Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Tiger Pops said:
needs 3 BIG years in the gym. Plenty of time on his side.

CCJ is already 102kgs. It is more of experience at VFL level learning how to dominate in this role. It was a big ask and he battled manfully.

Soldo to definitely come back in but that was worth so much for CCJ to understand what level he needs to get to.

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
Ridley said:
He went okay. As good as you could expect really. Bellchambers is a mountain compared to CCJ. I thought he would monster him in the ruck duels and that’s what happened. But CCJ battled hard and did some good stuff around the ground.

He’s not ready yet and Soldo will replace him next week. Goldstein would be even harder for him than Bellchambers. But he showed enough to say he could be a good ruck/forward for us down the track.

Good effort CCJ :clap

x 2 Couldn’t agree more with the above ^^^^

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Ghost of 29 said:
CCJ is already 102kgs. It is more of experience at VFL level learning how to dominate in this role. It was a big ask and he battled manfully.

Soldo to definitely come back in but that was worth so much for CCJ to understand what level he needs to get to.

We sometimes get a bit blinded by mass.

He may be big right now, but there's a big difference between a 19 yo 102 kg, and a 25 yo 102 kg.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
It's all about the core. Simply needs to keep working on his core strength and that comes also with age. Already has the body build. How many 18yo ruckmen get a chance so early in their career at playing a huge game and crowd at the MCG. What a great experience for the young fella.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
yandb said:
So you are saying that CCJ's 3 HTA are better than Soldo's 17HTA ?

I'm saying CCJ is more effective at helping us win football matches than Soldo, hence I wouldn't have dropped him. I consider HTA to be about as effective as a hospital handball, because packs are surrounded by a swarm of players focused and ready to pressure... sure, sometimes a hospital handball leads to something good, but it's not helpful.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
CCJ was exposed last week, would have been 10 times worse tonight against a premier ruckman (who is back in form)

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He's better around the ground and can push forward when Balta rucks, these are higher priorities than winning the meaningless hitout stat. CCJ is an investment into the future and the cost is Soldo's output.

Easy call for mine, just a matter of when.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
123kid said:
He's better around the ground and can push forward when Balta rucks, these are higher priorities than winning the meaningless hitout stat. CCJ is an investment into the future and the cost is Soldo's output.

Easy call for mine, just a matter of when.

Agree just a matter of when but just not quite ready just now

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
columbianfit said:
Missed him tonight

When you think about it, he's not 100% strong in the ruck yet, but could've been a better tall target in attack.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Have watched CCJ in all of his VFL games this year and he does show some good signs IMO. He took a great high pack mark down at the Frankston ground (probably mark of the year in the VFL). He has big Ivan Maric mentoring him so he is in good hands with his development. But I agree that he is just not physically ready yet to take on the big experienced ruckmen of the competition.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
tigerlove said:
He's not ready. Can't see him coming in for Soldo. Soldo is it until Nanks comes back.

Thias will likely be the case.

They wont play CCJ unless its absolutely neccessary.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is progressing very well, after knocking on the door he's decided to kick it down.
With Nank likely to come in for Chol, it looks like CJ will to have to keep biding his time.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The more I see him the more I like, I can see this bloke been AA in time ,won’t be long and he’ll be our starting ruck

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The more I see him the more I like, I can see this bloke been AA in time ,won’t be long and he’ll be our starting ruck
Something to look forward to. ..... with Nank mummifieing a few around the ground!
(That is of course if SHocking hasn't outlawed tackling by then)