Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

On form CCJ and Caddy would be the two in line for selection.

But winning sides are rarely changed.

Caddy might the inclusion this week as a bigger harder body.

If CCJ doesnt play against the Bears which he might not as the conditions might not be best suited in Brisneyland I think he will get selected against the Crows fwiw.

Stacky might be in the frame to return for the Dreamtime occasion if his form continues its upward trend.
Dow and Stack are the two classiest players in the VFL. Those 2 plus CCJ are next in line. With Prestia, Edwards, Bolton and Cotch to come back in though its unlikely.

Can't drop RCD so its Naish, Mansell, Houli and Ross that will make way for those 4. Dow or Stack to replace Ralphsmith as the sub

Here is a guy who can obviously play who was taken at pick 20 but just cannot get a game. Very frustrating that he’ll go elsewhere and will likely flourish. What we have received in return for decent players in recent times has been very underwhelming and I can only hope we actually get a decent pick for him when he goes.

If he gets traded for peanuts again I’d be very disappointed.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is a guy who can obviously play who was taken at pick 20 but just cannot get a game. Very frustrating that he’ll go elsewhere and will likely flourish. What we have received in return for decent players in recent times has been very underwhelming and I can only hope we actually get a decent pick for him when he goes.

If he gets traded for peanuts again I’d be very disappointed.
The club will make a call on whether Sampson and Mate are up to the task of providing support. Once Soldo gets back on deck having 5 rucks is to many and you simply cant develop them all at the same time.

Reactions: 1 users
A ruck who can go forward and kick goals... we don't have another of those.

How many more seasons does Jack have left in him?

Dimma clearly doesn't rate rucks. If I was CuJo I'd be looking for a club that wanted to play him.

Reactions: 3 users
You would have to think if he can't get games in 2021 he will go. Once Soldo is back he will be one more rung down the pecking order. Sampson is going ok and it just looks like he is surplus to requirements.

If we are going to let him go then at the end of 2021 would be the time as, being under contract, we would presumably get a better deal. Aah, apparently not under contract, still, if he can't get games no point hanging on to him - doesn't do us or him any good.

Good luck to CCJ if he does leave, he needs to be at a club where he can get games.

DS

CCJ cut loose in the sunshine state last year, and it cost us $100k and him a 10 week suspension.
maybe we should wait 1 more week.
Using your logic Brodders Stackman shouldn't get a game for at least another 6 weeks for his additional breaches.

How do you ask for a decent pick for a guy you'd rather have Marlion Pickett rucking in front of?

With him out of contract at the end of the year we'd be lucky to get something in the third round for him. Our only hope would be if a couple of clubs want him badly enough to push each other lower.
Disagree. He cant get a game ahead of Nank, Jack and Lynch- unless we change our structure. it is not CCJ v Pickett.
If we arent the confident of him making it we are probably better off leaving him in the 2s and hope he continues to dominate.

Having said that I hope he gets a game soon and does well, cos as others have mentioned, a good goal kicking ruckman is rare.

Don't make sense to be why he can't get a game.
We had Soldo and Nank in at the same time.
I am perplexed

Reactions: 1 users
Keep seeing new posts in the CCJ thread and each time I’m hoping it’s someone with the inside info that he’s gonna get a game this week.
Oh well - can only continue to watch and hope.

How do you ask for a decent pick for a guy you'd rather have Marlion Pickett rucking in front of?

With him out of contract at the end of the year we'd be lucky to get something in the third round for him. Our only hope would be if a couple of clubs want him badly enough to push each other lower.
The hope you have is that you can add him into a potential deal instead of a pick.

I‘m still no closer to knowing if CCJ is a part of the future or not. But I don’t think he’s untouchable.

We need to expose him to AFL to find out more about him.

If he's signed beyond 2021 as the article suggests, then the more interested clubs fighting over him the better. We'll at least be able to dictate decent value for him.

Looks kinda crazy that at a club where the coach and match committee appear to prefer the high speed run and gun team structure we can claim ownership of five rucks.
Nank preferred first ruck, plays nasty beast mode and I'm pretty sure as with other rucks prefers to play as the only ruck with part time fillers.

