Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Remember his first season when his routine was to play two games then have a week off. This went on all season. His body just wasn't ready.

Reactions: 1 user
No need to rest players now.
We have a 'bye' which is a 9 day break, plus there is a pre finals bye.
Soldo will not be rested. Unlikely for CuJo to get a run at it

Reactions: 1 users
Very unlikely. In a tricky spot - Not getting a game or close to it. But not showing his worth to attract much in a trade. VFL form doesn't = early picks.

We wouldn't get a pick inside 35 for him ATM but he's well within his rights to move for more opportunity.

Interesting case.

Reactions: 2 users
Its looking more and more likely Cj will depart.
What's he worth?
1 game.
Are we sure he isn't another Elton, Griffens & McBean?.
If GWS offered us Green? Or Williams?
Or if Adelaide offered pick 19
Who's PRE reserves guru???
Im glad once again Zips you are not in charge of our recruiting we give pick 20 for CCJ and develop him for 3 years and you suggest we trade him for pick 19 in a poor draft year??????????

Is this all hype or media driven ? .The kid is contacted to 2021 number one and let's see retirements at the end of year who knows with Jack.

A shame he got injured. I thought he showed a fair bit in his one game last season. 13 disposals, 3 marks, 5 tackles and 10 hit outs from 63% game time was a tidy debut. Is a better prospect than Chol, who would love to be able get those sort of numbers.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I hope he has spent a bit of time honing his goal kicking because that is my biggest issue with him.

However he is definitely a keeper

Very unlikely. In a tricky spot - Not getting a game or close to it. But not showing his worth to attract much in a trade. VFL form doesn't = early picks.

We wouldn't get a pick inside 35 for him ATM but he's well within his rights to move for more opportunity.

Interesting case.
I don't think he is within his rights to move, he is contracted for 2021. There's no way we'd let him go unless it helped us get something else we wanted. Even so I still think we won't trade him given we don't have a surplus of his type and to replace him we'd either need to draft another young player which will take 3+ years or we'd have to bring someone else in that will cost us in a trade plus they would be on a higher wage.

Interesting case.
VFL form for a tall mobile player who can take a grab and has been developing nicely while our more seasoned/ bigger rucks do the job does = early picks I reckon.

Then there is the media jungle drums factor, players they talk down tend to go for unders, players they talk up go for overs. They have been talking up CCJ

Reactions: 1 user
There’s no reason for him to have declined in value since we drafted him

Interesting case.

He is the most unknown for me. Is he a ruckman who can go forward or a forward who pinch hits as ruck?

I think he is the former, with Soldo showing signs he could be our long term No.1 will CCJ be happy as his backup?

Is he big enough to be a no.1 ruck? He is only 200cm and doesn't have a great leap. He'll need every bit of Nank's physicality to make it as a No.1 ruck.

Many on here are massive fans, i'm not as bullish about him as them.

As you suggest an interesting case.

Many on here are massive fans, i'm not as bullish about him as them.

I've never seen him play, except from some short highlights from VFL games prior to this season. I imagine most of us are like that. There is a rumour he might be a good player one day.

Has taken hangers before so can jump. From the games I have seen (albeit VFL) he is very capable at both Ruck and Forward.

My only qualm is that I saw him once get demonstrable at someone for taking the mark instead of leaving it for him. That had me questioning the leadership ability he is talked up to have.

Other than that I have more faith in him than Chol. He has a better footy brain and a bigger tank but most of all I like his superior hand eye coordination.

His injury could'nt have come at a worse time re: selection but I have no doubt his opportunity will come if not this year, next.

Reactions: 4 users
Is this all hype or media driven ? .The kid is contacted to 2021 number one and let's see retirements at the end of year who knows with Jack.

From the media I've seen its all media. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen no articles that state this club or that club are into him, but more the media saying, he hasn't played much, this club or that club should be looking at him.

I've never seen him play, except from some short highlights from VFL games prior to this season. I imagine most of us are like that. There is a rumour he might be a good player one day.
I've seen plenty of him at VFL, but this is a missing year for all of us - we really can't judge who has come on. But, based on 2019, he can take big contested marks around the ground, including forward. He has smarts and attitude and enough athleticism at that level. Much better in the air and in the contest than Chol.

Keep.

Reactions: 6 users
Reading some reports he may be the second coming of McBean!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users