Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
So Glenn Luff seems to think 38 is sufficient and doesn’t want to use pick 20 in the ND or pick 1 in the PSD for CJ. Do we call his bluff? I think North should be looking to find a late 20s or early 30s pick if that’s their position.

Luff is a dumb campaigner. CCJ will be at the Gold Coast if he doesn't cough up pick 20.

Reactions: 4 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Luff is a dumb campaigner. CCJ will be at the Gold Coast if he doesn't cough up pick 20.
Heard him on the radio too KK.
sounded pretty arrogant too, we all remember him as the guy from Champion Data - what a *smile* scenario this one is with CCJ; why the f... didnt he choose GCS.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Will we even want pick 38 with our current hand? Unless we're eying off another first round such as the Dogs (who need points). Also, how many list spots do we need to fill? Assume we'll need to delist a few more if in fact we do take this haul to the draft.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Will we even want pick 38 with our current hand? Unless we're eying off another first round such as the Dogs (who need points). Also, how many list spots do we need to fill? Assume we'll need to delist a few more if in fact we do take this haul to the draft.
Well we have 38 already. So North will be offering 39?

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Heard him on the radio too KK.
sounded pretty arrogant too, we all remember him as the guy from Champion Data - what a *smile* scenario this one is with CCJ; why the f... didnt he choose GCS.
Was trying to play it cool but came across as a complete campaigner - keep that up and they'll be comparing him to Dudodoro without any photos to save his career

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We as Richmond Supporters endorse the club to start Operation: *smile* North if they won't cough up Pick 20.

Destroy their pissant club. Pick the eyes out of their juniors. Stuff their salary cap by competing for players like Tarryn Thomas etc.

Don't let up until they're in Tasmania

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
We as Richmond Supporters endorse the club to start Operation: *smile* North if they won't cough up Pick 20.

Destroy their pissant club. Pick the eyes out of their juniors. Stuff their salary cap by competing for players like Tarryn Thomas etc.

Keep agitating to have the soft cap increased so that they can’t compete off field.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

We should have had Simpkin anyway. But the AFL once again change the rules on the fly and we cop it.

• Angry

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Heard him on SEN ( they had a clip of what he said) and would love someone to clarify his reasoning.

‘pick 38 is fair due to history of big men or ruckman going at that pick’. I was half asleep so I could have it all wrong.

Hope we play hard ball. RFC and force CJ to the PD and Nth use their first pick on him (as they possibly would want to use it on another player).

Get somehow GC involved?
Issue is he is not contracted.

This also will cause bad blood between Nth and us.
His manager with us.
His relationships and friendships at the RFC ( if many) just as Higgins did before him.

I think it’s somewhat left a bad taste in my mouth’ a bad souvlaki /kebab taste ‘ after the RFC stood by him and cost a RFC employee their job/or club a huge $ in paying his fine. (? Apologies if I have that all wrong).

RFC don’t relent. Pick 20 is what he is worth.

If Cerra is worth what pick 6 ( that’s what Fremantle are asking for due to 3-4 years development & potential than pick 20 is more than adequate due to CJ being a tall, 4 years development and future potential.

Reactions: 6 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Norths pick might be pushed out to 40 if Swans receive similar compo for Hewitt.
When u include the NGA and F/S picks it will be more like 45 - that's why the campaigner from #lolnorf said 'thereabouts' when they mentioned pick 38.

Hope we tell them to jam that pick where the sun don't shine and take Thomas or Simpkin next year instead.

Reactions: 1 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Heard him on SEN ( they had a clip of what he said) and would love someone to clarify his reasoning.

‘pick 38 is fair due to history of big men or ruckman going at that pick’. I was half asleep so I could have it all wrong.

Hope we play hard ball. RFC and force CJ to the PD and Nth use their first pick on him (as they possibly would want to use it on another player).

Get somehow GC involved?
Issue is he is not contracted.

This also will cause bad blood between Nth and us.
His manager with us.
His relationships and friendships at the RFC ( if many) just as Higgins did before him.

I think it’s somewhat left a bad taste in my mouth’ a bad souvlaki /kebab taste ‘ after the RFC stood by him and cost a RFC employee their job/or club a huge $ in paying his fine. (? Apologies if I have that all wrong).

RFC don’t relent. Pick 20 is what he is worth.

If Cerra is worth what pick 6 ( that’s what Fremantle are asking for due to 3-4 years development & potential than pick 20 is more than adequate due to CJ being a tall, 4 years development and future potential.

If he was my son Waiting, I would kick his arse all the way round Punt Rd oval into Balmey's office to sign the 2 year deal @$200,000?? the Tiges offered. Also think back in the day, G. Richmond might given him a good smack in the mouth after the *smile* he has caused.

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
So Glenn Luff seems to think 38 is sufficient and doesn’t want to use pick 20 in the ND or pick 1 in the PSD for CJ. Do we call his bluff? I think North should be looking to find a late 20s or early 30s pick if that’s their position.
Luff reckons pick 38 is about right for CJ. He stated that this is what rucks and forwards historically go for.

Not sure what history he is basing it on. There aren't too many that Ruck/Forwards that leave clubs where they are wanted and valued that are wanted..... Nank is probably best comparison I could find.

Nank was drafted at 35.... played 12 games in 3 years.... and reluctantly traded for pick 46.... He knocked back a 2 year contract with Swans to sign a 3 year deal at Tigers.

I still think North are kidding themselves.... Not sure how many players have been traded for a 3rd round pick and given a 4 year contract.... but they can't have it both ways... say he's no good, offer a low pick and at the same time offer him a 4 year contact... and I think the AFL world acknowledged our trade for Nank was highway robbery so not sure it should be the standard.

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
North rumored to be in the hunt for pick 19 from the Suns, has to put 20 back on the table for CJ, or try try to split for an early 30's to trade fro CJ, and a 4th?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The best we will get is #38+Tarrant imo and i would just take that and be done with it but if we could do Cj+#45 for #20 that would be a great result

Maybe if they are feeling generous it might be Cj + #26 for #20+#38

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The best we will get is #38+Tarrant imo and i would just take that and be done with it but if we could do Cj+#45 for #20 that would be a great result

Maybe if they are feeling generous it might be Cj + #26 for #20+#38
I don't understand Chol goes to GC.
Kelly goes to Essendon.
Why hasn't Tarrant moved?

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
The other issue here is it looks like we’re dealing with a moron in this Glenn Luff. All this chest beating talk from a club that survives on equalisation. What a garbage organisation.