Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

I for one want him to stay. Nank needs support. Not much on the market. If he was on another team's list we would be chasing him. Had to watch Brad Ottens playing for the cats for years. Don't want to go there again.

Reactions: 4 users
If Richmond is fair dinkum about the ethos of the Richmond Man then to my way of thinking the Club must throw its support behind both CCJ and Stackman.
Sure, they screwed up pretty big and the consequences have been rather monumental for them both and the Club.
I would like to see them both stay on the list, knowing that even the smallest of future indiscretions will see their careers finished at RFC.
Both are very talented footballers. I hope that the Club and their team mates are able to embrace them, give them the necessary support and inspire them to ascend to greater achievements in their footy careers. But it is not only talent that keeps them on the list. It, in the end, comes down to the sort of character these two can develop in dealing with this.
There may be a myriad of other issues of which I am completely unawares that may influence the decision makers, but I do hope to see these two playing for the Yellow and Black.

Reactions: 12 users
Stack is one hell of a player. ..I want him at Richmond .
If we lose him to say Freo we will forever watch him play with regret and envy.
I really hope he comes back. CCJ too.

Reactions: 2 users
Given our lack of ruck options after Nank, with Soldo spending most if not all of 2020 on the sidelines, I think we’ll keep CCJ on the list.
No question about it unless we have eyes on a ready made ruck somewhere to suit our game. CCJ should be smart enough to learn by his mistake and be better for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Stack is one hell of a player. ..I want him at Richmond .
If we lose him to say Freo we will forever watch him play with regret and envy.
I really hope he comes back. CCJ too.

The 2019 version of Stack was one hell of a player the 2020 version was having to be gifted games.

What will the 2021 version be like?

Purely from the point of view of a supporter I wouldn't want either to go.

I saw a comparison of CCJ to MacBean earlier but that couldn't be further from the truth, the only thing they have in common is that they are both tall. I have posted before that imo he is the best ruck/forward prospect I have seen at the club for a long time. He can take a grab and he busts packs which is not the way McJesus played, he was a very tall lurking flanker. We must keep him

As far as Stack is concerned he is a young turk with massive talent. He may or may not fulfill that talent but to me he has a choice between being Andrew Mcleod ( maybe a slightly lesser version) or Harley Bennell. For him to be the first one probably RFC is where he should be.

Reactions: 8 users
I saw a comparison of CCJ to MacBean earlier but that couldn't be further from the truth, the only thing they have in common is that they are both tall. I have posted before that imo he is the best ruck/forward prospect I have seen at the club for a long time. He can take a grab and he busts packs which is not the way McJesus played, he was a very tall lurking flanker. We must keep him

Didn't see anyone draw the comparison to McBean other than Cal is unproven at AFL level & yet tends to get hyped somewhat much like McBean was. Potential (geez I hate that word) is there yes but that's all it is until proven.
He may not make it at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't see anyone draw the comparison to McBean other than Cal is unproven at AFL level & yet tends to get hyped somewhat much like McBean was. Potential (geez I hate that word) is there yes but that's all it is until proven.

Spot on.
I can't hear that word anymore after McBean, Elton and Griffens

I also have always been really impressed with his VFL form and just reckon he's absolutely worth keeping and trying next season.
Be an awful shame if he made good at some other club.

Reactions: 3 users
The post below is what I was referring to which includes an opinion that it doesn't matter if he stays or goes. I'm just expressing my opinion about him as a prospect but my view is that the difference to MacBean is that CCJ is just a better footballer .
Of course it's unproven
I don't think CCJ staying or going will make any difference, just feels like another McBean situation.

I also have always been really impressed with his VFL form and just reckon he's absolutely worth keeping and trying next season.
Be an awful shame if he made good at some other club.

I too liked his VFL form in 2019. Has had an injury but also seemed to stutter a bit early this year for whatever reasons.
No guarantees he makes it at another club. All I know is he's an idiot for what he did with Stack. That's for certain.

The 2019 version of Stack was one hell of a player the 2020 version was having to be gifted games.

What will the 2021 version be like?
Agreed. Ball is in his court. If he doesn’t respond, no other club will want him.

We need to help by settling him in a position though. Half back or midfield (if he build his tank) for mine.

What a waste for cujo.

Assessing our ruck issues now he would surely be playing.
And almost had 2 free goes at it.
Adel and the 1st Final.

What a waste.

As KB used to say: "When the grog is in, the brain is out!"

Hope the kebab tasted good.

Reactions: 2 users
The post below is what I was referring to which includes an opinion that it doesn't matter if he stays or goes. I'm just expressing my opinion about him as a prospect but my view is that the difference to MacBean is that CCJ is just a better footballer .
Of course it's unproven
Wasn't comparing the two as footballers more the feeling/expectation that supporters have from the exposed VFL form and making the grade at the top level.
As for the staying and going part he's played just the 1 game so far, would we actually miss him he he was moved on?
I think we'll stick with him and hopefully this GC incident might be the kick in the ass he needs to push harder.

Wasn't comparing the two as footballers more the feeling/expectation that supporters have from the exposed VFL form and making the grade at the top level.
As for the staying and going part he's played just the 1 game so far, would we actually miss him he he was moved on?
I think we'll stick with him and hopefully this GC incident might be the kick in the ass he needs to push harder.
Sure I agree. Came out like I was having a go at you which wasn't my intention so apologies.
It's just that I don't agree that the hype around CCJ is yet at the McJesus level !!! He would need a thread of 300 pages to reach that level of hysteria :)

Sure I agree. Came out like I was having a go at you which wasn't my intention so apologies.
It's just that I don't agree that the hype around CCJ is yet at the McJesus level !!! He would need a thread of 300 pages to reach that level of hysteria :)
All good Sin, no apology needed . ;)