Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Sad to say we have a reputation for being weak when it comes to negotiation at the trade table & players and clubs alike take advantage accordingly. Should take a stand by forcing CCJ to the pre season draft if necessary otherwise we will continue to be walk overs

Reactions: 4 users
Fingers crossed North don't back door us.
If Cj goes into the pre-season
Draft
That will be 3 top 20 picks down the drain
Higgins Ellis and now Cj
Higgins didn't go down the drain FFS. we got a trade back, for someone who's missed a year with a brain injury.
You're not keeping your value with that hanging over your head pardon the pun.
Just because you believe something doesn't make it real.
CJ hasn't left yet, which leaves CEllis, I'm assuming. He was exquisitely skilled but had no fire in the belly, and deserves uncatagorically the Zips Dud, Delist tag.

I suspect this will be done relatively easily and early this week.

CJ and a future 4th for Pick 39 and Tarrant.

CJ is worth more than 39, Tarrant is worth more than a future 4th, so balance them out within the trade and move on to other trades.
Unfortunately nothing we could do, but get screwed over by North. Wish we found a way to get that pick 20 off them.

Been said but North can't offer big dollars and 4 years and then say he is only worth a lowly pick.

Reactions: 3 users
Been said but North can't offer big dollars and 4 years and then say he is only worth a lowly pick.
Yes they can unfortunately, especially when we are trying to land Tarrant and protect the Chol compo pick and then there is the PSD threat. They hold the whip hand, no doubt about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Wonder how certain it is that CJ will leave?

We are absolutely smart and ruthless enough to have Callum on-side.

If he has in any way been indoctrinated by our culture, his management would be instructing NMFC to play fair or he stays at Richmond on a 1-2 deal.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s bad management no doubt, however I could handle just saying *smile* off we don’t need anything for you and let the karma bus look after us

It is a major flaw that a club can be so under compensated simply because of the system, in this case because of the PSD.
That being said there is a parallel with Toby Nankervis. Toby played 7 games for the swans in 2016 and a total of 12 in his time there. He was 22 years old when he went to Richmond and we traded a 3rd round draft pick for him.

Reactions: 3 users
We are absolutely smart and ruthless enough to have Callum on-side.

If he has in any way been indoctrinated by our culture, his management would be instructing NMFC to play fair or he stays at Richmond on a 1-2 deal.
That would be amazing if that happened now, I think 99.9% of us would take the four year deal on more money and increased opportunity. This is his income source and he has to look after his own future. We all caught up in the romance of loyalty etc. but this is his life and he has to take the bird in the hand surely.

That would be amazing if that happened now, I think 99.9% of us would take the four year deal on more money and increased opportunity. This is his income source and he has to look after his own future. We all caught up in the romance of loyalty etc. but this is his life and he has to take the bird in the hand surely.
100% about $. Opportunity argument is BS. Riewoldt‘s spot and 2nd ruck is theirs for the taking if he had any heart.

Everyone says we are in a bind with CCJ and North b/c they can push him to the PSD.
But see below for how tough Tom Harley is talking re: Dawson. Harley seems more fierce and up for the fight. And Adelaide can also push for the PSD too. They did it with Hately last year.

What am I missing? Feels like Sydney pushing harder than we are for fair play. Although maybe we are in the background. I especially like Harley's last sentence about being respectful.

Tom Harley
"It is important to note that Jordan has requested a trade. He is not a free agent and there are rules in place for free agency where players can ultimately nominate where they want to play their football, and that is after eight years of qualification, so that is not Jordan’s case," Sydney CEO Tom Harley told the club's website.

"He doesn’t tick that box, but we acknowledge he has requested a trade to South Australia. Kinnear Beatson and Charlie Gardiner will work their way through that.

"But I think it's important for everyone to know that he was and is a big part of our future.

"We had big plans for Jordan, and it was reflected [in the] offer that we put in front of Jordan. So, if there is to be a negotiation there, we would expect that to be respectful and to reflect his standing at our club and the standing in the competition and potential."

Reactions: 7 users
Everyone says we are in a bind with CCJ and North b/c they can push him to the PSD.
But see below for how tough Tom Harley is talking re: Dawson. Harley seems more fierce and up for the fight. And Adelaide can also push for the PSD too. They did it with Hately last year.

What am I missing? Feels like Sydney pushing harder than we are for fair play. Although maybe we are in the background. I especially like Harley's last sentence about being respectful.

Tom Harley
"It is important to note that Jordan has requested a trade. He is not a free agent and there are rules in place for free agency where players can ultimately nominate where they want to play their football, and that is after eight years of qualification, so that is not Jordan’s case," Sydney CEO Tom Harley told the club's website.

"He doesn’t tick that box, but we acknowledge he has requested a trade to South Australia. Kinnear Beatson and Charlie Gardiner will work their way through that.

"But I think it's important for everyone to know that he was and is a big part of our future.

"We had big plans for Jordan, and it was reflected [in the] offer that we put in front of Jordan. So, if there is to be a negotiation there, we would expect that to be respectful and to reflect his standing at our club and the standing in the competition and potential."

Who's to say that we're not saying the same thing behind closed doors.

Reactions: 8 users
Sydney always play hard ball on players wanting to leave. Its been going on since cave men walked the planet.
Foshini, Morwood, Okeith, Plappy, and now Dawson.
The only ones they didn't fight on the way out were Nakas 3 time premiership ruckman and Alir Alir AA Australian.
Sydney are just a stupid Toorak run football club that thinks everyone respects them.
The Buddy deal has bent them over. Suck shitt

Adelaide have pick 4. North have pick 1.

That makes a huge difference in negotiations.

We have basically NO upper hand here.

It stinks but thats the way it is.

Reactions: 1 user

Tom Harley

Who's Tom Harley think he is Robinson Cursoe?
Pay the kid whats he worth and he will stay.
Otherwise keeping paying the show bag Buddy while everyone ia heading for the airport

Adelaide have pick 4. North have pick 1.

That makes a huge difference in negotiations.

We have basically NO upper hand here.

It stinks but thats the way it is.
Don't blame North, if it was us i would no way give pick 20 when i can get him for free in preseason draft.
Its Coleman jones fault for choosing to go to them.
It gives us no leverage in the deal.
Coleman Jones will get booooed like no-one else has ever been booed at.

Until it's done we can continue to try and get him to stay.
I don't think the significance of the fine imposed on the Club last year was lost on either player.
After 4 years in the system, he won't sell us down the drain.
We will improve the offer and continue the negotiation.
North need to make sure they finally get a targeted player across the line.

Until it's done we can continue to try and get him to stay.
I don't think the significance of the fine imposed on the Club last year was lost on either player.
After 4 years in the system, he won't sell us down the drain.
We will improve the offer and continue the negotiation.
North need to make sure they finally get a targeted player across the line.

Yes. CCJ wants to play senior footy but that doesn’t mean he’s on bad terms with us.

We could be in his ear about more $$ for one year then see how the landscape sits.

The onus is on NMFC to be respectful here