Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Smoking Aces said:
Forget the ruck contest - it was man v boy stuff.

But once the ball hit the deck I thought he had the better of Bellchambers.

agree.

should have kicked 2 goals too.

Our expectation of debuts has becomely wonderfully skewed.

Looking at it objectively, I thought it was a very impressive debut from a 19 yo 200/100. very impressive

Looked very good below his knees considering the conditions.

Very promising.

The_General said:
For a kid with 15ish VFL games under his belt, he did OK for his first AFL game. Graph is pointing upwards with a bullet.

actually played 22 VFL games all up

heaps of potential

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Let's be honest, he was thoroughly pantsed. But that's no reflection on him or his potential.

We survived another hit from the AFL.

Thats not my honesty.

He was pansed in the hit outs but held his own around the ground

And should really have scored 1200% more than bellchamber.

Amazing our ruck stocks have gone from wafer thin to quarry deep in 2 years.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Let's be honest, he was thoroughly pantsed. But that's no reflection on him or his potential.

We survived another hit from the AFL.

Agree, he's a few years away, we wouldn't want to be running with him in finals at this stage.

Bellchamberbowl was too strong for him but he stuck at it. could've had a couple of goals. he'll be better for that run.

Looked like a school kid playing with men at times , but a very good school kid

easy said:
Thats not my honesty.

He was pansed in the hit outs but held his own around the ground

And should really have scored 1200% more than bellchamber.

Amazing our ruck stocks have gone from wafer thin to quarry deep in 2 years.

I remember 190cm Nathan Royce vardy ruck for us a whole game.
In 2003.

He went okay. As good as you could expect really. Bellchambers is a mountain compared to CCJ. I thought he would monster him in the ruck duels and that’s what happened. But CCJ battled hard and did some good stuff around the ground.

He’s not ready yet and Soldo will replace him next week. Goldstein would be even harder for him than Bellchambers. But he showed enough to say he could be a good ruck/forward for us down the track.

Good effort CCJ :clap

tigerlove said:
Interestingly CCJ had 3 hitouts to advantage from 10 hitouts, Balta had 0 from 11.

Meh, has little to do with winning. Might as well compare the number of pressure star jumps they did when standing on the mark I reckon. Balta has the edge there.

Around every ruck contest there's always a high number of players focused just waiting to pounce, regardless of who hits it or where it lands. Hitouts to advantage lead to a possession that subsequently becomes the easiest possession to pressure in the entire game, because it's when there's the highest number of nearby players focused, conditioned, and ready to pressure. Thus, it almost always leads nowhere if you look at the result a few seconds after the hitout to advantage.

The 30-55yo football media love traditional big guys that used to dominate footy back in their day, and they're still pushing that narrative from their day. We hear a lot of praise for actions that don't actually seem very effective or common anymore. I reckon Richmond is king of the moneyball stats and we should pay more attention to what Dimma does and doesn't prioritise. Dimma's coaching team is ahead of the game and it's great to see.

DirtyDogTiger said:
I remember 190cm Nathan Royce vardy ruck for us a whole game.
In 2003.

And Razor Ray Hall ;)

Dont mention the war or Adam Pattison, Camel Graham or Rangamania Browne

Ridley said:
He went okay. As good as you could expect really. Bellchambers is a mountain compared to CCJ. I thought he would monster him in the ruck duels and that’s what happened. But CCJ battled hard and did some good stuff around the ground.

He’s not ready yet and Soldo will replace him next week. Goldstein would be even harder for him than Bellchambers. But he showed enough to say he could be a good ruck/forward for us down the track.

Good effort CCJ :clap

Well said