Captaincy (poll) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Captaincy (poll)

Who's going to be captain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
From memory, when Balme joined the coaches and Balme made a decision about the leadership structure, returning JR to leadership group and determining a C and 2 VC was the right way to go.

I suspect they will again determine the structure they want then have players vote around that, the deicision IMO wont just be as simple as a player vote and im fine with that.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The yearly voting process means there's less long-term commitment, and less risk, in selecting a young player such as Jack Graham.

Trent was first announced as captain in November, so this preseason would be the first time in my memory that we have completed half a preseason without a captain or last year's captain as acting captain.

The club's process gives the next captain a chance to emerge naturally through his day-to-day relationships with the boys, and then the voting process would become a formality. Maybe Caesar has an idea of who feels like the next captain so far at training?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I voted Lynch.
I would love to see Jack R or SHEdwards as capt, but i dont think we will go for someone older than Cotch.
Grimes probably fits in that category too.

Jack G needs to lock his place in our best 22 before becoming skipper.
Vlastuin I forgot about when voting. he would be my 2nd option.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
I see Jack Graham too borderline a player to be captain. That's not to say he can't become one of the first selected over the next few years....but dropping a young captain (if required) never goes well - see GWS.

Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I voted for Jayden Short

He was the only 1 on the list without a vote

Just rude

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I agree but I think they’ll select a younger fella while he has the chance to be mentored by vets of quality
Shedda for 2yrs then hand it over to Jack Graham is ideal IMO.
Nearly all our legends will have retired by then and Graham will be seen as the leader of the new group to which Cotch was when he took over.

Reactions: 3 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Martin if he wants it.

Vlastuin the second pick.

But who the hell knows? The players will know best and fortunately they are the ones who, I think, decide.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Can we change the poll to edit our selections. I have a new preference each day!!

I'm really not sure whether not having one or two standout candidates is a good or bad thing. Is it that none of the contenders scream make me captain or they all scream that?

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I’ve gone with Sheds. (Consistent performance, respectful, generally resilient body *fingers crossed*, done it before and doesn’t give away stupid free kicks)

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Dusty clearly for Leysy.

Think dual captains with someone like Dylan might be a chance if they want to take some media off him.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Lambo. Another Richmond Man through and through.

Reactions: 7 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Lambo. Another Richmond Man through and through.
As much as I'd love Dustin to prove to the rest of the football world what a great leader he's become, l can't see him ever put his hand up to do it.... Anyway, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I too went for Lambert, for what he's achieved through hard work, dedication, persistence and his willingness to sacrifice for the team.
I have no idea what he's like as a bloke, but he appears respectful, humble, grateful and loved by his teammates.
That's enough for me.
edit.... imagine his first game as skipper.... "Hey Blues.... remember me?"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Dusty steaming ahead in the voting like it's 2 minutes to go in the first half of the 20 GF!

To me, it's:

- Dusty / Lambert: Capt
- Jack: VC
- Graham: VC (to take over in 3ish years)