Bring on 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bring on 2024

I get the feeling the club is a little fractured at the moment, seems to be quiet a few not overly happy at the moment, hopefully over the pre season they can reconnect.
Thats the feeling I'm getting too.

In fact I've had it for a couple of years, I think its more than a fracture now with Hardwick walking out and ripping the arse out of the joint.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
I get the feeling the club is a little fractured at the moment, seems to be quiet a few not overly happy at the moment, hopefully over the pre season they can reconnect.
Your being polite. These internal issues need to be resolved ASAP otherwise we might be entering another shiit era. Of players wanting to leave and players not wanting to come. If a player wants out show them the door.
Yze has 3 months to bring the group together otherwise we will see a very not connected club once again in 2024.
Fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
If a few players felt uncomfortable at the JDM, I hate to think how they might feel walking into Day 1 of Pre-Season.

If new coach believes that standards have dropped, then look out.

Reactions: 6 users
If a few players felt uncomfortable at the JDM, I hate to think how they might feel walking into Day 1 of Pre-Season.

It's what the club needs. Complacency has been very evident since we won the 2020 flag; our results are evidence of that. Even 2022 when we made the finals was a shitshow. Nothwithstanding the garbage ARC call, we still should have won that game. How do 3 RFC players not kill that ball and let *smile* Joe Daniher toe one over the line for a goal. Embarrassing. How many close games did we blow through ridiculous decision making and horrendous skill execution? Cost us a top 4 spot and a real shot at a flag.

The playing and coaching side of the club needs a complete reset. If players are uncomfortable with that then too bad. Performances of the past 3 seasons leave no room for anyone to be comfortable. Hopefully Yze is the right man to lead the reset.

Regardless I have no great expectations for next season. I believe we are little chance of making the finals. I just want to see development in our game plan and the way we play; with a much greater emphasis on a high level of skill execution and conversion of inside 50 entries. We have been a team of butchers and it is very frustrating to watch.

Reactions: 23 users
It's what the club needs. Complacency has been very evident since we won the 2020 flag; our results are evidence of that. Even 2022 when we made the finals was a shitshow. Nothwithstanding the garbage ARC call, we still should have won that game. How do 3 RFC players not kill that ball and let *smile* Joe Daniher toe one over the line for a goal. Embarrassing. How many close games did we blow through ridiculous decision making and horrendous skill execution? Cost us a top 4 spot and a real shot at a flag.

The playing and coaching side of the club needs a complete reset. If players are uncomfortable with that then too bad. Performances of the past 3 seasons leave no room for anyone to be comfortable. Hopefully Yze is the right man to lead the reset.

Regardless I have no great expectations for next season. I believe we are little chance of making the finals. I just want to see development in our game plan and the way we play; with a much greater emphasis on a high level of skill execution and conversion of inside 50 entries. We have been a team of butchers and it is very frustrating to watch.
You got this right!
If players are not happy, we need to find out why or move them on . It happens in industry so why not on sport? A new coach and a couple of new assistants should be the catalyst to start a rebuild post Dimma ready for a serious tilt in season 2025

Reactions: 1 users
Is it possible that the players wanted Mini, and when the club went with Yze, it has pissed them off. If that’s the case, then the players need a hard reality check. The tail doesn’t wag the dog, and I hope Yze is strong enough to work his way through a potentially very difficult 12 month period

Reactions: 9 users
The club seems to be keeping its recruiting plans very quiet at the moment and haven't joined in the player merry-go-round player movement. I suppose changing of the head coach is one of the reasons or that no one is overly interested in joining us as yet

Good. From the outside it seems there’s a few players still drinking their own bath water and the club still basking in the glory years. Needs a good freshen up before it’s 30 years of rubbish again. If you live in the past, you die in the present - Yze is the man.

Reactions: 3 users
Good. From the outside it seems there’s a few players still drinking their own bath water and the club still basking in the glory years. Needs a good freshen up before it’s 30 years of rubbish again. If you live in the past, you die in the present - Yze is the man.
I don’t think it’s only the players drinking their own bath water.

Reactions: 1 user
after watching the JDM i am a little flat about my expectations for 2024

too many experienced players have flatlined or worse - These players have experienced premiership and may lack the desire to continue to improve

the youth are still just trying to establish themselves as regulars - focussed on individual performance more than team performance

unfortunately, i think Yze will have his work cut out to improve team results

• Sad
Surprise surprise… getting shafted by the AFL once again. Guess who will be taking on the season opener now?

Wonder if they’ll get Dreamtime as well? Maybe they should play back to back Anzac Eve and Anzac Day?

Not even sure we play Carlton round one anymore. They’ve just dismantled this game on a whim.

Surprise surprise… getting shafted by the AFL once again. Guess who will be taking on the season opener now?

Wonder if they’ll get Dreamtime as well? Maybe they should play back to back Anzac Eve and Anzac Day?

Not even sure we play Carlton round one anymore. They’ve just dismantled this game on a whim.
I'm over the Thursday night opener. Play it on a Friday night different story.