Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There is no doubt that CCJ is work in progress but he will be worth it imo. I haven't seen a better prospect as a ruck/forward at RFC since Brad Ottens.

I am a little concerned with his kicking but hopefully they are working on that

Agree with all that Sin. Had his hands full with the seasoned DA though.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I reckon Dave is close to taking the mantle as our most underrated player in the footy world now. He has a bit of competition but he is right up there.
As the immortal Dyer'ereré might say DownthelineDave controls the airways and stops all flights better than the coronavirus

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If CCJ comes good this year, I think we need to look at what we could get for a relatively young dual premiership ruckman. Hate the thought of trading someone like him but he'd be one of our players with currency in a role we can easily fill.

GWS need a ruckman like Nank and Tom Green needs to come home
Will CCJ be a future full time ruck or forward/ruck?
It seems he is training and playing as a forward ruck, so in effect he will step into Jack's possy alongside Big Tom. There aren't any other obvious candidates.

So trading out one full time ruck would leave us without a back up or any in development.
It is a risky call, with a player like Tom Greene setting up a very strong side 2023 at the expense of a player in our 22.
A big gamble

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Will CCJ be a future full time ruck or forward/ruck?
It seems he is training and playing as a forward ruck, so in effect he will step into Jack's possy alongside Big Tom. There aren't any other obvious candidates.

So trading out one full time ruck would leave us without a back up or any in development.
It is a risky call, with a player like Tom Greene setting up a very strong side 2023 at the expense of a player in our 22.
A big gamble

I don't see it as that big a gamble. Ruck Forward for CCJ, rather than Forward Ruck. Lynch has had some training sessions in the ruck. Dunno. But Nank should have currency

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I don't see it as that big a gamble. Ruck Forward for CCJ, rather than Forward Ruck. Lynch has had some training sessions in the ruck. Dunno. But Nank should have currency
Gamble in the sense that if Soldo is injured we would have to play CCJ permanently in the ruck (Or someone like Mabs takes a big step up)
Granted rucks tend to be more consistent these days, much less knee injuries etc)

Admittedly I am emotional and reticent to trade any premiership stars

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Haven't heard of him dominating the 2nds, last thing we need to do is gift games although we need a 2nd ruck. We have too many not doing much as it is.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Must play. Must.

Second ruck to Nank. Or we risk losing him over the border to the big country town in Adelaide.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Must play. Must.

Second ruck to Nank. Or we risk losing him over the border to the big country town in Adelaide.

We can't be bribed to play him.
But i do agree he must be given games now, especially now that we are back to 2016 form

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was very ordinary in today’s scratch match

Sometimes when the kids are constantly knocking down the door but aren't rewarded, you will get flat performances.
He is one kid that we need to all see.
No better time to release him is now.
We can't lose him to GWS without having a good look at him.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
In no way am I advocating trading CCJ,

but if there was a mid season draft on Thursday,

he would attract some Jared Polec-type absurd offers

Bombers, Lions, Giants, Sydney would all offer blank cheques.

I hope he gets a game soon.

He's like having bullion in the safe.

we either have a 10 year genuine first ruckman/forward,

or we have a first rounder from GWS

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He'll be very useful to us when JR8 inevitably retires. Viable marking alternative to Lynch and good marking target around the ground when rucking. Keep.

Reactions: 1 user