Soldo second ruck, out with a knee reco but was playing a reasonable second ruck role. Not up to Nank standard but was a capable and hard working honest ruck, with a hint of beast.
Cujo, mix of ruck and key forward. Strong mark, decent set shot. Unfortunately he can't get senior game time with Nank, Jaaack n Lynchman controlling the key spots. Appears to have the necessary attributes at seconds level. Questions that might not get answered with us, is he mobile enough key forward, is he capable enough for first ruck? In his fourth year this year and still can't get games for us, leaves him on shaky ground.

Samson, Seriously tall, still a tad light for senior ruck, still in starting development mode for AFL / VFL level comp. Mobility, marking, goal kicking, ruck capability all still unasked and unanswerable questions due to only starting this season.

Maaaaaate, rookie basketballer, beside being in some form of rookie development role as Soldo was some years ago, not really even considering he'd make any impact until probably 2024 if at all.

While five rucks seems exorbitant, there's been plenty of posters over the years bemoaning our lack of ruck stocks and always promoting the argument to buy ready made rucks and only use later picks to develop young rucks who can then be on sold for premium prices. Sad as it may seem, Cujo who we took early can't break into our side and will probably wind up on the market at seasons end. Now we just need some clubs with a desperate need for a ruck / key forward combo who's straight up ready to go.

Perfect opportunity to give him a run tomorrow night. Free hit against Brisbane and at least it would throw their defence planning a curve ball. But we get to see him against decent opposition.

Both Nank and Soldo are very good set shots for goal, they aren't true ruck/forwards I guess. But they can go forward and kick goals.

Interesting if the powers that be have decided a Nando ruck duo is enough with Samson and potentially Ma-tay is enough going forward without CCJ.

Still have to find a replacement for Jack. If not 2022 then 2023. CCJ helps in that area. If we lose him then we would need to find a replacement option.

The club has built up its ruck stocks for a reason and we can expect CJ will be traded this year. His current contract expires at years end and there are a number of clubs who could be interested, GC and GWS certainly but others will come.
RFC will still have leverage and an upgrading of our first round pick could result..
He is playing well at the lower level and should be ready for AFL time in the next few weeks.

Might be shown to advantage if he gets a few games in starting ???

A ruck who can go forward and kick goals... we don't have another of those.

How many more seasons does Jack have left in him?

Dimma clearly doesn't rate rucks. If I was CuJo I'd be looking for a club that wanted to play him.
Its getting to the point after drafting Colina and Ryan, and re signing Soldo maybe the club isnt quite as high on CCJ as many of us are, and drafted Ryan and Colina knowing that Callum might not be at the club after this season.
Who knows.

We will see him in the next week or two I feel, if not this week probably most likely against the Crows.

It's funny how much better players are when they don't play. You'd think he was a cross between Simon Madden and Royce Hart they way he is talked up. There is simply no real spot for him at the moment and Soldo is an inclusion before him when ready.

I've seen him on limited occassion's and every time he looks small for a ruck (doesn't appear super athletic) and reasonably slow for a key forward.

At the moment he is really just insurance if Nank (touch wood/god forbid) or Lynch or Jack goes down. For me Choi has more upside in that key forward/relief ruck role if he puts it all together.

It's funny how much better players are when they don't play. You'd think he was a cross between Simon Madden and Royce Hart they way he is talked up. There is simply no real spot for him at the moment and Soldo is an inclusion before him when ready.

I've seen him on limited occassion's and every time he looks small for a ruck (doesn't appear super athletic) and reasonably slow for a key forward.

At the moment he is really just insurance if Nank (touch wood/god forbid) or Lynch or Jack goes down. For me Choi has more upside in that key forward/relief ruck role if he puts it all together.
Yeah, he’s being built up to be bigger and better than McBean!

Yeah, he’s being built up to be bigger and better than McBean!
5 goals against a park footy side and demands he must be promoted?

He really needs to dominate for a while and demand to be picked. 9 goals in 4 games (which includes 5 in one) isn't necessarily compelling evidence.