Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Comparisons with Zorko and Merrett being made.

Well if hes as good as the Zork or Merrett then we have done very well.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:

First nick that crossed my mind i must admit also Olden :hihi

I know a couple of peeps with the surname Higgins and their nicknames are Missy and ones a bloke ;D

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
craig said:
Comparisons with Zorko and Merrett being made.

Well if hes as good as the Zork or Merrett then we have done very well.

If his as good as Zorko then we paid overs.
Lions got him as a rookie ;)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
gutfull said:
Cc tiger NO chance he takes Butlers spot round 1..
Been wrong before gutfull, however I think it’s a big chance, I think the round 1 forward half will be much
Different to the premiership one, as silly as that may sound

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Love his comment where he says most players will be shocked at the amount of work required at AFL level, "I WON'T BE ONE OF THEM"

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Been wrong before gutfull, however I think it’s a big chance, I think the round 1 forward half will be much
Different to the premiership one, as silly as that may sound
I think you’re onto something CC. I had the same thought, although maybe not Rd 1.

healp11

Tiger Cub
May 18, 2014
caesar said:
Love his comment where he says most players will be shocked at the amount of work required at AFL level, "I WON'T BE ONE OF THEM"

Yep and he can back that comment up as well.
He has been training with Christian Woodford since he is 14 he also has had a running coach since he was 13 and a core strength coach for the past year. Practices 'touch skills' close quarters kicking and hand passing 45 minutes every day. During the 2017 season he reviewed the highlights and lowlights of every game with his TAC cup coach and his Caulfield grammar coach. Because of all the work he puts in he has not been injured once in the past 4 years, excellent biomechanics. This kid is the very definition of a professional he has been preparing for day 1 of preseason at an afl club for the past 4 years.

Here is a fantastic 40 minute interview with Christian Woodford Pre draft about how phenomenal his work ethic and professionalism is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhO7uAv7R4E

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
healp11 said:
Yep and he can back that comment up as well.
He has been training with Christian Woodford since he is 14 he also has had a running coach since he was 13 and a core strength coach for the past year. Practices 'touch skills' close quarters kicking and hand passing 45 minutes every day. During the 2017 season he reviewed the highlights and lowlights of every game with his TAC cup coach and his Caulfield grammar coach. Because of all the work he puts in he has not been injured once in the past 4 years, excellent biomechanics. This kid is the very definition of a professional he has been preparing for day 1 of preseason at an afl club for the past 4 years.

Here is a fantastic 40 minute interview with Christian Woodford Pre draft about how phenomenal his work ethic and professionalism is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhO7uAv7R4E

Watched that and the other bloke rants on a fair bit but gives some good insights into Jack.

Love the pick.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
mad_tiggy911 said:
His best beep was 15.3 and sub 3 sec for 20m.

MadT if you can direct me where it say's he has done a sub 3 sec for 20 it would be much appreciated.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
caesar said:
MadT if you can direct me where it say's he has done a sub 3 sec for 20 it would be much appreciated.

Don't think that is correct, 3.07 is the best time.

Daigoro

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 20, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Don't think that is correct, 3.07 is the best time.
Bullus, if you have the data can you give us the success rate on sub 180cm players who run over 3s for 20 metres? Is it a concern?