Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
My understanding is that if Tarrant doesn't accept a contract he will become a delisted free agent automatically so we can then draft him without affecting our compo pick from Chol. I hope that's right.
Think it does affect our compo pick???

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
My understanding is that if Tarrant doesn't accept a contract he will become a delisted free agent automatically so we can then draft him without affecting our compo pick from Chol. I hope that's right.
Not if he’s been offered a contract by his current club.. Contracts expire 31st October ( I think).
So, the options are
We take him as as UFA which dilutes the Chol compo
We trade for him

He goes into the ND or PSD

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No 2 problems are the same.
Swans keeping Paplette is an example of a club not trading a player as he requested.
Kelly at the cats an example of one that didn't work.
CJ is not contracted so can walk, but it might be possible to convince him otherwise. If we wanted to

Yep, not the same, Papley contracted and CJ not contracted. But I think it's more if he wants to, not if we want to.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
So, we are trading CCJ for Tarrant and Roos 2022 2nd round pick.
Not sure what pick we are giving them back.

KenM

Tiger Cub
Aug 3, 2021
"North Melbourne handed over a future-second round pick, pick No.40 this year and veteran Tarrant in exchange for Coleman-Jones, picks 42, 47 and a future-fourth round pick."

fitchy86

Tiger Cub
Sep 21, 2009
We are giving them this year's pick 42 and 47 (third round picks) plus next year's round 4 pick.

Given you would expect they are still a bottom four team next year, their second next year should be no more then about 25 depending on the state of play with f/s and academy bidding.

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
North’s second rounder should be ok for us - and we keep the Mabs compo. Take it and move on.

Reactions: 3 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I think we have won that trade since Tarrant included in it and we also get a future 2nd rounder back. Time will tell how crap North will be but cant see them being more than semi decent so should be a reasonable pick. We don't need the other picks we gave away and still got 1 close to them back. Great trading I reckon given the circumstances.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That's about the best deal we could have hoped for. Should be a pick between 19-25 next year.

Reactions: 10 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think we have won that trade since Tarrant included in it and we also get a future 2nd rounder back. Time will tell how crap North will be but cant see them being more than semi decent so should be a reasonable pick. We don't need the other picks we gave away and still got 1 close to them back. Great trading I reckon given the circumstances.
Hey shawry.

Plus Chol compo pick kept I assume.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We are giving them this year's pick 42 and 47 (third round picks) plus next year's round 4 pick.

Given you would expect they are still a bottom four team next year, their second next year should be no more then about 25 depending on the state of play with f/s and academy bidding.
So why are we giving them 3 picks back? No idea why next year's round 4 pick has to be thrown in. Taz is UFA and 32 years old. Seems over generous on our part as per usual. Anyway ... probably a useless pick.

EDIT: now seeing claims we are getting pick No.40 this year back. That makes it a really good deal if so. Not to be confused with Chol compo right? Currently #38 (but to drop to 40?)

• Dislike

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
We've got 6 picks in top 40 at this point after this trade, plus an experienced full back for the next two seasons.

Disappointing to lose CCJ, but we now invest in Ryan plus draft key forwards and backs this year if possible.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
looking forward to seeing him get the cold shoulder treatment Higgins gets from the boys

and the disappearance of this thread

tosser

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Bookmark this post.

We will get pick 20 for CCJ. We may have to give a late pick back which will be sold as return for Tarrant but ultimately pick 20 will come our way.

How do I know this?

CCJ is managed by TLA - Ned Kelly sold his business to this international mega sports management company and is still involved. When a manager endorses a players trade request it then becomes their responsibility to make the deal happen and their highest motivation is to get a fair deal for both clubs. This is to ensure they preserve the relationship they have with the clubs but also the other talent they manage from those clubs. Its critical that they don't pee off Cotchin for example who is also managed by TLA.

Ultimately TLA will have significantly more leverage over #lolnorf than we will. They can direct their other clients away from them if they don't deal fairly on a trade. They can tell talent looking to move that norf is too hard to deal with and hence suggest u go to another club instead.

CCJ is a pick 20 with 4 years development and been given a $450kx4yr deal. In every way pick 20 in return is reasonable and potentially unders.

TLA has the power to demand norf hand it over and they will have to. To do otherwise risks their ability to attract future talent and retain existing talent. Far too big a risk to run.

It may take till late in the piece for TLA to play their hand (they will hope the clubs can get their without their intervention). However, they will play it if they have to.

Not exactly what I predicted but very close. We will get pick 19 instead of 20 :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users