Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
bullus_hit said:
Higgins is a gem, stoked to get him and I know he'll give 100%. Fantastic attitude and he's the type who will live and breathe football. Dimma will embrace him and I suspect the rest of the squad will too.

Watched his interview with Ivy. Seems to have enthusiasm oozing out of every pore.
That will re-energize any group. :)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Watched his interview with Ivy. Seems to have enthusiasm oozing out of every pore.
Ace interview. Reminds me of Sam Mitchell, albeit not quite the kicking precision.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
plays mid and gets pocketfuls of contested ball ? runs faster than 3secs? hard, dedicated, gut busting.
same size as Lambert. taller than Prestia. that's his future role.
sounds like a super pick

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tigers of Old said:

Never seen a happier draftee in all my life! 100% is what you will get from this little fella.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
lamb22 said:
K3. Happy with the pick. Recruiters seem to overlook these types even though they dominate at the junior level.

If Jack makes it it basically cements in my mind take the footballer over the athlete.

On my limited viewing of his highlights he appears to have succeeded through hard work as there appears to be little natural physical ability in his game. His kicking is very accurate but not very fluent but accurate is probably much more important than fluent.

I am really intrigued to see how it pans out.

If he succeeds due to hard work in spite of little natural physical ability, that's not a win for natural footballers, it's a win for having an insatiable appetite to constantly improve and get the very best out of yourself. So it sounds like you're saying that it's the unobservable stuff that happens in their head that counts the most, regardless of whether they lean more as a footballer/athlete. And Jack absolutely excels between the ears. I hope you're right!

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
When his body is ready for 1s he is going to walk into the side, contribute and someone will have to make way and become a depth player. Love it - you just know he is going to succeed.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
Never seen a happier draftee in all my life! 100% is what you will get from this little fella.

Thought that too caesar. Geez, how happy was he. Reckon he will be at the club this morning.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Alot is being made about his height and speed but he is 178cm (2cm shorter than Z.Merrett) and ran a 3.10 2mtr, But this kid is extremely quick in the mind and is a natural footballer - Zorko comparison wouldn't be too far off - Im seeing a genuine inside/outside mid and is he was 7-8 cm taller would have gone inside to 7.

Very very good footballer

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
turk-d-tiger said:
Alot is being made about his height and speed but he is 178cm (2cm shorter than Z.Merrett) and ran a 3.10 2mtr, But this kid is extremely quick in the mind and is a natural footballer - Zorko comparison wouldn't be too far off - Im seeing a genuine inside/outside mid and is he was 7-8 cm taller would have gone inside to 7.

I thought in his highlights he looked a bit like Zorko in movement, though not as quick or as good of disposal in the bit I saw, Zorko is AA of course.

I think he will take Butlers spot come round 1

funky

Tiger Superstar
Nov 27, 2009
Just love it when new recruits are the moon to be at this great club richmond are the new geelong
Destination club.

Ollie

Tiger Cub
Jul 23, 2016
funky said:
Just love it when new recruits are the moon to be at this great club richmond are the new geelong
Destination club.
we are not the new geelong

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:

Yeah, I was no fan half way through the year but we won a premiership based on a certain style and he fits that style perfectly. And he wins his own footy and is smart with the ball. I think we drafted him as a mid who can rotate forward, not the other way around.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
turk-d-tiger said:

Heard him say they called him short arse or similar. He joined the gym, practice alot and with determination he make the under 16's,1's & 18's where the others failed.

one game against SA, someone in the crowd was giving him stick, he kicked a beautiful goal turned around and said what about that one? He has the willingness to do well and will thrive in our current culture.
Great pick up

MorrisMinor

Tiger Rookie
Mar 24, 2014
OK.. watched his highlights... so for those old enough to remember...
Reminds me a bit of a young Leigh Matthews !