Bring on 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bring on 2024

Everyone has written us off.

Most are saying bottom 4.

Go Tigers

Reactions: 1 users
Yep speed kills.

I’m expecting significant changes to the 22. Expect to see much more of Clarke, Coulthard, Campbell, Tresize, Brown, Banks etc

Could be a real different look to what we have had.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Yep speed kills.

I’m expecting significant changes to the 22. Expect to see much more of Clarke, Coulthard, Campbell, Tresize, Brown, Banks etc

I Hope Please GIF

• Haha

Go Tigers
As laughable as it gets. All ladders based on final ladder this season. IMO, the Lions will fall and Hawks rise.

Reactions: 1 user
Going to be very interesting next year once kids start getting more opportunities..

Really impressed by several of them this season.

Won't be surprised if it turns quickly & we improve because of departures rather than the other way around.

No ceiling indeed.

Reactions: 7 users

Go Tigers
That’s largely what I expect. It’s going to take Yze time to see what he’s dealing with.

I hope Yze and his assistants look at some of our younger players and gives them the confidence during pre season training that there are spots up for grabs.

I want to see some positional changes.

Something left field.

Some hope.

Personally I would look at our HBacks , Wings ,HF, Centre and try new personnel there.

Kicking skills, Speed, two way running are paramount in my eyes.

I’m looking at each line having the prerequisites that I’ve highlighted above and if not unfortunately you will see more VFL minutes than AFL minutes.

Pre season from the start, kicking skills need to be addressed if we want to climb.

Of course there are others, but Yze number 1 priority has to be skills.

Skills
——-

What game plan is going to be implemented to assist the players be better:

-Kicking
-Hand balling
-Contest
-Tackling
-Marking technique
-Ball movement
-Work rate

Waiting’s thoughts
——————————

Go Tigers
Who cares what they think. Most are pencil-necks who've never kicked a footy in their life.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Not sure why we appointed a head coach.
Apparently its the assistants who win flags.

1696212753387.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yep speed kills.

I can see the Tigers bring more offensive from the wings using blokes who can cut through by foot.

I can see the Tigers bring more offensive from the wings using blokes who can cut through by foot.
Craigo that’s what I would be looking at:

Wings. My thought. Hear me out is:

DRioli on one wing and Short on the other or Shai Bolton….

I’m pessimistic.

Core players are in decline/retiring and what is coming up through the ranks does not look like getting anywhere near replacing the level of output lost.

Having traded out our draft capital for this year, we have very few options to add talent into the side at least in the short term unless we trade more future picks or players and there are massive risks with both those options.

I’m prepared for things to get a lot worse before they start getting better again. But then again, what do I know?

What I am hoping to see is adjustments to the game plan and personnel changes in line with this
Kingsley is the model to follow Clear game plan
Players who play to that play picked
Stick to the plan even when the inevitable short term pain occurs

What I am hoping to see is adjustments to the game plan and personnel changes in line with this
Kingsley is the model to follow Clear game plan
Players who play to that play picked
Stick to the plan even when the inevitable short term pain occurs
I’d like to see a more adventurous style of footy. We used to be the best at it, now GWS and Collingwood are. We’ve gone to playing a stodgy style of footy (with some very poor skills)