Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

I think the fear is he misses opportunities to prove himself at Richmond, leaves, and turns into an outstanding forward/ruck that we spent 4 years developing (not to mention the $100k club fine).

Nothing gained by the club in turning a pick 20 in 2017 into say pick 16 in 2021. I would call that a failure.

Reactions: 1 user
It's interesting the way we're using CJ and Chol in the 2s. CJ has always looked like a ruck/forward and Chol a forward/ruck, yet Chol is playing first ruck with CJ forward and relieving.

Possible reasons:
- To improve CJ's forward play because if and when he gets a game it's likely to be as 2nd ruck
- To get Chol involved in the game from the first bounce, because focus and intensity have been issues for him (it's working)
3. Both.

Reactions: 9 users
I don't really get the CJ angst.

1. its perfectly normal for a 21 year old ruckman to be in the 2nds in normal circumstances, let alone when you're reigning back 2 back premier
2. we have 6 ruck men on the list.
3. if he did wish to go elsewhere for opportunity, we'd get a first rounder for him and still have 5 ruck men.

Reactions: 3 users

1. its perfectly normal for a 21 year old ruckman to be in the 2nds in normal circumstances, let alone when you're reigning back 2 back premier
3. if he did wish to go elsewhere for opportunity, we'd get a first rounder for him and still have 5 ruck men.

Reactions: 1 users
The club held RCD back until they felt he could impact. Who is to say they aren't following the same path with CCJ?

Reactions: 2 users
CJ looks like a big unco doofus, but he actually moves alright. He often has high disposal numbers for a giraffe.

The club held RCD back until they felt he could impact. Who is to say they aren't following the same path with CCJ?

Agree, but the issue is whether or not we are holding him back so much that he breaks free and eventually runs into the arms of another.

Structure is important (the reason he’s not getting picked), but it’s on the coaches to create a structure so good players can play well. If they can’t do that for CCJ he should leave and I don’t think anyone should begrudge him if he does.

Reactions: 2 users
We've played that structure before though, @LeeToRainesToRoach might be able to tell us what percentage of games we've played Nank/Soldo/Chol in combination since Lynch arrived, but I think it would be about half.

Year
RdResult
2019​
1WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
2LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
3LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
4WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
5WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
6WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
7LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
8WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2019​
9WLYNCHSOLDO
2019​
10WLYNCHCOLEMAN-JONES
2019​
11LLYNCHSOLDO
2019​
12LLYNCHSOLDO
2019​
13LLYNCHCHOL
2019​
15WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
16WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
17WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
18WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
19WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
20WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
21WLYNCHNANKERVISCHOL
2019​
22WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2019​
23WLYNCHSOLDO
2019​
QFWLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2019​
PFWLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2019​
GFWLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2020​
1WLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2020​
2DLYNCHSOLDO
2020​
3LLYNCHSOLDO
2020​
4LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2020​
5WLYNCHNANKERVISCHOL
2020​
6LLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
7WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
8LLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
9WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
10WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
11WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
12WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
13WLYNCHSOLDOCHOL
2020​
14WLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2020​
15WLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2020​
17WLYNCHNANKERVISSOLDO
2020​
18WNANKERVISCHOL
2020​
QFLNANKERVISCHOL
2020​
SFWLYNCHNANKERVIS
2020​
PFWLYNCHNANKERVIS
2020​
GFWLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
1WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
2WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
3LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
4LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
5WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
6LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
7WLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
8LLYNCHNANKERVIS
2021​
9WLYNCHNANKERVIS

Reactions: 4 users
CJ looks like a big unco doofus,

I honestly reckon passively letting a fat Gold Coast hood just stroll off with his kebab,

set him back a year, quarantine issues aside.

can you imagine trying to flog Nank's kebab?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

I think the term ruckmen is being used loosely. CCJ is easily the best prospect of the 4 imo. The others are highly speculative. Nanks had some AFL form at Swans and we snagged him for a 3rd rounder. We're not getting a first rounder for CCJ unless we expose him to some AFL games and he does OK. I think he'll get his opportunity later in the season as I can't see us burning Nanks out. CCJ has been in good form at VFL level, just needs to keep doing that.

I think the term ruckmen is being used loosely. CCJ is easily the best prospect of the 4 imo. The others are highly speculative. Nanks had some AFL form at Swans and we snagged him for a 3rd rounder. We're not getting a first rounder for CCJ unless we expose him to some AFL games and he does OK. I think he'll get his opportunity later in the season as I can't see us burning Nanks out. CCJ has been in good form at VFL level, just needs to keep doing that.

points taken,

but Sam Naismith was easily the best prospect of Sydneys 4 ruck men too.

dont get me wrong, I hope we keep CJ and he becomes a premiership hero,

but I reckon the outcry of a 21 yo ruckman being developed in the 2's is a bit OTT

Glad to hear that Jack is going to take a pay cut , however imho I’m not sure Jacks going to be travelling too well in another 12 months, in saying that I don’t want to b3 like the Hawks and move on old stars for a late pick. My point is though I highly doubt CJ will ever get near the standard Jack has played for most of his career, however Imho CJ is going to be a very handy Ruck/forward for the next 10 years and as it stands a much more important signature to get right now. Geez an athletic 6/4 key forward would be nice to have coming through.

bloody hard finding holes on this list

Coleman Jones plus Stkilda's 2nd rounder for Anderson
Just cough up some extra and take Rowell with him.

Rowell's been a two straight season sick note and is nigh on crippled thats how we sell it. to em!!

Tell em if they give us Rowell we will let them keep King, if they don't give us Rowell we will take King instead :)):))

Last edited:
points taken,

but Sam Naismith was easily the best prospect of Sydneys 4 ruck men too.

dont get me wrong, I hope we keep CJ and he becomes a premiership hero,

but I reckon the outcry of a 21 yo ruckman being developed in the 2's is a bit OTT
I don't think the desire to have CCJ in the 1s is primarily driven for most by an outcry of him being developed in the 2s, more that many think Nanks needs help with his workload and Pickett as that person doesn't cut the mustard. CCJ turns 22yo in a couple of weeks. Ruckmen seem to start excelling around 24 and I think it would be a shame to lose him for the sake of a couple of years after so many years of development. It's really up to whether CCJ thinks he has a genuine future opportunity at the Tigers or has more opportunity elsewhere.