" it...I know the kid is good but he needs to win the HARD BALL...we don't want him becoming a Tivendale...if he is not prepared to put his body on the line...play him on the wing or half forward...it's the HARD BALL get that has killed us in recent years.

Liverpool said:

I posted something very similar after the Carlton loss. It's called the vortex of mediocrity and it sucks any ability out of players as soon as they walk through the door at the dump that is Punt Road. Deledio and Tambling were better players at U/18 level than they are now.

The development of players at RFC is just *smile* :veryupset :veryupset :veryupset

Also when the Pussies player had you on the ground roughing you up show some :boxing dont let yourself get pushed around for :police: sake.

Disappointing output from Deledio tonight. Everyone is entitled to a bad game on occasions but on a night like tonight you really need some of your better players to stand up and make a difference.

Deledio started in the middle and didn't get a touch in the first half.
Tambling hurt his shoulder and spent a lot of time on the pine but while he was on had very little influence.
Danny Meyer also had no influence and didn't run hard enough or look hungry enough for mine.

Very disappointing output from three players that were 1st round draft picks from a few years back and whom you would expect better from.

Hopefully they learn from this and realise that they weren't hungry enough and vow never to have a repeat performance like that again.

Laff said:
I'm afraid I shudder when I see Buddy Franklin play compared to our Very own Brett Bannick. Says it all really.

Here hear Laff
The dream team ofBrett Banik and Richie Lounder!!!

Laff said:

Laff agree...Buddy looks the goods...fearless