Caleb Daniel | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Caleb Daniel

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He's looks a beauty. Was hoping we'd be able to take him last year, but happy with our lot.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Havent seen him yet .......... does he look like Micky McKenna and Phil Narkle did like a Helmet running around with a small man underneath it

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
craig said:
Havent seen him yet .......... does he look like Micky McKenna and Phil Narkle did like a Helmet running around with a small man underneath it

He does remind me of the old firm, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in agility and tenacity. He played on the wing in the SANFL so it will be interesting to see if he can make the step in the AFL. From all reports his sprint times have improved markedly and he has employed a sprint coach to improve his acceleration. He's not slow by any means but he'll need to get some added dash into his first 3 steps.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
craig said:
I likened him to Paul Callery

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
I likened him to Paul Callery

Former Richmond fitness advisor, remember him well as he used to give me a free pass to the change rooms after matches.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Former Richmond fitness advisor, remember him well as he used to give me a free pass to the change rooms after matches.

We all had to fight for front spot, wait outside and squeeze in through those tight doors while you got in easily. Cheat. ;D

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
He looks the goods. Height doesn't matter if you're always buzzing around in space due to top level speed, agility, endurance combined with footy nous.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Saw some highlights, his movement is outstanding. Always seems to make that extra bit of space.

Dogs look to have nailed their past few drafts.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This kid is a gun. Doesn't waste a possession and knows how to find it. Well done Bullus - good call.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Harry said:
This kid is a gun. Doesn't waste a possession and knows how to find it. Well done Bullus - good call.

Total gun, reckon if you redid the 2014 draft right now and I reckon he's top 5.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Have been mulling over potential recruits for or third rounder and this little pocket rocket screams pick me. He's a midget at 168cm but he's every bit a footballer and would be a great replacement for Jake King. I just don't have any knocks on him apart from size, I look at guys like Jake Neade who is only 3 cm taller and I've come to the conclusion he can make an impact. He has a 16.1 beep under his belt, can run a sub 3sec/20 metres, can kick on both feet with above average accuracy, can apply great defensive pressure and can play both inside & out. What's not to like? Size, that's it, but he's the same height as Boomer so if you're good enough there is a role in AFL. If he's available by our 3rd pick I'd be very tempted, he's the exact type who could reap big rewards for such a lowly pick.

Not a bad get, Bully. :beer

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Dyer'ere said:
Not a bad get, Bully. :beer

Yep called Bully out in Prestia thread when btoz just cant accept a small player is worthwhile...

Good call, i was hoping for us to grab him and he's looking every bit the 200 gamer now!

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
But if was around at our next pick 50 who would you pick in hindsight, Daniel or Oleg?
For me I would pick Oleg every day.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
his in tight movements and delivery under pressure reminded me of maurice rioli, a superb little footballer whos just made for finals type game pressure.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
I knew Caleb was good.
But I didn't know just how good he was.
After Thursday night, I've changed my mind about drafting midgets.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Love this kid.

Has all the tools. Doggies took the punt on him with the knock being his size.

The old saying " good things come in small packages" !

In comparison what's Prestias height to Caleb?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It's funny how football works.

We saw Daniel get best on Thursday night and then we saw Boomer retire Saturday night.

Caleb was Boomer like Thursday night. The torch has been passed.