Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

We'd have to trade for Piglet. I'd give a 4th round and a crayon drawing my boy did when he was 3. Anything more than that, and is a massive pass.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
We were playing Hig in the 2’s before and after his brain stuff. He made the right choice by trying for a fresh go at the Saints and he’s made a great fist of it there kicking 27/30/36 goals in his 3 years there. He made a great decision for his career and in turn life by doing that, but the holier-than-thou here have got a chip on their shoulder about it still which is a laff.

Would love to get him back, but he’s the one that would have no reason to come back. Good on him.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
We were playing Hig in the 2’s before and after his brain stuff. He made the right choice by trying for a fresh go at the Saints and he’s made a great fist of it there kicking 27/30/36 goals in his 3 years there. He made a great decision for his career and in turn life by doing that, but the holier-than-thou here have got a chip on their shoulder about it still which is a laff.

Would love to get him back, but he’s the one that would have no reason to come back. Good on him.
Why though? He openly disrespected some of our players (esp Grimes) a number of times and is a complete tool of a bloke. No love between those two.

These were some of the kids we missed out selecting him. ***
Imagine Allen
Or Taylor
Or Kelly
I'm shocked we didn't take Will Walker with our 2nd pick, our recruiting guys were still at the pub celebrating Screenshot_20230920_185207_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Allen the most significant miss there.

We took Balta so no real surprise with Rance Astbury Grimes and Broad we didnt take Taylor.

Thank the Lord for the arrows, I’d be lost without them.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

43 games in 3 years after being drafted, his first year being the year after a premiership. His 2nd and 3rd being premiership years. That and his brain injury, his calf injury. It wasn’t lack of opportunity he left. He’s just a *smile*.

Reactions: 6 users
His brain fart issues, before he was diagnosed were likely the reason he was playing magoos in the first place. Pretty sure from memory, he had two bouts of surgery to correct his brain fart issues and then once he got the medical all clear to resume his career. It would have been a slow build back up to fitness and intensity in his recovery phase, hence playing magoos again. Club did everything possible to support n develop Higlet during two seasons of brain fart and for all of that, he couldn't pack up the kit bag n *smile* off to St Kiddenme ( and only St Kiddenme ) quick enough.

Luckily for Higlet, he's completely missed out on three premierships at Tigerland and now ensconced firmly at St Kiddenme where he's won nearly as many premierships in his career as St Kiddenme have won in their entire 150 year existence. *smile* em both they're perfectly suited to one another.

Reactions: 1 user

Ummm no. I think you are the one with it round the wrong way. Played 2's before his brain surgery? Well thats the 1st thing wrong with your post.

Played 20 games in his first year (2018) which was after we'd won the premiership with our mosquito fleet.
Then played the first 13 games of 2019 before he was pulled from playing for his blurred vision during games, which was when he was diagnosed with the brain bleed, so he played 33 games of a possible 38 after we had drafted him before he was diagnosed with the brain issues. Not playing 2's in the slightest.

He missed the rest of 2019. He missed Rd 1 in 2020 and then played the next 9 games, before he was dropped, so at that stage when he was dropped he had played 42 games out of a possible 48 that he was eligible to be picked for.

Sure he then only played once more that season for 1 game out of our last 11 games, but that was clearly due to form not due to lack of opportunity.

Lack of opportunity was at the time a *smile* reason for leaving and it still is, and it seems time has made this easier in your mind. In my eyes, we gave him every opportunity to succeed, was dropped due to form issues and couldn't get back in a premiership winning team and he then threw the toys out of the pram.

Reactions: 6 users
Higgins has only ever been about Higgins

To be fair to him though, he seemingly has very limited capacity to make something of himself outside of footy. The stories of him leaving school to pursue an AFL career tend to underline this. It was a pretty big risk. But then again, he struck me as being a plain simple old dill.

I don't disagree with a lot of the criticism on here, and I would not really want him back when it is all said and done.

However, I think a lot of his decision making off the footy field is centered around this notion of maximising while he can.

Not sure if he made the right decision.......