Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Lots of clubs looking at rucks and this knob chooses the one scenario that could screw us. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Lots of clubs looking at rucks and this knob chooses the one scenario that could screw us. Unbelievable.

True, but the fact he only has one serious suitor suggests to me that others don’t rate him that highly.

It is clear given the discussions so far between the Tigers and North that there is plenty of room for some to dip in and grab CCJ.

That no one has yet speaks volumes. I know most clubs have tight salary caps, but if you want him he is available.

Reactions: 1 user

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
True, but the fact he only has one serious suitor suggests to me that others don’t rate him that highly.

It is clear given the discussions so far between the Tigers and North that there is plenty of room for some to dip in and grab CCJ.

That no one has yet speaks volumes. I know most clubs have tight salary caps, but if you want him he is available.
Well apparently he rejected a similar deal from GCS. Maybe it’s not that he isn’t rated but more that the terms are a bit over the top at this stage which they probably are.
I’ll be very interested to see what Port can get for Ladhams who I don’t particularly rate. We shall see.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
* and ruckmen

but while we may have lost 30% of our ruck division, i dont reckon weve lost any premiership ruck division

Indeed Ezy. You are a ruck connoisseur and therefore disregard CCJ as a prospect.

NMFC will be looking to replace Goldstein (again) in 2-3 years whilst CCJ kicks 30-40 a year.

Finals a loooong way away.

rocsta75

Tiger Rookie
Sep 18, 2014

I think its more no one is prepared to offer 4-5 years at that money for a player who has played 9 games. Clubs will be looking and saying we cant offer that so why will he chose us.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm sure he will have had suitors but once he called North they will have given up. If North didn't have pick 1 in the PSD I think you would have seen other clubs trying to get involved but they know there is no point now.

Yep. Just like there is no point "convincing him to stay". not gonna happen kids

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yep. Just like there is no point "convincing him to stay". not gonna happen kids
Swans convinced the little fella Paplet to stay.
Was it last year? Significant personal reasons.
Yes he had a contract and CJ doesn't, but clubs can turn them around if they want to.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
* and ruckmen

but while we may have lost 30% of our ruck division, i dont reckon weve lost any premiership ruck division
Not yet. At best he makes it as a Ben Mcevoy.
Has shown soft hands and a deft tap.

But he,s unlikely to make it to our current requirements of Brutus ruck level

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
This line from the Fauves song Kickin’ On will be forever linked to CJ in my mind -

Up and down the street like a hooker on a beat
Look for something to eat and then it's yeeros meat
Ah yeah it's yeeros meat

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
With the amount of picks we have in hand, would we finally accept #lolNorf's 3rd rounder or prefer to let CCJ go in the PSD? Unless we had a suitor willing to trade with that pick, I'm tempted to let him walk to the PSD.

But then I think of how EFC knoblets must feel knowing they let Houli walk to us in the PSD because they wanted more than what we were offering.

Dunno.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Have I heard this right!

If the CJ doesn’t go through today it impacts the ability to obtaining Tarrant.

If someone can clarify the above it would be great because I’m not sure if I heard it correctly.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
There's yer problem right there
No 2 problems are the same.
Swans keeping Paplette is an example of a club not trading a player as he requested.
Kelly at the cats an example of one that didn't work.
CJ is not contracted so can walk, but it might be possible to convince him otherwise. If we wanted to

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
With the amount of picks we have in hand, would we finally accept #lolNorf's 3rd rounder or prefer to let CCJ go in the PSD? Unless we had a suitor willing to trade with that pick, I'm tempted to let him walk to the PSD.

But then I think of how EFC knoblets must feel knowing they let Houli walk to us in the PSD because they wanted more than what we were offering.

Dunno.
I'm almost at the point of thinking the North offer is useless for us now. We have a heap of picks in that range and we can't use them all as it is; what is the point of adding another pick that we can't use. We may as well just let him walk in the PSD if we can't get a better deal out of North. As it stands pick 40 or PSD; the result for us is basically the same.

If we can somehow upgrade our multitude of picks around the 40 mark then the situation will change.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Have I heard this right!

If the CJ doesn’t go through today it impacts the ability to obtaining Tarrant.

If someone can clarify the above it would be great because I’m not sure if I heard it correctly.

Tarrant is an unrestricted free agent so we just lodge the paperwork by end of today (because today is the last day of free agency) and take the hit on the Chol compo

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I'm almost at the point of thinking the North offer is useless for us now. We have a heap of picks in that range and we can't use them all as it is; what is the point of adding another pick that we can't use. We may as well just let him walk in the PSD if we can't get a better deal out of North. As it stands pick 40 or PSD; the result for us is basically the same.

If we can somehow upgrade our multitude of picks around the 40 mark then the situation will change.
We can always trade a pick we don't want to use into next year, especially on Draft night. At some point we will lose a number of Premiership heroes pretty much together. If Cotch, Jack and Sheds all pull the pin next year, we will appreciate having a run of picks in the 40s.

Personally, I would take about 4 or 5 this year and hope to have a couple more in reserve for next year. May as well take a third rounder for CCJ if we have to. You need lots of tickets to win the lottery.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
My understanding is that if Tarrant doesn't accept a contract he will become a delisted free agent automatically so we can then draft him without affecting our compo pick from Chol. I hope that's right.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
We can always trade a pick we don't want to use into next year, especially on Draft night. At some point we will lose a number of Premiership heroes pretty much together. If Cotch, Jack and Sheds all pull the pin next year, we will appreciate having a run of picks in the 40s.

Personally, I would take about 4 or 5 this year and hope to have a couple more in reserve for next year. May as well take a third rounder for CCJ if we have to. You need lots of tickets to win the lottery.
Strictly speaking you only need one ticket to win the lottery. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Tarrant is an unrestricted free agent so we just lodge the paperwork by end of today (because today is the last day of free agency) and take the hit on the Chol compo
Thanks TigerPort that’s what I thought.
So the Chol compo pick where could it land. 48-50?
So my understanding ‘we have to trade’?