Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Callum Coleman-Judas - extricate yourself to Nth Ballarat, you git

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Get Nank right, give CCJ a go, it's round 1 so plenty of games to go. Sounds like a bloody good idea.

DS
Agree DS. Give the kid maybe 3 or 4 games to gain some experience and then if Nank is 100% right (and in form in the VFL) then make the switch.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Agree DS. Give the kid maybe 3 or 4 games to gain some experience and then if Nank is 100% right (and in form in the VFL) then make the switch.
I agree that 1 game in a row achieves little.
You need to give a kid a block of at least 3 games regardless of output, to make it worthwhile.
look at Brendan Gale.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
After reading a little snippet in the Hun about Gws today .......I hope he’s a happy little CCJ at Tigerland!

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
CJ was another I was looking forward to today who struggled to have an impact.
Astbury gave him a bit of a football lesson.
That said Dave is one of the best we have so no shame in that. He looks set for a great year.
CJ? Still a work in progress.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
That said Dave is one of the best we have so no shame in that. He looks set for a great year.

Dave looks to me to be as fit and athletic as he ever has since lockdown.

Did this come through at training Tooheys?

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

Hope CCJ can make the jump this year. Nankervis’ spot is up for grabs, even if Soldo needs a rest and we want to go a solo ruck.

Happy to be corrected but I can’t recall Nank playing a stand-out game in the seniors since rd 1 2019.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Hope CCJ can make the jump this year. Nankervis’ spot is up for grabs, even if Soldo needs a rest and we want to go a solo ruck.

Happy to be corrected but I can’t recall Nank playing a stand-out game in the seniors since rd 1 2019.

I wouldn't write the big Nank off, Obviously the selectors have a far better idea than I do but as much as I question who is better between Soldo and Nank, if playing reduced minutes and wanting to play only one ruck there are some real arguments it should be Nank due to his all round game and speed as opposed to Soldo.

I have no idea what they will choose and that may well change throughout the year but when fit and firing Nank is an asset.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I wouldn't write the big Nank off, Obviously the selectors have a far better idea than I do but as much as I question who is better between Soldo and Nank, if playing reduced minutes and wanting to play only one ruck there are some real arguments it should be Nank due to his all round game and speed as opposed to Soldo.

I have no idea what they will choose and that may well change throughout the year but when fit and firing Nank is an asset.

I think you're underestimating Soldo's ability around the ground. He's no dinosaur.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

If CCJ comes good this year, I think we need to look at what we could get for a relatively young dual premiership ruckman. Hate the thought of trading someone like him but he'd be one of our players with currency in a role we can easily fill.

GWS need a ruckman like Nank and Tom Green needs to come home

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There is no doubt that CCJ is work in progress but he will be worth it imo. I haven't seen a better prospect as a ruck/forward at RFC since Brad Ottens.

I am a little concerned with his kicking but hopefully they are working on that

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
I think you're underestimating Soldo's ability around the ground. He's no dinosaur.

Due to living abroad I don't get to many games, from the TV it certainly looks like Nank gets to more contests and certainly as a clearance player. Soldo obviously the bigger and better tap ruckman.

Soldo has improved out of sight and I think it was preseason last year (Or was it the year before?) when you gave him a wrap, and I replied saying that's great as all we had at that stage was Nank, a second option was desperately needed. Not many including me thought he would improve this much this quickly.

Im glad its not my decision but im confident the selectors will get it right based on what they are looking for.