Brett Ratten sacked | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brett Ratten sacked

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
That's terrible.
Poor bloke has had a horrible few years.
Hope he cashes out of the footy game and has some time with his family.
Good bloke who has been dealt a bad hand.

Reactions: 8 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
That's terrible.
Poor bloke has had a horrible few years.
Hope he cashes out of the footy game and has some time with his family.
Good bloke who has been dealt a bad hand.
Will be an assistant to Clarko

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Reckon Ratts got the best out of the list at his disposal. That combined with a newly signed 2 year contract to run and the timing, makes the decision mind boggling.

Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
They must have been courting someone behind his back, surely. Staggering timing.

You'd assume it's one of the bigger names that get spoken about: Lyon, Hird, Figgy, maybe Leon Cameron

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I normally find the hubris and short memories around other clubs a bit unedifying but I'm all in here.

This is just a terrible decision, simply awful and I'd hope it will condemn them to years in the wilderness.

Carlton people speak very highly of Ratten as a coach and everyone speaks very highly of him as a man. Disgraceful really and exactly why I always say players should look after themselves and not the clubs.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They must have been courting someone behind his back, surely. Staggering timing.

You'd assume it's one of the bigger names that get spoken about: Lyon, Hird, Figgy, maybe Leon Cameron
Yep, seems too obvious with this sudden act.

Reactions: 1 users